Compare Different Versions and Related Products
About This Edition
From the Publisher
- The sixth edition is available with the most advanced new products for user and instructor choice, engagement, and outcomes. Aplia, the best-selling online homework solution, will be available with ApliaText, a complete interactive digital edition of the Mankiw text embedded right in the Aplia online course. CourseMate is a new product that integrates a digital edition of the textbook with a suite of user engagement tools such as video, graphing practice, tutorials, games, and more. CourseMate also includes Engagement Tracker, which lets instructors see which of the resources users are actually using.
- The new, sixth edition of Principles of Microeconomics contains extensively updated coverage of areas impacted by the financial crisis.
- New "Problems and Applications" appear throughout the sixth edition, providing an effective, integrated way for users to assess their mastery of the material and to review more efficiently for assignments and exams.
- Created by economist Ron Cronovich of Carthage College, the groundbreaking Premium PowerPoint® Presentations feature chapter-by-chapter slides designed to ease instructors' course preparation time while increasing user involvement in the classroom through interactive examples and applications. The presentations organize lecture points into sections that users can easily digest, animate graphs the way instructors might draw them, and include user "Note Prompt" handouts to facilitate effective notetaking without distracting users from active participation in class.
- "In the News" boxes include excerpts from many newspaper articles and encourage users to apply basic economic theory to discover how economics can provide an illuminating new perspective and enable greater understanding of world events.
- "FYI" boxes provide additional material to expand key concepts and discussions by offering a glimpse into the history of economic thought, clarifying technical issues, and exploring supplementary topics you might choose to complement your core lectures.
- Economic theory is most useful and interesting when applied to actual events and policies, which is why the text contains numerous Case Studies to vividly illustrate the real-world applications and consequences of key principles.
- "Quick Quizzes" follow each major section to help users check their comprehension of what they just learned and to focus their review when preparing for exams.
- Each chapter contains a variety of problems and applications that encourage users to apply the material they have learned. These practical, interesting activities serve equally well as homework assignments and starting points for lively classroom discussions.