5.0 out of 5 stars Best wallet for its Price
I got this wallet a month ago and i love it. Its the best in its price range.
It holds all my cards (atleast 10) and the best part is its magnetic clip which is very firm and easy.
I never sliped a card or a dollar out, will buy the product again.
Published on July 29, 2009 by laxman

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmm.... Not bad...
Probably i was expecting a little more from this wallet...
Its great for its price though. The description says 10 cards can fit in, but i don't think so.
If u fit in 10 cards, then u can feel the bulge and the cards fit in really tightly..
Its difficult to remove the cards in this condition.. Fits about 6 cards comfortably.
The ID window is really...
Published on February 8, 2010 by Abhijit R. Kulkarni

5.0 out of 5 stars Best wallet for its Price, July 29, 2009
I got this wallet a month ago and i love it. Its the best in its price range.
I never sliped a card or a dollar out, will buy the product again.

4.0 out of 5 stars It carries the bare essentials from a wallet in a cheap and thin package .. and not much else., April 5, 2010
I have been using this money clip wallet as my everyday primary wallet for just over a week.
This money clip has 3 vertical slots (3 credit card slots next to money clip) and 3 horizontal slots (1 ID window and 2 slots on top). It has the words "Genuine Leather" engraved below the money clip and no other text or labels anywhere else.

The quality isn't top notch, but you shouldn't be expecting that at this price. There is one seem around 3 edges which I would consider unfinished. Imagine an upholstered chair cushion: Great and seamless on top, but when you flip it around you see the staples (seem) and the raw excess fabric beyond the staples. 3 of the 4 edges on the back (clip side) have this effect where the leather is stitched and the excess beyond the stitch is present and not "finished". Cosmetically it's not that bad, but I can see this being the first point of failure of all the stitch work.

The slots are a tight fit. With one credit card in each of the 3 credit card slots and 2 ID cards in the ID window slot, the remaining 2 slots at the top of the wallet become too tight to use on a regular basis. I've chosen to put my paper insurance cards in there since I don't access them often.

The money clip itself is nice. There is a quarter (25 cent piece) sized magnet on both sides (as opposed to one magnet and one piece of metal) so the hold is strong. With 15 bills you can shake and swing the wallet around fairly vigorously with no bill movement. More than 15 bills and things might start to shift as you move the wallet in and out of your pocket.

I have had no issues with magnet erasing the strips on my credit cards. The only issue I have is with the magnet interacting with my cellphone. I own a Motorola Droid cellphone. This specific cellphone has a docking station with a magnet in it. The phone has a magnetometer built in to detect magnets so that the phone knows if it is in its docking station. Placing this wallet next to my phone triggers the docking sensor and the phone thinks it is docked. This is bad since the phone turns the display on when docked and that drains the battery quickly. So if I don't pay attention, I can easily empty my pockets onto a table and come back to a dead cellphone battery. This is not a flaw of the wallet, just something I wish I thought of before purchasing.

Overall it's a good wallet for the price. I wouldn't give it to anyone as a gift or show it off, but it serves the purpose I bought it for and that's to carry the bare essentials from a wallet in a cheap and thin package.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmm.... Not bad..., February 8, 2010
Probably i was expecting a little more from this wallet...
The ID window is really nice.. The plastic has a slit to push out the card using the thumb..
The magnetic clip is very strong. Overall quality is OK.. could have been better.. I have 10 cards in it at present, so its a little difficult for me to pull out my debit card. Hopefully it will loosen up in a few days.
All in all... Not bad...!!

5.0 out of 5 stars *****, August 20, 2009
Product is exactly as advertised and pictured. The ID windows is large enough to show all the ID, no cropping information off the sides, the card pockets are tight even with only one card in each so they won't fall out. Good quality and strong magnet for the clip. When I don't have any cash on me I leave the clip portion on the outside of my rear pocket so I can easily grab and lift the wallet out (I work a job where I carry pens and markers in the same back pocket and getting to my wallet can have pens falling out all over the place sometimes). Much thinner that the wallet I replaced and makes sitting on it more comfortable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hideous--Very Disappointed..., December 23, 2009
I rarely write reviews, but when I noticed the price on this money clip had more than tripled, I had to enter a PSA. DO NOT PURCHASE THIS WALLET/MONEY CLIP if you have any concern for quality or plan to give it as a gift. First, the box it came in had a thin clear plastic cover that looked like it was left over from 1982. The gold lettering "Money Clipper Genuine Leather #910E" had rubbed off or smeared in spots on the plastic cover. The plastic cover for the box was badly scratched, especially in the middle, as if it had been smooshed up against another unsold relic for the last 27 years, waiting for some idiot to say, "Oh, that looks like a good deal!" Obviously, this is not suitable for gift giving in its present state.

I had great hopes for this money clip/wallet as previous reviews on Amazon had been fairly glowing. I don't know if those purchasers received a different, or perhaps newer version, or if they were just reviewing based on the <$10 price, but the clip/wallet I received was about as far from "fine leather and hand crafted" as one could get. I'm not even certain it is leather, to be honest, but if it is, it is sub-standard to say the least. The "leather" has a terrible odor and the photo ID window is crooked and poorly stitched. It has (surprise, surprise) some of that ultra cheap plastic in the window area. The entire wallet is poor stitched--or glued. There is no "give" to the credit card slots--they kind of crack a bit when you open them.

The whole thing is just an embarrassment and it is easily the worst thing I have purchased on Amazon. That is saying something as I am a Prime member and shop almost exclusively with Amazon when they have what I need. This item was incredibly disappointing and I hope I can save at least one other shopper from making a similar mistake. Perhaps I got a "bad batch", I don't know. I had planned to add this as a little stocking stuffer Christmas gift, but the quality is just too poor to pass off as even a stocking stuffer, let alone a "real" gift.

