5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend, value for price
Published on March 2, 2012 by Frankie

3.0 out of 5 stars A good tough one-season hip boot
A good tough one-season hip boot, although somewhat heavy. This is my third pair from this manufacturer but none of them lasted past the first year. The rubber is not of good quality cracking and rotting even though stored properly. So, this is an annual investment and the price is right for this purpose.
Published 6 months ago by richaard bell

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend, value for price, March 2, 2012
This review is from: Pro Line Men's Rubber Hip Waders (Apparel)
Since there are relatively few reviews on waders generally or this brand/model in particular, I'll chime in early and hope to update this later. OK, I've only tried these on at home, no wading experience yet as it is dead of winter where I am at. I'm getting ready for some wading this spring (say, June!). A couple observations from research and then about these waders in particular:

Shop around, you might find a lower price. (I got my pair for less than forty-two bucks delivered.) Be aware that as of today, on Amazon there is one vendor selling these at a similar lower price but for some reason each size boot is a separate listing page (unlike the page where I am writing this review, which currently offers several sizes, but at higher prices).

Also note there are 2 styles or models of this boot...one with a felt sole and one with a rubber cleated sole. I ordered the rubber cleat sole. Felt is apparently good for a grip on slippery rocks, while cleats are better in mud (and I'm guessing the cleat sole is more durable). It's not always clear (to me) from vendor listings who is selling which kind but if you are in doubt ask the vendor.

I bought size 9 as I wear size 9 (also I have a slightly wide foot) and found these a near-perfect fit, very slightly loose with cotton socks on (other online reviews report some brands' wading boots run smaller than stated size). With wool or thicker socks they should be a great fit. I have somewhat thick thighs and calves, and had no trouble at all getting into these boots, nor getting them off (again, some brands are apparently too restrictive in the calf, say reviewers). I have somewhat shorter legs (I'm 5' 9") but these only bunch up a little on me in the thigh, no problem. The quality seems very good, nothing sloppy about the construction, and they came in a plastic bag inside the factory box, so well packaged. 2 small negatives: There seems to be very little arch support, I wouldn't hike Mt. Rainier in these things, but they aren't bad. Could try a gel insert perhaps. Also there is a noticeable rubber smell as they come out of the factory box but hey, they're made out of rubber and I'm sure it'll diminish. There is another brand of wader out there which reviewers say smells like gasoline, and this is nothing like that, IMO.

If you can get them for under $50. these waders seem to me like a good compromise of quality and price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pro-Line Waders, September 10, 2008
Great pair of waders. Sturdy design, heavy belt straps with a reinforced kneepad. Comfortable and well fitting. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, September 23, 2011
I bought these to work in a pond in my yard which has silted over, these heavy duty waders fit the task, they are heavy duty, not necessarly easy to get around in, but a good value for money, pretty straightforward.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pro Line Waders, August 20, 2012
This review is from: Pro Line Men's Rubber Hip Waders (Apparel)
I picked these waders up at Dick's Sporting Goods last night. I tried them on in the store, and while I usually where a size 10 tennis shoe, the size 9 wader fit me very snug and comfortably. I haven't taken them up to the Blue Ridge yet, but will be this weekend, and I could really see them being useful for long hikes up the rivers I fish. I also purchased them for yard work and other outdoor activities and wore them for about 1 hour when I arrived home, taking the dogs for a walk and doing some light yard work. Overall very nice fit and very comfortable, these waders are also heavy duty and seem like they could last a long time.

3.0 out of 5 stars A good tough one-season hip boot, August 26, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Good boot- Just seems a little smaller than what I normally wear, October 18, 2013
Dee (Utah, USA) - See all my reviews
The boot itself seemed to be what I needed. However,I was saddened by the fact that I could not return the ones purchased for a larger size without first sending in a return,and then having to wait for the refund ,and then having to repurchase the desired size. I would have liked being able to return the item and just have the larger size reshipped after they received these.
Waiting for a refund might make my decision to purchase somewhere else a probability.
These seemed to run a little small from the size I normally wear.

5.0 out of 5 stars They work great!, December 9, 2014
Had some trouble finding waders that would fit my calves in all the local stores and chains. Seems like the standard leg size is thin to chicken leg these days. Any case, these slipped on nicely, and performed very well as I wandered around for the day in 35 degree water at Sandy Creek, NY. For no studs or felt, traction was decent.

These are not insulated, nor did I expect them to be. A thin pair of wool socks was all that was needed to keep the feet warm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots, October 8, 2012
This review is from: Pro Line Men's Rubber Hip Waders (Apparel)
These hip boots are great. They are made of High quality and unlike most pairs of boots, they size correctly. I normally wear a size 12 and these were the only boots that I've ever found that I also wear a size 12 in. Great product and they shipped extremely fast!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality tall wading boots for the price..., March 9, 2012
This review is from: Pro Line Men's Rubber Hip Waders (Apparel)
These are great wading boots for the price. They are very good quality boots so far and fairly comfortable. These are the tallest boots that you can get before getting into boot coveralls. Very happy with this purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars stress test, November 30, 2013
This review is from: Pro Line Men's Rubber Hip Waders (Apparel)
In normal clean n clear river condition, these waders r the ones to buy. I bought mine for the use in the trap line which has many potenal hazzards to be wary of. Knowing waders r made of rubber n not indestuctable i would have to do my part by slowing down and watching where i step. Long story short, a broken tree limb i came into contact with went through right above the ankle part of wader. Now i admit i walked into the branch, however i was taking my time, walking slow so any debris i came into contact with didnt hit waders with full force. I was disapponteded the waders puntured so easily. Especially the boot part knowing that part of the wader is going to have contact with some elements. So wut needs to change? The boot part of the waders need to be a thicker ply of rubber! How thick? However thick a standard adult chore rain boot thickness is.. They take the beating of sharp rocks,pointed sticks, and so on... I say to you proline...... u have a well known name, ur products r reasonablely priced for the quility, however i think u know the boot part of the wader needs to be replaced so its capable of induring the stress it will see from time to time, like the occasional hidden stick. Hopefully this review is an eye opener for proline and to the good people looking to spend there hard earned money on a products fair and true. this is rosol signing off saying.... tell it how u see it....

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›