4.0 out of 5 stars Great backdrop for the price!
I couldn't have found a better backdrop! It's very long, extra white and I use it all the time. On another note, it was very wrinkled when I purchased it so be prepared to do some major ironing/steaming but other than that it is great. I also purchased a black one that I use as well. I would definitely recommend it to others.
Published on December 12, 2009 by Latoya D. James

3.0 out of 5 stars Short and narrow
Published 21 months ago by Photogmike

4.0 out of 5 stars Great backdrop for the price!, December 12, 2009
This review is from: Prism Backdrops 10X20' White Muslin Photo Video Backdrop Background (Electronics)

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit wrinkly to use, yes, but with some careful work it can be wrinkle free and make great a background, August 27, 2011
As others have stated, this backdrop does tend to get pretty wrinkly, I will admit.

When it came in packaged I decided to wash it - probably shouldn't have done that, because once it finished and I dried it in the dryer, boy was that thing more wrinkled than ever!

I had to use a steamer to get wrinkles out, but even then the wrinkles still stayed in a little bit until I held the cloth with some muslin clips. Then the wrinkles practically disappeared.

This backdrop however, does indeed turn a pure white when properly exposed. You'll most likely need to have at least a 2 light setup, with the backlight 2 stops higher in order to flush out the background, but it is possible.

Even when I was using an AlienBees B800 with a 64" Plm Extreme Silver with Diffusion Fabric, I was able to flush out the background and still manage to keep my subject well lit.

Yes, the initial wrinkles of the fabric does take time to remove, but for 34 dollars it's not exactly gaberdine.

As far as see through goes, I've uploaded a couple pictures to show that the fabric is not really see through. My definition of see through is that if I can clearly see someone moving in the back and it shows in the picture, it's not usable. Yes, if you have a light in the back, say, a lamp light or ceiling light, it will show through, however when you take a picture with a strobe, it does not affect the picture at all.

Tips for removing the wrinkles:
Iron it
Steam it
Wash it then hang it out to dry
When placing it on the backdrop, use clamps to keep it taut on the pole. You would probably need 3 at most (1 on each of the ends and one in the middle) to keep it up, and 2 if you only have 2.

Finding a wrinkle free fabric this size is a bit hard, but for this price I had already expected this, so I give it a 4 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Short and narrow, May 10, 2013
Though I am a commercial photographer, I purchased this item in a pinch to get wide muslin for a theater application. Luckily the piece I needed was 9x14', because this 10'x20' backdrop actually measures 9'x18'. Now I might never have known the difference if I had purchased this as a backdrop. Fact of the matter is you will be shorted 38 sq ft if you purchase this. I would not have cared if some where in the description it said "actual size is 9x18'. The material was of high quality and softer than most muslin and worked very well for my application.

5.0 out of 5 stars SimoneJones, March 30, 2010
I was very pleased when I received this item....
It was very large, and I felt secure in the material.
It also comes with a loop at the end so that you can
easily put it on your backdrop stand. Very convenient...THANKS!

5.0 out of 5 stars White Background, December 15, 2010
The 10x20 Prism background is just the right size for full body, studio lighting shots. I do all my photography on-location so I have to transport it to my shoots. The bag it comes with is very handy for that.

4.0 out of 5 stars good quality backdrop, reasonable price, April 6, 2010
Peter E. Safir (charlotte, NC United States) - See all my reviews
I needed a black and a white large backdrop for portrait photography assignment. These were fine but unfortunately they sent me two black with expedited shipping. after a couple of phone calls they sent the white backdrop and asked me to return the black and refunded the expedited shipping charges. a reasonable conclusion. the backdrops are good quality, large 10x20' and reasonably priced

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect product and good price, March 26, 2010
R. MAHAN (New York, USA) - See all my reviews
These backdrops are just the right size for working both in and out of the studio. The prices are quite reasonable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Big & Cheap at cost of having to manage wrinkles, August 6, 2014
Rx (Cincinnati, OH) - See all my reviews
Its a big huge white backdrop. Depending on how you pack this, actually probably almost no matter how you pack it unless you roll it, and probably even then, it will have wrinkles when you hang it. You can get these out to some effect with a steamer.
What you're buying is a huge, cheap white fabric backdrop. If you can keep it constantly hanging you can probably de-wrinkle it somewhat and it won't be much of a problem. If you want something portable that you can pop up quickly with no wrinkles this probably wont be ideal.

Edit: I've decided to upgrade my review from 3 stars to 4 stars as a result of the companies quick response to my review. I consider good customer support to be a significant factor in any major purchase, and while you may not need it most times, that one time you do it can be very frustrating to get poor service. I'm still reserving a full 5 stars because wrinkles are still a bit of a problem with it but for the price this is still a very good buy. Particularly if you're setup allows you to mitigate wrinkles through either lighting and or depth of field

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the advertised size, December 21, 2013
Advertised as 10' x 20' and they all [ 6 ] measured 9'4" x 17'-9" not 10' x 20'
What a RIP OFF

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Bang for your buck, but not much endurance, May 25, 2014
I own a 5 separate Prism backdrops, You cant beat them for the cost, very inexpensive.
My only critique is that the fabric is very thin, so you occasionally get reflections or light leaks from behind the backdrop.

If mounting on a chrome c-stand you can see the stands through the fabric once it is lit.
Still can't beat them for the price. You can always fold it in half, a 10x10' at this price would still be a bargain.