5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected
For the price that I paid I expected to get a very thin material. The material is a good weight and the black color is very sharp. I am very satisfied with this product.
Published on December 20, 2008 by Libby Clarke

3.0 out of 5 stars meh
I like the cover that came with it.
Got all the wrinkles out with cold water, weights and clamps.

Was miss stitched on the side.

Had white flecks of paint on it.
Published on February 25, 2013 by Anthony

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, December 20, 2008
This review is from: Prism Backdrops 6X10' Black Muslin Photo Video Backdrop Background (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE IT!, December 12, 2009
I love this backdrop. It is thick and appears very black in photos. You will get the look you're going for with this one. I would definitely recommend this backdrop to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, heavy backdrop, December 9, 2012
This is a high quality, heavy weight muslin backdrop. It comes packaged in a plastic bag inside a cloth bag. While it was wrinkled upon arrival, I see little alternative when a thicker muslin is the material in question. It took about 15 minutes and wasn't difficult to steam iron the backdrop (which worked well). The material itself is about right for creating the right deep black behind my subject matter. It does its job well. For those who don't keep their backdrop up, I suggest getting a cardboard tube from your local carpet retailer. The carpet is shipped on these rolls and they often have many laying around. Make sure it's clean, cut it to the right length and carefully roll the muslin onto it. Should save some wrinkles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Backdrop for Headshots, May 4, 2010
I used this backdrop to take headshots of a high school theater class. The size was just right for the applicataion, easy to manage, deep black color. I investigated making my own backdrop, but after I saw the low price on this one I just bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for home photography, November 9, 2010
MK "MKOSU04" (Farmington Hills, MI) - See all my reviews
First off, let me say that I got this a couple weeks ago for $14.89 with shipping. I see that the price is higher today.

I wanted a black backdrop for taking some pictures at home of our baby girl.

For that, this is great. Especially for the price.

It should probably be ironed when you get it home. Or you can blur any creases in photoshop afterward. (thats what I did).

I put a piece of 3/4" PVC through the one end (there is a hem that you can feed it through) to make my own bar. This way I can roll it instead of folding it... trying to avoid more creases.

It works great for taking fun pictures at home. Kind of like the one I uploaded...

5.0 out of 5 stars Can get super black blacks with proper lighting, January 2, 2014
Cobalt (Mid Michigan) - See all my reviews
Would like to point out that this is NOT an amazing quality backdrop. Sure it says Muslin but it's very lightweight and simple.

Now that said, I've gotten some beautiful photos with this backdrop. The price is perfect for home use and if you know what you're doing you can get some really great beautiful blacks.

My process:
I shine a really soft light on the backdrop itself, behind my models for a little backlighting & help prevent a dark shadow from my flash. I shoot with a Canon 60D, the 24-135 f/4L and a 430EXII flash bouncing off the white wall in a narrow room. I take all photos in RAW & small.

The RAWs are edited in Photoshop - I up Exposure / Blacks / Brightness / Contrast and reduce Vibrance & Saturation - the final product is a beautiful portrait with a stark black backdrop.

I use a curtain rod to keep the backdrop in place - works great.

Note: You DO need to iron this before using - it arrives very wrinkled but the packaging is great.
I keep the backdrop rolled up when not in use and this keeps it from needing to be ironed.

Quality for this price is so amazing I bought 2 more very soon after. Definitely recommend this for a starter black backdrop!

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Muslin Backdrop, December 18, 2011
Jason M. Eiting (Milwaukee, WI Usa) - See all my reviews
Originally I was disappointed in this product but I have discussed the issues I originally had with the product. The dealer has corrected the problem and the new product is much better and exactly what I was expecting!! Great Customer Service! Would happily do business with this dealer again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Backdrop!, October 23, 2014
The backdrop came in the brown box. It was square and when I opened the box I thought the backdrop was a little thin for a quality backdrop. I opened it up and took one glance and new it was going to be a horrible quality backdrop. It looked thin and see through so I tossed it aside for later. Later on, I thought to myself I wonder how big it really is so I took it out of the box and noticed that what I was examining inside the box was not the backdrop! I was so surprised! It was a carrying case for the backdrop! It also came with a key chain and a small cloth of some sort. When I took the backdrop out of the protective bag I was surprised at how sturdy it was and the quality of the backdrop. It is very wrinkled when you get it out of the box but that is to be expected from being folded. I still used it with out ironing or steaming just to see how it would look (test photos). The black does show dirt really easy and lint likes to cling to it. I’m not sure how you’d go about cleaning this backdrop? There is no specifications listed on Amazon. The delivery was very fast and got to my house in about 3 days. I’ve very happy with this backdrop – I may end up getting a bigger one of these in the future since I got the smallest size.

3.0 out of 5 stars meh, February 25, 2013
I like the cover that came with it.
Got all the wrinkles out with cold water, weights and clamps.

Was miss stitched on the side.

Had white flecks of paint on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is very decent material for a black backdrop, November 29, 2010
Joseph A. Nowak "Prophotoman" (West of the Mississippi River!) - See all my reviews
I just received this today. When I opened the box, what I first saw disappointed me!! I saw black material with a SHEEN! HOWEVER, upon pulling it out of the shipping box I discovered that what I was looking at was the storage case! Very neat! I pulled the material out and see that it is VERY close to the light absorption you'd get with black velvet... but not exactly the same. STILL, I have no doubts whatsoever that this will fit my needs. I'm taking a mini-studio with me overseas to Asia in a few days, complete with compact 7' light stands, three speedlights, two 45" umbrellas (Photogenic Eclipse), a 42" x 72" and 24" round collapsible reflectors, and this background. After I place all this "stuff" in my 30" upright luggage, I will still have PLENTY enough room for 5 full changes of clothes and most of my personal stuff... My other luggage is a 28" upright and will hold everything else... except for my camera equipment which I will bring on board the aircraft as my carry-on backpack (Think Tank's Airport Antidote 2.o) This background is VERY compact, yet appears to be of high quality material. I'll write a full report on this backdrop as soon as I return in January.