Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Gear Up for Football Baby Sale

on August 6, 2010
Recently purchased this generator, and took it boondocking for a week, up in Routt National Forest, Colorado. The generator ran fine and was very quiet. The only two problems I experienced with it was the rubber seal inside of the gas cap, and the spark arrestor on the muffler exhaust. The rubber seal disintegrates when it is contacted with gas. Kind of a problem when it's in a gas cap. Maybe they should use cork. The spark arrestor on the tip of the muffler exhaust has approximately 12 layers of metal screen mesh inside of it. This prevents the generator from properly breathing, when there is a 1/4 inch of carbon built up on this screen mesh. My fixes were to remove the rubber gasket from the gas cap, and I removed the muffler exhaust tip with the mesh in it. I intend on putting a different gasket in the gas cap, and am going to extend the muffler tip out from the plastic housing and turn it upwards. Other than these two minor problems, I would have given 5 stars.
on June 17, 2011
After reading reviews on this product going all the way back to early 2007 and seeing the constant improvements made, we decided to take a chance figuring that by now most of the bugs were worked out. They pretty much were. We had one of the snap connectors inside come loose during shipping. That's why it didn't start at first. Check EVERY wire connection inside first if you have any problems. We clicked it together and the generator has been running perfectly ever since. It runs our 15K BTU A/C on our camper without a flinch. Frankly I just can't get over how quiet it is. We put the gen under our slide out on our camper right beside the door and inside with the A/C running you absolutely can not hear it at all. Overall, we have just been VERY pleased. This generator has done everything it said it would and at a price of about 1/2 the comparable Honda or Yamaha.
on June 4, 2011
I owned this generator for one year now. It is very reliable and works very well. I can start it daily in a few seconds. It is quiet and fairly lightweight. The quality is very good. I use it to power by 28' travel trailer. It can power by 13,500 BTU Carrier AC without any problem. All in all, a great value for a generator and great design. The quality rival that of the Honda.
on March 2, 2012
After a lot of research and a broken back lifting my Honda EU3000is into my truck I decided to sell it and made almost all my money back from what I bought it for ($1,900) I ordered a new Boliy Pro3600Si without the electric start for $990 from California.

Don't get me wrong Honda is a super generator but a little over priced and the dry weight of 143 lbs really was a killer.
The newer Boliy is better than when they were when they started about 5 years ago.
The new ones have most of the bugs worked out from the past like the leaking plastic gas cap and tank. The engine and electronics have very little failures as I have read probably 100's of post and no one had to get engines or major electronic components replaces. It has a 2 year parts and labor warranty but you have to get it to the place you bought it from.
Now I bought the one without the electric start because I will not be using it regularly so I figure I will save the $100 and the problems maybe in the future buying another battery. The weight was the really great selling point as it weighs in the 70 lb range dry.
Like others have said that is nothing to put in the bed of the pickup.
Sound wise each manuf. gens have different tones and this one is good and still fall into the same range as all the rest.
You can find a YouTube video comparing the sound levels of the Yamaha and the Boliy.

The other big selling point was that it is a inverter type generator.
That means it produces DC voltage and electronically converts to an AC sine wave which is cleaner and purer for electronic devices.
That's what makes them all more expensive. This is great for the electronics in TV, refrigerators and other electronic components

Compares sound levels with a Yamaha and a Boliy on YouTube
on September 27, 2011
When I received the generator I took it out of the box and realized it didn't come with oil to put in it, no big deal I had some already. I went to take the gas cap off and the tank moved up and down, that didn't seem normal so I got to looking and the tank has slots on the back panel that it slides into, it wasn't in those slots so I removed the two bolts on the back panel and slid the tank in. I filled the oil and gas, hooked the battery wire up, and attempted to start it, it turned over for a little bit then the battery went low, so I pulled the rope a few times and it fired up! I let it run for a couple minutes and shut it off then turned the key, it has started right up with the electric start ever since then.
I plugged my Travel trailer in to it and turned on the Air conditioner, it reved up a little and went right back to idle while the AC was running, I even turned on the microwave while the AC was running and it held it perfectly.

I haven't used it for a really long time yet but for now I am really impressed and very happy with it! Just wish I would have had it before my 2 week trip I just took.
on November 30, 2010
I researched many small portable generators that ran with low DB's and after looking at the more expensive units on the market, settled with the Boliy. I am very happy with it. We had a recent power outage in the area and although the electric start failed due to not enough charge on the battery it started with one pull of the cord and was giving me power at that moment. My neighbor mentioned he had heard a very low sound from his side of the fence from me but was undisturbing at night.
I would recommend the generator to anyone and the seller as well.
If you get one, you wil be as proud as I am.
on March 15, 2012
An outstanding product! Well built and used for hundreds of hours at full load near Red Lodge, Montana!!
Starts every time and handles all of 3000 Watts.

