Published on May 27, 2009 by AIROLF

1.0 out of 5 stars Can we say...RIPOFF???!!!
Published on July 24, 2009 by DeepFreeze3

4.0 out of 5 stars This is truly for the fans! (but not intended as a stand-alone feature), May 27, 2009
This review is from: Prison Break: The Final Break (DVD)
The previously not shown two hours of the TV show Prison Break were packaged as this film. It's a final hurray for the 4-season long show that started out strong and ran into "creative difficulties" at the end. These two hours fill in a few gaps that the series finale glanced over. This is definitely a movie for the die-hard fans, as there are character reveals and returning characters as well as the regulars acting in a predictable manner. This is not a stand-alone film. Anyone who has not been a fan of the show, even anyone who has skipped most of season 4, will not really understand what is going on in the storyline and why the leads are worth rooting for. My recommendation is to watch the series finale up to the "Four Years Later" sequence, then seeing Prison Break: The Final Break, then returning to the season finale and watching the last few minutes (the montage at the end). The storyline is thus complete and makes more sense as well as provides more canon and insight into the lives and storyline of each characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not season 4, May 16, 2009
This review is from: Prison Break: The Final Break (DVD)
This is a straight to DVD movie of what happened between the 4 years they skipped over on the series finale. It will show Sarah and Michael's wedding, what happened to Gretchen and so forth. This will wrap up any questions and/or loose ends they left us with at the finale.

1.0 out of 5 stars Can we say...RIPOFF???!!!, July 24, 2009
DeepFreeze3 "DP3" (Honolulu, HI - U.S.A.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prison Break: The Final Break (DVD)
This so-called "movie" is nothing more than the last two episodes of Prison Break that never aired in the USA, but did air everywhere else in the world. In a nutshell, FOX thinks fans of the show are stupid enough to let themselves get ripped off and be convinced it isn't disgusting to shell out DVD-Blu-Ray purchase/rental fees just to see something that they should've been able to see...FOR FREE!!! Why buy this when you can find it online and watch it for free???

Don't waste you money on this, folks!!! It is a total & blatent ripoff!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I've Seen It!, May 25, 2009
M. Cannell (Ottawa, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prison Break: The Final Break (DVD)
This is simply amazing. I won't give away any of the plot, but it's definately worth the money. If THIS movie had been made into Season 4 instead of what we'd been given, the show would have been 100 times better than how it ended up. Truly remarkable acting in this, DEFINATELY not to be missed!

3.0 out of 5 stars Essential for Fans, but you feel ripped-off, July 27, 2009
This review is from: Prison Break: The Final Break (DVD)
I LOVED prison break. Quite possibly my favorite show ever. I was incredibly excited to watch the "Final Break."

The "Final Break" itself was fun to watch. It adds a bit more to the series, you get to see some of your favorite characters again (I don't want to spoil all the returns) and it's quite interesting to see the little sister from "A League of Their Own" (it's one of those "is that her? wow" type moments). This is essential for fans, will complete your Prison Break Collection and is worth watching.

My complaint though is I can't help but feel a little ripped off. For almost $15, I essentially get the equivalent of 2 episodes (when full seasons of 20+ episodes can be obatained for under $30-$40) with nearly NO SPECIAL FEATURES. All they give you is a couple weak deleted scenes. It would have been quite interesting to at least hear some commentary, or a featurette as to why this disc was created type-of-deal.

The right thing to do would have been to put this on the season 4 DVD. That would have bolstered season 4 sales and been a nice thank you to the fans. I realize that overall this might yield better profits, but it was the wrong thing to do.

2.0 out of 5 stars The Final Break for a series that was already broken., June 23, 2009
******SPOILERS*********SPOILERS********SPOILERS*******SPOILERS

After watching Prison Break Season 4, I had no desire to watch this 2-hour addition, but I just wanted to complete the circle.

I have read that this was made because the network gave the ok for 2 additional episodes after announcing the show was canceled.

This "sequel" (it covers a short period between the moment the team gives back Scylla and the 4-year anniversary of Michael's death), shows how Michael breaks Sarah out of a woman's prison.

If we just consider that the whole team was given full immunity for getting Scylla back, this edition is utterly absurd and an insult to the show's fans.

I gave it 2 stars because the actors continue to give strong performances, because it is more in line with the fast pace rhythm of Seasons 1-3, and because it tried to give some solace to the many fans who were devastated by Michael's death; by showing that he died honorably, of his own choice, by sacrificing his life for Sarah's freedom.

