Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

Format: DVDChange

on June 15, 2012
Most shows (Grey's Anatomy included) become a little stale after each season but PP becomes more interesting each season. After an almost perfect fourth season, PP's fifth season was flawless besides a thing or two (HINT: AddiSam). With rumors that the next 13 episode season will be the last, Shonda needs to give characters some closure.
Addison continued her struggle between the men in her life. Her heart and head are never in the same place. She keeps giving Sam a chance but the viewers, myself included just don't feel it. Sam and Addison don't want the same things. Addison's journey to have a baby was beautiful and she finally got what she wanted. She should choose Jake and be happy with him and baby Henry.
Sam should just leave the practice and find happiness elsewhere. His character has become irritating. His story arc with his bipolar sister was excellently written and acted but the finale once again made me dislike Sam.
Pete & Violet: OH MY GOD! They made Pete annoying, the viewer is turned off by him every time he argues with Violet. Violet, too has not done anything worth mentioning this season besides hooking up with a paramedic. Now that Tim Daly has been fired from the show, hopefully Violet divorces Pete and just concentrates on raising Lucas.
Sheldon once again was hugely underused, Brian Benben is a terrific actor. Hopefully he is well used next season. A hookup with Amelia would not hurt.
Amelia was the star this season. Her story arcs were beautifully heartbreaking this season. From her drug addiction to her donating her brainless baby's organs, she was a rockstar. Caterina Scorsone deserves an Emmy!
CharCoop: The most loveable characters on the show. As opposite of what I initially thought, I grew to love Erica and Mason as characters. Shonda really knows how play with heart strings. Erica's death brought me to tears. Mason is a great addition to the show. Charlotte has grown so much, I just love her. Here's hoping for a CharCoop baby next season.
Jake's back story, the dead drug addict wife was nice and his chemistry with Addie is hot.
CharCoop (Mason/Erica), Amelia's addiction and Addison's baby hunt were the the primary focus of this season and thank God for that.
If the next season is really the last, I hope Naomi returns for a few episodes.
22 comments11 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 5, 2012
I didn't start watching Private Practice until this year after I did a marathon of Grey's Anatomy and decided I liked Kate Walsh. This show's cast of characters is very likable and the show is well written. Easy and fun watch, can't wait for Season 6.
on March 1, 2013
For anyone that watched the first couple of seasons of Private Practice and thought maybe the story lines wern't as strong! as the who was sleepig with who stories! Well let me assure you that the show has just got BETTER and better with each series!! The story lines are amazing and the acting if FANTASTIC!! For me it has so much more to offer than some of the other top rating drama's on TV. The story line between Charlette & Cooper is the best I have ever seen on a show. They have gone from what you might say was a shallow beginning to a REAL love story!! To the writers of the show PLEASE don't split them up in furure series, it is nice to see that couples do overcome what ever is thrown up at them, and yet still love & support each other.
YEP do yourself a favor and BUY all the series and go on this remarkable journey with the amazing cast of Private Practice!!
Highly Recommend!!!!!!!!!!
on March 9, 2013
If you're a fan of previous seasons of Private Practice, you know what you're in for... more of the zany-ness that is this group of Doctor's, they fight other people and each other, love and loss, heartache and break-up.

****Slight spoiler****
I really enjoyed Amelia's storyline this year as they brought her character more into focus and her problem(s) with addiction. Her story-line was a real tear-jerker.

There were a lot of rules and laws broken this season by the different doctors, which was heartbreaking as a lot of them were questioning their own morality and the decisions they had to make was between doing what the law said is 'right' and what your heart says is 'right'.

If you like the show, this is a definite see!!
on October 14, 2012
I think I watched most of the first series but very little since.

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality and depth of relationships that has evolved. Addison (Kate Walsh) is particularly appealing in her struggles in her personal life whilst carrying on her demanding medical career. Benjamin Bratt's introduction into the series really added to it. Great seeing him play this more serious role.

Most of the other characters and their intermingled profession/personal lives are all very watchable and believable.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and will look out for the next season.
on October 3, 2014
Private Practice is great. I hate Addison role with love because she is top of her game in her profession and she deserves a well put together love life. I also hate Taye Diggs role. He never know what he wants and to put Addison in the middle of his indecisiveness was cruel. She deserve more and Taye Diggs needs a better role. No wonder his wife divorce him to never return. Great Physicians deserve outstanding love encounters. We need to see love that works That's my opinion ok......
on September 8, 2012
It is impossible not to fall in love with Dr. Addison. I loved her from when she was first on Greys Anatomy. Private Practice is hilarious and heart warming. I cant wait until next season because i am totally crazy about seasons one thru five already! I want more Addison please!
on July 18, 2013
Every single episode of Private Practice was absolutely captivating for me. I couldn't go anywhere but to my TV to watch each one. This is one of the most realistic medical shows I've seen. The graphics, the story lines, etc. I'm amazed at the intimate relationships among the staff but that put the spice it the segments.
on February 18, 2013
I love this show, but missed a couple of seasons. Amazon Prome allows me to watch it anytime and the quality of the streaming is as if I am watching straight from the network the same night it actually aired - no constant streaming interruptions. I love it.
on July 2, 2013
I enjoy the characters of Private Practice. And characters they are. Two psychiatrists who desperately need psychiatric care. Cardio-thoracic surgeon is so stiff that if he bent, he would break. As I said, great characters. I really enjoy it.