Starts my 15,000 BTU Air with no trouble!!

Will recommend to one and all!
on February 15, 2012
I bought this generator because it claimed the same specs as the Honda, but was 1/2 the price. Most the reviews stated that they were happy with the performance. The generator was late arriving, but that is not the point here. I am at 6000ft elevation. I paid for the special jet for the carburator , but Boliy Guy never sent it. I have used this generator for 4 1/2 months now to supply power to a trailer we live in on our ranch while we build a home. I have a bank of golf cart batteries and a 2000 watt inverter. The generator is mainly used to charge batteries and allow other devices to be used while they are charging.

Problems:
1. this generator has a poor governor that does not always respond to the load as quickly as needed and causes surging.
2. the fuel consumption is greater than expected. (may have some thing to do with the elevation?), but this engine runs at a higher rpm than the equivalent Honda (more rpm = more fuel).
3. after about 4 months, the manual recoil starting mechanism self destructed, plastic parts. ( the supplier has not sent replacement parts as yet, almost a month?)
4. after 4 1/2 months, the main cooling fan on the end of the drive shaft wore out( more plastic parts) Once again have not received replacements from the supplier or info as to when they will arrive?
5. The electric start works fine if you use a real battery! I never had much success with the supplied internal battery which is soldered into the wiring. I had to run leads to the outside for a regular 12v battery. Starts every time with that one.
6. this generator does not come with an hour meter so I installed one so I could do regular servicing at regular intervals.

I have put around 550 hours on this machine, and for the most past it has run adequately. Now I'm waiting for parts and time drags on. I'm using a 7 year old Honda EU2000i to keep the batteries up while I wait. I have never had an issue with the Honda in 7 years! What does that say?
Would I buy another Boliy? Not at this stage. They are trying to improve their units , but are still a ways a way from the class of a Honda.
How long this Boliy will last? they never give you a life expectancy in hours of use? Wonder why?
Conclusion:
If you need a casual use machine , this unit may serve your purpose. If you want a long term dependable machine, Buy a Honda, twice the price , but dependable!
Update Aug/2012:
The parts did come and the generator went back into service. I have since purchased a Honda eu3000is and installed the key-fob remote auto start system; Works fabulous. We will use the Boliy at our tack-room shed for more casual usage.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 8, 2012
After losing power a few times in the last year I decided it was time to buy a generator for emergency power. My criteria for selecting a generator was I wanted something that would run my Refrigerator, Television, Internet, Microwave, Garage Door Openers, a Few Lights, and a Rinnai Wall Furnace I have installed in the kitchen - family room area. My main heat source is a heat pump but the Rinnai is there to supplement heat on very cold days. It will heat my house but I find the heat pump to be far less costly to operate than the propane Rinnai. My other criteria was I wanted something that didn't use too much fuel and also was light enough to be picked up and carried outside. After doing a lot of research on the web I narrowed my choices to the 2400 Watt Yamaha and the Boliy. I ultimately selected the Boliy because it was about 2/3 the cost of the Yamaha but delivered 50 percent more power. I read many of the negative reviews but noticed most of them were 4 or 5 years old. For the most part the recent reviews were much more positive. Once the Boliy arrived I added oil, filled the tank, and it fired up on the second pull. I ran it for about 5 hours under some load to break in the motor and tested it individually on the fridge, microwave, and Rinnai. It powered those things without breaking a sweat and used very little gasoline. A few weeks later I installed a 120 volt only 8 circuit transfer switch and proceeded to test the Boliy running multiple devices. I was elated the find the Boliy runs those 8 circuits without any problem. The microwave draws the most power, but as long as I shut off the refrigerator circuit before using the microwave, the generator keeps up without a problem. This is my first generator purchase and I couldn't be happier. Now when the power goes off I will have heat, lights, TV, fresh food, internet and operating garage doors. Do your homework, but if you are looking for something to use just in emergency situations, I don't think you can go wrong with the Boliy.
on March 27, 2011
After reading the many comments on various websites - many with negative comments, I still decided to try the product. It performed as stated. Because the price was way below the similar Honda and Yamaha products, I feel it was a good deal.