I am one of those fans who was very upset with the fact that Michael was killed off in Season 4, but I can accept that sometimes there are creative decisions that fans may not agree with.

If Season 4, including this Final Break would have been intelligent, not so full of inconsistencies and ridiculous story lines; I would be more willing to accept Michael's death. I think many fans are disgusted because to add insult to injury, the writers gave us an unrecognizable Prison Break in Season 4 (see my review); and a 2-hour sales pitch to the network for doing a show on a woman's prison, with this Final Break segment.

I feel cheated by the writers, not because they didn't give me a happy ending, but because they gave me a stupid one in this Final Break and Season 4 fiascos, after creating one of the best shows of television history.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Prison Break episodes yet..., June 12, 2009
This review is from: Prison Break: The Final Break (DVD)
Just finished watching this, and it is by far the best PB episodes ever. It ties everything up and leaves nothing undone. This happens right before the 4 year time gap at the end. Prison Break fans MUST see this.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was blown away!, May 27, 2009
Rebel Davis (Fayetteville, AR) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Prison Break: The Final Break (DVD)
I just finished watching this for the first time about five minutes ago and I still have tears in my eyes. This movie was wonderful and a must-see for any true Prison Break fan. It did a great job of tying up loose ends and filling in the gaps of what happened in the finale. I know a lot of people were unhappy about the finale but I think that this movie offers the closure that we were all needing.

A fitting end to a fantastic series.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best Prison Break has to offer, June 16, 2009
This review is from: Prison Break: The Final Break (DVD)
I watched this and wasn't impressed by it. It seemed like this would have been a decent idea for a 5th season, but since the show was cancelled they decided to cram the whole story into an hour and a half. It seemed very rushed considering the whole first season was him breaking out of prison, and in this dvd he breaks Sara out in an hour and a half. I would recommend seeing it if you're a big Prison Break fan because you have to see how the story ends. If you're not a huge fan definitely don't get this. Invest in the first two seasons, they are definitely worth it. The whole plot wasn't well thought out. They never explained why Sara was sent to prison even though she was exonerated in the series finale, and the subplot with the "family" was really dumb.

I also don't agree with them not adding this to the season 4 dvd, but that's a different story.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great finish to a great series!!!, June 8, 2009
This review is from: Prison Break: The Final Break (DVD)
I have just finished watching PRISON BREAK: THE FINAL BREAK online....all I can say....it's amazing!!! The writers did a very good job tying loose ends. Great finish to a great series!!!

First off, I know many fans of the show did not like the end of season 4. I, myself, thought it was a great ending....however, I still felt like something was still missing....Michael's death went too fast, unexplained. Well, this movie does indeed make a much better ending to the series than the end of the 4th season did.

The subject of Michaels death leaves me to my next point. The end of the 4th season finale makes you to believe Michael was sentence to death by health reasons. Although this does play out a little in the movie, the whole idea of Michael's death is blow away in a totally different aspect....which the writers have successfully proved Michael's character of "sacrificing himself to help others in his life" throughout the whole series. Kuddo's to the writers!!! And I know, fans wanted more of a "happy ending", but at the end of this movie, despite Michael's demise, it really is a happy ending because it is what the central character wanted....Michaels decision alone....which stayed true to his character throughout the series. Like someone else mentioned earlier...the movie is similar to a Shakespearan type novel....like a Romeo & Juliet feeling to the story.

Also I would like to point out, that if you are a fan of the 1st season (the best season, in my opinion), this movie has a very close resemblance to the first season. It is VERY ACTION PACKED, and has that same intense feeling you got when watching the 1st season. Very enjoyable!!! In fact the action is so ongoing....I didn't think the movie would have a satisfying finish....but it does.

Another last note....the movie also reveals the question "What ever happen to Gretchen?". Which was nice to see that they tied her character's story line better than they did in the 4th season. She was always a favorite character of mine.

All and all, I highly recommend this movie!! It definitely ties the loose ends that the 4th Season finale left us...with a better explanation to Michael's demise. Prison Break: The Final Break, has a much more satisfying ending!!! Mainly due to the fact that the central character (Michael) remained true to himself thru out the entire series. Michael was in control of his decisions, no matter what sacrifice he had to do.....making the ultimate sacrifice to the end of this great series. If this was novel, it would be considered, imo, a GREAT BOOK!!!

Prison Break: The Final Break
Prison Break: The Final Break by Dominic Purcell (DVD - 2009)
$26.98 $14.35