Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

on September 30, 2012
There are a ton of backdrops available at all price points. This product is at the low end of the price point scale but the quality is very good for the price. What do you give up? The main drawback to this backdrop is the thickness of the material. It's simply not as rugged or light proof as a backdrop that cost $200. But this backdrop costs a fraction of that. Don't shoot against a window during mid-day and expect this backdrop to block all the light. Some users have complained of wrinkles in the material. The more expensive fabrics don't wrinkle as much, but if you light properly and set your exposure correctly you should not have a problem with wrinkles--except if your subject has them. All in all a good value for the dollar.
on June 4, 2013
You can't get any better than these muslin backdrops. They are heavy, color is deep, and hang beautifully. Definitely recommend for any photographer- pro to novice. The added free bonus of a storage/carrying case will keep them clean for travel as well. It wasn't even listed in the product listing!

Wrinkle removing trick- Hang it up and stretch it with 3-4 muslin clamps to your frame. Spray mist it with water and let it dry- 20-30 minutes. Repeat if still a few tough wrinkles. It WILL flatten and you have little "elbow effort" to make it happen. Try it, it really works. I discovered this with a REALLY heavy green screen muslin and could not believe how easy this east to get "wrinkle free".
on August 16, 2012
Nice product for the price! I wouldn't recommend trying to steam this...it needs to be ironed if you want it to have no wrinkles. Personally I am of the opinion of embracing the wrinkles or addressing it in post production. I think no matter where you get your Muslin it will wrinkle...it is what it is...literally, it's Muslin. If you want a nice black Muslin backdrop for little money...then buy this. I give it my stamp of approval.
on September 11, 2015
Little on the thin side, but as long as you're not directly in front of a light source, it's fine.
***update***
After leaving the above review, the seller contacted me and offered to send me a second backdrop free of charge to alleviate the thinness of the product. Two of these together work well to give a nice dark backdrop. SPN Performance is a seller that is definitely dedicated to customer service.
on February 14, 2016
It's great, it's cheap! No, it's not a 10' x 12' blackout sheet (did you notice the price?)

It's solid black, no discolorations. It has to stretch to get out the creases from shipping. If you're shooting on a black background, the depth of field should be that it's not in focus anyway. IMO

I'm happy with it, I ordered 2 other backgrounds, but haven't used them yet.
on January 7, 2012
This Backdrop is solid black and although lightweight it isn't so thin that it's see through. It gets wrinkles and you will need a steamer to flatten them. Also the edge stitching is weak. For the price, it's a good deal.
on June 15, 2015
I did a lot of research before purchasing this backdrop & I love it! I use this for photo booths & it's huge. The muslin cloth isn't transparent at all, so you get a good quality looking background in your photos. The only downside to this backdrop is that it wrinkles VERY easily. I tried ironing it out after I got it out of the package & really couldn't get all the wrinkles out completely. My advice to other photogs is to up the contrast a bit & you lose the wrinkles. Other than that downside, this is a good backdrop for the price you pay.
on February 7, 2010
I am not a professional photographer, but I take a lot of pictures of pets for a group of friends. I LOVE this photo drape! It is very large and well-made, and the black color lends a neutral, contrasting background to my light-colored dog photos. The drape arrived quickly. I am very pleased.
on April 4, 2016
Finally got around to ordering a backdrop and this is a good choice. No rips, holes, or discolorations. Some of the stitching loose but that a small thing. Is as pictured and good quality material. Kinda on the heavy side, that's a good thing. I would recommend this product so far, haven't to wash it yet.
After reading my review this company contacted me, apologized for any problems I was having with the item and offered a replacement. I informed the seller a replacement isn't required but greatly appreciate such wonderful customer service. I must say This company truly believes in "customer satisfaction".
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 9, 2013
Let me start by saying that I am not a professional. Therefore, I cannot make a comparison to more professional and pricier backdrops. I bought this backdrop to take photos of my son in our house, and for this purpose, I couldn't be happier. I hung up the backdrop, steamed it, and sprayed it with water, and the wrinkles came out well enough. However, it is easy to produce more wrinkles by creasing it. From what I read, all muslin backdrops are going to have wrinkle issues. After one photo session, I can say that the wrinkles were not an issue. Black does well to hide the wrinkles.