5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with purchase
I have bought very expensive set of pencils that I do not like the way they 'feel' when I draw across paper, but these are smooth and comfortable I will be getting another set when I need them and I do not have to spend 20.00 or more on pencils or others I do not like.

Published on April 26, 2011 by Michelle

3.0 out of 5 stars Depends on who is doing the drawing.
Published 20 months ago by Richard Vidaurri

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with purchase, April 26, 2011
Michelle "Michelle Huss" (LEMON GROVE, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pro Art 18-Piece Sketch/Draw Pencil Set (Kitchen)

For those who do not know about drawing pencils. There are different numbers and letters at the bottom of the pencils. I use the 2H for light sketching and to draw from the object to the vanishing point because the pencil is light on the paper and it erases easy. Then When I want to darken the lines I use the 2B which is the lightest of the B's for shading I use all the B's which are dark and for the darkest shadows I use 6B which gives the darkest shadow and good for stippling, (dots close together for dark shadowing and further apart for lighter shadowing).

I hope this makes sense for you. I am awful at explaining things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Set for begginners, January 3, 2007
Peter Brogan "Pete" (East Windsor, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pro Art 18-Piece Sketch/Draw Pencil Set (Kitchen)
This set is perfect for begginners. I purchased mine and received it very quickly in order to complete a portfolio before my deadline. The set contained everything I needed for my drawings in graphite and charcoal.

The speed of delivery was exceptional and everything was in perfect condition when it arrived. The price was also very good. I would buy this again when I need to replace my old set.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set, December 30, 2009
This review is from: Pro Art 18-Piece Sketch/Draw Pencil Set (Kitchen)
I got this set for my nephew and was shocked at how professional all of the pieces were. I would definitely reorder this to replace the pieces, or for another gift for an artist - budding or real.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, HOWEVER, May 4, 2012
This review is from: Pro Art 18-Piece Sketch/Draw Pencil Set (Kitchen)
These are a GREAT set of pencils they all come in different types of sizes, some harder, softer, darker, smother, its awesome! Its the best set and when I shop for pencils these are the ONLY ones I order. However, the only problem with this is the sharpener. The sharpener works well in the beginning but after many times of using it, part of the sharpener cracks and it doesn't sharpen well and ruins all the pencils. This happened to me TWICE now after buying two sets of this. So buy yourself a solid metal/steel sharpener that isn't plastic. It would last you and it won't eat up your pencils.

5.0 out of 5 stars Came before estimated, perfect sketching set., January 7, 2011
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Pro Art 18-Piece Sketch/Draw Pencil Set (Kitchen)
Okay, so I ordered this kit on 1/4/11. I didn't expect it to be here in 2 days, because Amazon told me 4 days. It arrived at my doorstep in 2 days. No more. I opened it up, and was very excited about it. It had everything it said on the page, and it was just PERFECT for me. I immediately opened it up, and started drawing. I drew the best drawing of a Lamborghini that I had ever done, thanks to this kit. The kneaded eraser was perfect, although it us used up very fast (At least for me.) So that is my review, and if you are considering buying this, BUY IT. You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT!!!!!, February 11, 2012
This review is from: Pro Art 18-Piece Sketch/Draw Pencil Set (Kitchen)
I received the package in just a days time!! :DD i came home from school
and tore the package open. It was like an animation, in which everything stops
and goes slowmo with the sparkles..
There was this review i read that said " when you open it, be prepared for graphite" or something
along those lines, but there wasnt any charcoal or graphite smudges anywhere on
my package.
I just frequently used the set, and i'd have to say, that i REALLY LOVE THE KNEADED ERASER.
it's the best one i've ever had!
This whole set is great for a beginner or anyone who draws, i would recommend it to a friend
and i would buy it again!

THANKS SO MUCH!

3.0 out of 5 stars Depends on who is doing the drawing., August 9, 2012
This review is from: Pro Art 18-Piece Sketch/Draw Pencil Set (Kitchen)
I rated this set Three Stars because I had to rate it something, but whether it is One Star or Five is really going to depend on who you are. If, for instance you are an artist or an art student at any level this is not for you. The pencils are cheaply made and the points break too easily for heavy use. If, one the other hand, you're purchasing this set for your school-age child it is just about perfect. It has a good range of the most popular values of graphite pencil and it will also be helpful that you won't have to shop separately for charcoal, sharpeners and erasers. It is also a good value at $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars ProArt is Pro bono for artists, November 5, 2010
G. Blake (Summit Hill, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pro Art 18-Piece Sketch/Draw Pencil Set (Kitchen)
The sketch set goes well with the book on sketching. Am learning a lot. Good choice for a beginner like myself. Would recommend it to anyone, beginner or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow love to draw I recommend this!!!!!!, May 14, 2011
This review is from: Pro Art 18-Piece Sketch/Draw Pencil Set (Kitchen)
Wow!!! Ive had this product since 2010 and its still doing its job!!! I totally recommed this product for people who love to draw without the need of wasting too much money! For me I love drawing anime characters so getting these made me apreciate the work of anime artist everywhere even more!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, February 5, 2011
This review is from: Pro Art 18-Piece Sketch/Draw Pencil Set (Kitchen)
This is exactly what I was looking for. You'll get every type of pencil here. starting from 2h to 6B. extra benefit is you'll get eraser and sharpener ,plus charcoals. It's not only for beginners , proffesional can use it. I'll highly recommend this product.

ARRAY(0xa9e14c9c)