Pro Puppet, Second Edition, now updated for Puppet 3, is an in-depth guide to installing, using, and developing the popular configuration management tool Puppet.
Puppet provides a way to automate everything from user management to server configuration. You'll learn how Puppet has changed in the latest version, how to use it on a variety of platforms, including Windows, how to work with Puppet modules, and how to use Hiera.
Puppet is a must-have tool for system administrators, and Pro Puppet will teach you how to maximize its capabilities and customize it for your environment.
Install and configure Puppet to immediately start automating tasks and create reporting solutions
Learn insider tricks and techniques to better manage your infrastructure
Become a Puppet expert!
What youll learn
- How to use Puppet to administer Linux, Unix, and Windows systems
- Best practices for at-scale deployment
- How to write reusable puppet modules for yourself and for the community
- How to use numerous tools around Puppet such as rspec-puppet, Geppetto, and PuppetDB
- Advanced Puppet Features such as Hiera and Mcollective
Who this book is for
System administrators who need to quickly get into the details of configuration management with Puppet. You don't need previous Puppet experience, but it will help if you've had some experience with configuration management.
For errata to this book, please visit the authors' error github at: https://github.com/pro-puppet/pro-puppet-errata