Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:$19.99

As the third season of Prison Break begins, Michael Scofield (Wentworth Miller) finds himself back in prison, only this time it's a down and dirty prison in Panama ruled by the tyrannical Lechero (The Wire's Robert Wisdom). Also sharing space with Michael are T-Bag (Robert Knepper), Bellick (Wade Williams), and Mahone (William Fichtner); while Linc (Dominic Purcell) works on the outside to get his brother free at any cost, with the assistance of a mysterious associate (Jodi Lyn O'Keefe) who has her own agenda. The third season of Prison Break manages to provide pretty much the same kinds of action, suspense, drama, and twists that fans of the series would come to expect by now; which adds up to this season being a success. However, falling victim to the writer's strike, the third season of Prison Break ends up feeling rushed and somewhat incomplete. At only 13 episodes, this is something to be expected, but it still comes off as noticeable nonetheless. Flaws aside, this is still great TV to be seen, and everyone in it is in fine form as well. All in all, the third season of Prison Break while flawed, is still enjoyable, and sets the stage for even bigger developments to follow.
If you are into brutal action, seat-of-your-pants suspense, unexpected twists and turns every 5 or 10 minutes, get this set, block a couple of weekend nights and watch it. My wife and I couldn't stop watching. In fact, we gobbled up all 13 episodes over 2 nights and, when it was all over, we felt like we wanted more.

Michael is a different man in Season 3. Now, he is physically exhausted and emotionally drained, not sick but definitely tired. In Season 1, he generally knew what and whom he was facing; it was he who decided who were his friends, his allies, his enemies. He had studied their biographies and he was totally familiar with the environment and he knew exactly what to expect. He had a well-thought plan and he was implementing it. In 'Season 2' he was still following the plan but his control was slipping. By 'Season 3', he has to live with the consequences of his actions - people have died, people got hurt and more are dying and are getting hurt as the tale is told - and he is trying to make sense of his immediate environment (the prison) and those who are pulling the strings and seem to be in control (the Company). We see him tired, desperate, remorseful, doubting himself, sometimes unable or simply refusing to make sense of it all and yet hopeful, seeking some balance between the brutal world in which he has to survive and his desperate struggle to preserve his humanity.

This is the most testosterone-oozing, adrenalin-laced, action-packed TV show - and I could include 'movie' - I've seen in a long time and, possibly of all times. Think 'The Dirty Dozen' or 'The Great Escape' on steroids and uninhibited.

I am not going to give away any spoilers but, if you are going to watch this set, be prepared to for male bonding, explosive violence, brutality (they are not the same), torture (yes, waterboarding too), betrayal, barehanded fights to the death, stabbings, humiliation, sewer-level filth, desperation, blackmail, blood, mud, sweat, deception, mystery, misery, beheadings, execution-style killings, loyalty, fear, starvation, drug addiction, sweat, pain, just to name a few of the included attractions. You are NOT going to see: romantic kisses, bedroom scenes, shower scenes, sensitive metro-sexuals, preaching feminists, starry nights, fast cars, swimming pools or electronic gadgets.

Off the 4 women of this season we have one that's dead, a desperate prostitute, an absolute evil (but super-great looking) gargoyle and a naive but not exactly a shrinking violet, betrayed, girlfriend. I am not trying to even begin to portray 'the men'.

- The pluses - see above.
- The minuses - since we never 'watch TV', we are going to have to wait for one full year before we can lay our hands on 'season four'.

Disclaimer: I watched the Blu-ray release but, for this specific TV series, you should probably be okay with either the DVD or the Blu-ray. We have Seasons 1 and 3 in Blu and Season 2 in DVD. While it is true that the Blu visuals are better, this series is 90% about plot and action and you will be so immersed into it that you'll probably care little about 1080p or HD sound.
on August 15, 2008
The third season of Prison Break was good television but lacked the key element that existed in seasons one and two and that was Michael's connection to the people around him. In season three Michael is again jailed but with characters that neither he, nor the viewer, really care about. In addition, some characters (not those killed off in the second year of the series)are gone due to the actors' contract disputes and/or accepting spots in other series. Finally, the writer's strike left the series with only half a year and although there is some resolution, overall, it felt weak because it was never intended to be the season finale. Will I buy it? Yes, because it builds hopefully to a better fourth season but as a stand-alone year the third season lacks the plotting quality of seasons one and two.
VINE VOICEon August 13, 2008
Prison Break season 3 starts off after what happened at the end of season 2.

Michael is in Sona, one of the hardest, toughest, prisons in the world. He was brought there by "The Company" to break someone else out of prison.

This season shows this from beginning to end.

Sadly, this show was still getting worked on during the writers strike, because of this we only have 13 episodes. But those 13 episodes shine, they shine really bright.

