4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!
Published 11 months ago by Nelle

i own the 2nd edition and was excited to purchase the 3rd because i wanted more of the same type of questions. unfortunately, the questions (and answers) in this 3rd edition are the same WORD-FOR-WORD!!

its an awesome book - if you don't already own the 2nd edition (buy the second edition---its cheaper)
Published 12 months ago by shlomedic

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, January 14, 2014
This review is from: Prioritization, Delegation, and Assignment: Practice Exercises for the NCLEX Examination, 3e (Paperback)
Initially I purchased the 2nd edition of this book, but realized that some of the chapters were updated and that I would have access to the online material, so I purchased it. The questions are extremely helpful for the NCLEX PDA questions, but also SATA (select all that apply) too. The book also has case studies that really help you critically think about the situations. However, the online material includes the same questions (including the case studies) that are in the book. If you prefer to not have the physical book, you can purchase the online questions for around $20. This helps you gain practice of taking a computerized test. They have two modes, exam mode and study mode. You can also test yourself based on the chapters, concepts, QSEN competencies, etc.

I gave this only 4 stars because although it is an excellent book, it would've been better to see additional questions available online rather than the same questions that are in the book. I would recommend this book to anyone who is taking the NCLEX. It is extremely helpful and includes the rationales for each question. But, like I said, if you don't have to have the physical book, it really isn't necessary since all the material is available for a decent price online on the evolve website.

2.0 out of 5 stars this is the same as the 2nd edition - nothing changed except for the format, December 30, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST for RN Boards, January 17, 2014
definitely get this book prior to Boards its the only book that makes clear since in how and why the correct answers are correct, it is a thin book easy to read with 3 pages to each chapter. BUT, your way of thinking will be completely clearer on how to think on answering all questions. Donna

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book to have for RN students., February 22, 2014
Great book for nursing school and to help study for the NCLEX. I didn't get it until I was studying for state boards but wish I had it for nursing school because all the subject matter is so important. I passed the boards on first try :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Want to pass? Use LaCharity!, August 13, 2014
I rented this book on the advice from my NCLEX coordinator after I failed the exam the first time with 265 questions. I had used Kaplan the first time around and spent two weeks hardcore prepping. I was devastated especially since I already had a job offer. This book really helped me focus on just prioritization per staff role and tx of pts. Along with this book, I used Saunders and Davis. The second time around, I passed with 75 questions and all of them felt too easy to be true. Forget all the money you pay for companies like Kaplan and spend the $20 renting LaCharity instead!

5.0 out of 5 stars So I would recommend saving half the cost of the book and just ..., August 4, 2014
I bought this book because I needed extra help in prioritization for NCLEX. Prioritization has always been my weakest point and I needed the extra help. Buying beware: the same EXACT questions from the book are on the evolve website when you register the book. So I would recommend saving half the cost of the book and just buying the registration access from the evolve website. I never used the book since I strictly used the online portion that came with the book and nothing else. The content was worth it and it was a great purchase. Thanks to this book, the Saunders comprehensive review, and ATI, I passed my NCLEX the first time with 77 questions!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is great! Did all Chapters, July 5, 2014
This book is great! Did all Chapters. Passed Nclex 1st try. It's highly talked about by many prepping for Nclex.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it!, March 1, 2014
I was really bad at prioritization, but after I use this book, I improve a lot. I understand what to delegate and which to prioritize. I would recommend this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource, October 23, 2014
After graduating nursing school, I decided not to pay for a prep course but instead purchased this book, the Saunders Comprehensive Review, and the Kaplan book. I stopped in the middle of Kaplan because the questions were just too closely tied to the book's very limited content review and I knew more would be expected on the NCLEX. Saunders offered a very thorough review of content, but the practice questions were obviously too simple. This book was BY FAR the BEST practice for the actual exam; I passed at 75 questions. I went through the entire LaCharity text over the course of about four days just before my test date, and during the exam, I breezed through the prioritization, delegation, and assignment questions. Please, do yourself a favor and get this text.

5.0 out of 5 stars MUST HAVE FOR BOARDS, August 12, 2014
This book is a must have if your studying for the boards. It helped me pass my boards, I got hit with a lot of prioritization questions and this book made it easy for me to break it down and choose.

$39.95 $36.32