Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

VINE VOICEon May 27, 2009
The previously not shown two hours of the TV show Prison Break were packaged as this film. It's a final hurray for the 4-season long show that started out strong and ran into "creative difficulties" at the end. These two hours fill in a few gaps that the series finale glanced over. This is definitely a movie for the die-hard fans, as there are character reveals and returning characters as well as the regulars acting in a predictable manner. This is not a stand-alone film. Anyone who has not been a fan of the show, even anyone who has skipped most of season 4, will not really understand what is going on in the storyline and why the leads are worth rooting for. My recommendation is to watch the series finale up to the "Four Years Later" sequence, then seeing Prison Break: The Final Break, then returning to the season finale and watching the last few minutes (the montage at the end). The storyline is thus complete and makes more sense as well as provides more canon and insight into the lives and storyline of each characters.
44 comments| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2009
This is a straight to DVD movie of what happened between the 4 years they skipped over on the series finale. It will show Sarah and Michael's wedding, what happened to Gretchen and so forth. This will wrap up any questions and/or loose ends they left us with at the finale.
55 comments| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 23, 2009
******SPOILERS*********SPOILERS********SPOILERS*******SPOILERS

After watching Prison Break Season 4, I had no desire to watch this 2-hour addition, but I just wanted to complete the circle.

I have read that this was made because the network gave the ok for 2 additional episodes after announcing the show was canceled.

This "sequel" (it covers a short period between the moment the team gives back Scylla and the 4-year anniversary of Michael's death), shows how Michael breaks Sarah out of a woman's prison.

If we just consider that the whole team was given full immunity for getting Scylla back, this edition is utterly absurd and an insult to the show's fans.

I gave it 2 stars because the actors continue to give strong performances, because it is more in line with the fast pace rhythm of Seasons 1-3, and because it tried to give some solace to the many fans who were devastated by Michael's death; by showing that he died honorably, of his own choice, by sacrificing his life for Sarah's freedom.

I am one of those fans who was very upset with the fact that Michael was killed off in Season 4, but I can accept that sometimes there are creative decisions that fans may not agree with.

If Season 4, including this Final Break would have been intelligent, not so full of inconsistencies and ridiculous story lines; I would be more willing to accept Michael's death. I think many fans are disgusted because to add insult to injury, the writers gave us an unrecognizable Prison Break in Season 4 (see my review); and a 2-hour sales pitch to the network for doing a show on a woman's prison, with this Final Break segment.

I feel cheated by the writers, not because they didn't give me a happy ending, but because they gave me a stupid one in this Final Break and Season 4 fiascos, after creating one of the best shows of television history.
on May 25, 2009
This is simply amazing. I won't give away any of the plot, but it's definately worth the money. If THIS movie had been made into Season 4 instead of what we'd been given, the show would have been 100 times better than how it ended up. Truly remarkable acting in this, DEFINATELY not to be missed!
on July 24, 2009
This so-called "movie" is nothing more than the last two episodes of Prison Break that never aired in the USA, but did air everywhere else in the world. In a nutshell, FOX thinks fans of the show are stupid enough to let themselves get ripped off and be convinced it isn't disgusting to shell out DVD-Blu-Ray purchase/rental fees just to see something that they should've been able to see...FOR FREE!!! Why buy this when you can find it online and watch it for free???

Don't waste you money on this, folks!!! It is a total & blatent ripoff!!!
44 comments| 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2013
I watched to original series when it was on TV, and I loved the show, but I was disappointed with the way it ended. We didn't know what really happened.

This is a good movie and it ties some loose ends for those of us that watched the show. DEFINITELY worth watching!
on May 21, 2016
This is a super fantastic great product at a great price. I'm very happy with it and glad I made the purchase. You will be too, so don't wait until they are all gone. Trust me, if I didn't like it, I wouldn't say that I did. I like it a lot.
on June 12, 2009
Just finished watching this, and it is by far the best PB episodes ever. It ties everything up and leaves nothing undone. This happens right before the 4 year time gap at the end. Prison Break fans MUST see this.
on February 26, 2013
Prison Break was one of my favorite TV Series. I hated to see it go off the air, but I was able to purchase the complete series, but Season six do not have the complete ending . The ending part of season six was cut out so that we have to buy this DVD - The Final Break. It is well worth it.
on December 21, 2014
I'm sorry I bought this. If you watched Prison Break on Netflix, you already saw this in Episode 23. Waste of time and money. The deleted scenes? There were only 2 and they were right in deleting them. I loved Prison Break and was sorry to see it end. They make this DVD out to be something more than it is.