Each episode leaves you at the end dying to know what is going to happen next.

When this season was airing, because of the strike, I was unable to view the season in its entirety due to the schedule being moved around constantly, I was never able to keep track on the last few episodes.

So when I picked this up on blu-ray, I was eagerly awaiting my chance to finish watching this season.

Even though I have previously seen the first few episodes of this season, it did not stop me from being completely engrossed and hooked on each and every episode. I noticed more stuff than I did the first time through when it aired.

This season is brutal, it does not let up. The show looks amazing, the flashbacks especially.

The image is picture sharp, better than season 1, and very sharp throughout. It looks better than most movies, and I would rather watch season 3 of Prison Break than most any movie any day.

The price may seem high, but your getting what would amount to 6 movies, when you look at it that way, it is quite cheap.

This show is much better than most movies, and well worth the time and price. I highly recommend this purchase.

Overall Rating - 5/5 Stars
Video - 5/5
Audio - 5/5
Bonus - 4/5
Story - 5/5
on August 30, 2008
SPOILERS!

Many of the episodes in this season seemed to drag on and on with many foiled plans, rain delays, and other obvious procrastination devices. It made Michael's breakout plan for Sona take a lot longer than it should have.
That said, there are still many suspenseful moments in this season, mostly involving the hostages and of course including the various prisoners and their would-be helpers on the outside. Former guard Bellick had a very rough time of it, while the cunning Teabag found ways to work the system from the inside. Scofield and Link put their collective heads together to formulate constantly-changing maneuvers, while Luchero made things tough for those inside Sona. And then there was the mysterious Whistler, a prisoner who was so valuable to a certain company that they would stop at nothing to get him out alive.
And did Sarah really die? Link thinks so, but what was really in that box? LJ says he heard her die, but he never saw it. This, of course, leaves Michael to go on a mission of his own at the end of the season, trying to get revenge or find out what really happened.
on October 12, 2012
"Prison Break" is the best show ever made. I have all four seasons on DVD and i have Seasons 1 & 3 and "The Final Break" on Blu-ray. Unfortunately Seasons 2 & 4 are not on blu-ray but when they become available on blu-ray I'll be first to order them. Season 3 is extra special because "Jodi Lyn O'Keefe" a.k.a. Gretchen is in it she is amazing beautiful & brilliant. You will also see her in season 4 & The Final Break.
on September 12, 2008
Back to the prison break theme and away from the cheap Fugitive knock-off. Good, creative writing. Lots of non-obvious plot twists. Entertaining. A few quibbles. They're in what is supposedly a prison for the worst of the worst in Panama. But everybody speaks perfect English - the prisoners and the guards. Maybe they have to take a Rosetta Stone course as part of prison intake. Michael's trademark tatoos are covered up all the time. Since they no longer play a part in the plot, I guess they decided to skip the makeup. So Michael is the only person in this tropical climate wearing a long-sleeved shirt all the time and nothing in the story plot explains why. Lastly, as before, this director has just one technique to signal tension in a scene - he has all the actors suddenly start gasping like they just ran a marathon. This director desperately needs a broader pallete. These are minor gripes. This is pretty good and I would recommend buying.
on September 13, 2014
Shorter, yet more exciting than the following season. Prison Break had to live up to it's name... again. It was a great follow up and though some may think it a lazy by saying the writers just wanted to do the same thing over again... yeah... I kind of agree with you. That has to be the only thing to complain about. Since Lincoln is now the free man, his character gets more screen time(development) and he's kind of a jerk. He's under a lot of pressure but as always the main man Michael is his only hope, They did a pretty good job of not getting boring near the middle of the season by giving the good guys a time limit, I nearly forgot that happened. They also made sure the good guys failed, a lot of the time. Overall, the compact nature of the season was a good thing to make sure every episode was exciting and essential. Good Job People.
on June 1, 2016
Very fast delivery and very please with shipping. No damage to product or box. My husband and I love this show and since it's coming back on the air we decided to reward the old show to get back into the groove of it! Can't wait for the new season!
on February 1, 2014
I have enjoyed Prison Break but at the end of this one I felt it was dragging. Seemed repetitive. Plus, some of the characters did really dumb think. For instance, when Linc finds out where his son and Sarah is being kept, he barrels in there all unprepared, and without any help. Stupid not to watch and plan when you son's life was in danger. Made me dislike the character. I like the whole Whistler angle, but it started to really drag.

Spoiler alert:
I hated that they killed off Sarah, and didn't even show her face as she walked away (obviously a contract think and it wasn't the real actress at all), but since I read that she was back in the next, I didn't worry too much about her. I did buy the 4th, but I'm hoping it's better.