Stay away--or plan extra time for a return and shipment of a different item. Best of luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Product!, July 1, 2010
I got this for husband for Father's day since his wallet tore. It doesn't hold a lot of cards which was good for him to get rid of some stuff he didn't need. I'd say it holds well up to 6-8, and for him it's mainly his credit cards, insurance cards, and ID card. The magnetic money clip is also very strong.

5.0 out of 5 stars You get a lot more than you pay for!, May 17, 2012
This review is from: Printed grain cow hide leather money clip with magnet (Apparel)
I was pretty concerned about this purchase when I made it, but figured the price was worth the gamble. Boy was it. I have had this wallet for about 3 months now, and every time I pull it out of my pocket I am still surprised at the quality of the leather and the stitching. It's not some cheap bonded junk that falls apart and cracks as soon as you put it in your pocket, but is a good quality thick leather with good solid stitching. It is not lamb skin or some super soft supple heavily tooled shiny patent leather, so if you are looking for a decorative or impressive presentation, this probably isn't for you. It is however, extremely good quality 'working leather' that has proven to be durable while remaining attractive. Speaking of presentation, the box it is shipped in is pretty plain. Simple cardboard bottom with a transparent plastic cover. If you are buying as a gift, you might think of finding another presentation box if that sort of thing is important to you.

After some serious hands on time, here are my impressions.

Usually the first area to show wear and start to fail on this type of wallet is the vinyl cover on the ID section. After quite a bit of abuse in my jeans pocket, which is typically occupied with my keys and loose change, it still looks good and doesn't show any signs of pulling away from the leather or areas of weakness. The vinyl is thick enough to be durable but thin enough to not be prone to cracking or scuffing. Also the leather edge in the window area is still neat and shows very little signs of wear. In other 'high quality brand name' wallets of this style I have owned, I have found loose strings, frayed edges, and lots of messy looking goop that forms from glue or sealer that they use. Nothing like that at all on this wallet. The leather fibers are still nice and clean, and it looks just about the same as it did when I got it.

I easily fit 7 cards and my ID in the wallet section. I could fit more, but it would be even more bulky than it already is. I wouldn't be anxious to put much more than 10 cards in at once, as I think it would start to stretch the leather beyond that point, but two cards per slot (3 back pockets, one front ID pocket, and one center pocket) is easy to achieve and the cards still go in and out without much difficulty or effort. I have yet to have any card move around, come loose, or fall out, so I can confidently say the pockets are secure.

The only real complaint I have about this wallet is that it does have some bulk to it. It's still a LOT smaller than any front pocket wallet or the like that I have come across, but it is quite a bit thicker and larger than the little ID insert with a card slot on the back from a Dockers branded wallet that I had been using. I have not quite gotten used to the size even after a couple of months, but it is not so bulky that I have any real issues with it.

The magnet gave me a lot of pause when I bought this. I've had a lot of cards go bad over the years because of magnet issues, and I really wasn't sure about taking the risk of having another set get blanked by something that is supposed to make life more convenient (and anyone who has experienced mag strip problems knows what a hassle it can be to get a replacement card, or worse yet to stand at the checkout telling the cashier "no, it won't swipe, you have to key in the number manually" UGH!) Well, after a couple of months, I haven't had a single issue. Now obviously I don't store my cards in the money clip where they are sure to get zapped. I put them in the leather pockets where they are supposed to be stored, and have had zero problems. It is a bit surprising given the strength of the magnet, which easily holds a stack of 10 or 12 bills and a couple of receipts quite securely.

One caveat that I would offer for those of you that might toss your wallet in the same pocket you do your smartphone, the magnet on this wallet might be strong enough to interfere with your phone. I'm a bit of a geek and tinker with my phone a lot, but I have noticed an increase in the number of 'glitches' I have had since starting to use this wallet. I have started to make sure I carry my phone in another pocket, just to be on the safe side and would recommend that anyone who carries it do the same.

Overall, this wallet is a great purchase, and I would gladly pay 2 or 3 times the price I paid for it again. Even with the abuse of being my daily wallet, I fully expect this to last at least a couple of years or more. I have no hesitation recommending it as a fantastic buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wallet review, September 18, 2010
Nice wallet. Good construction but the magnet erased some gift cards that I ihad and every time I went to stay at a hotel it would erase the swipe on the hotel key if I ha d the wallet in the same pocket. Cool concept, bad functionality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing service, August 19, 2009
Brett Jones (Rockwall, Texas) - See all my reviews
I just received it today [Wednesday] and I ordered it 3 days ago [Sunday]

When I ordered it on Sunday I was expecting it to ship on Monday. Within an hour of ordering it I received an email saying it was shipped [on a Sunday]. I can't believe how fast it was shipped.

Also it doesn't look cheap or anything, very good quality. [better than my expensive wallets]

I would refer anybody here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice wallet/money clip, August 18, 2010
I first tried the infomercial metal version ($5 at a flea market) that holds credit cards on one side, and bills on the other. I loved it, but once you put a wad of bills in the money clip, it wouln't hold just a few bills. I've heard many similar complaints about non-magnetic clips.

I went online, did some research and chose this wallet/clip, and am not disappointed. The magnetic bill holder holds more bills than I'd ever carry, and there are several compartments in addition to the three credit card slots. The magnet has not affected my credit cards even though they're right behind the clip. Haven't used a room key yet.

Printed grain cow hide leather money clip with magnet
$4.99 $0.22 - $49.45