Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

I picked upProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income after blogging for a litle over two years. I've been doing it as a hobby because I love writing and photography, but admittedly haven't thought much about monetizing it.

For me, this book served as a good introduction to how to make money from blogging, both directly and indirectly. However, its focus is a little more broad. It coves everything from choosing a topic to write about, to setting up your blog, to making money. It mixes information and examples with exercises that challenge the reader to apply what they are talking about and use it to inform their own blog.

Because of its broad focus, I think it would be the most useful to someone who is brand new to blogging. I still found it very informative as someone who has been blogging for awhile. However, I did find myself skimming through the pages on setting up your blog because mine has long been set up. However, I thought their instructions were very straight foward and clear and definitely would have been helpful to me if I had stumbled upon them when first starting my blog. They also provide some great tips on deciding what to write about and choosing a domain name.

The content specific to monitization is good but should really be used as a primer. As others have mentioned, much of this content can be found on the ProBlogger blog or elsewhere on the internet. However, the beauty of this book is that it is condensed and all available in one place. No reason to go digging. That said, it is really just the tip of the iceberg so if you are looking for one book to cover everything you will wind up disapointed. I still don't believe I know everything about monitization, nor did I expect to when reading this, and expect to still read more on SEO as a follow up. There are also no secret, magic strategies here. If you are looking for a get rich quick solution this is not it.

Overall, I enjoyed this book and it met my expectations. It was a great first read on how to monetize my blog, but I'm still planning on reading other resources to continue to get smart.
on April 17, 2011
After reading this, I found it to be a good resource for the beginning to intermediate blogger. There is a lot of content that is blindingly obvious for anyone who has been blogging for even a short period of time, but the author's have managed to include topics that even intermediate bloggers will find useful.

I have been running a relatively successful blog for over a year now with great traffic, but I have failed to monetize it. I was hoping this book would help me figure out that part of the equation. It did help add some perspective to structuring content to pull in more readers, while also doing the whole SEO thing.

To those reviewers who complained that this info could be found on a variety of websites about blogging, that claim could be made about most books sold on Amazon. The purpose of going out to buy the book is convenience and reliability of information. If you want to spend days or weeks looking for and collating the same information, by all means, have at it. If you want it in a convenient package, then get this book.

My only complaint, would be the price. I'd barely pay $12 for the paperback, so I'd hoped the Kindle version would be around the $10 mark. Seems a bit pricey for a digital download.
on July 14, 2010
When your shower breaks in your home, you go to the pro plumber. When your teeth ache, you go to the pro dentist. When you want to learn about to build a successful blog and make money online from your home... you go to the PROblogger! Darren and Chris have written an excellent book that will tell you everything you need to know about how to not only make a blog that people want to read, but more importantly... how to make money from it.
on March 2, 2011
This book is excellent for beginner bloggers. it explains in detail what to do. Since i started using this book i am now blogging more regularly and making sales of my art through the internet.

Definitely a must have if you are a beginner!
on November 22, 2011
It didn't take long in the book for the author to (rightfully so) indicate that it's pretty rare to make a decent living from blogging, much less make 6 figures as the title promotes. Good content and helpful navigating this very confusing industry just don't expect to make much cabbage.
on January 15, 2012
I purchased this book to help me with starting a blog. I am pretty tech-savvy and I have taken a class on website design, but a lot of this book was over my head. It seems like they left out a lot of important information and they just assume that you already know a lot of the basics. I am pretty proficient at blog writing, but I needed help with the technical aspect. This is not the book that I needed. I would also add that I don't think that anyone edited this book. There were multiple spelling and grammatical errors in it. That is pretty horrendous to think that a book was actually published with so many mistakes in it. I gave the book 2 stars because I can't say I didn't learn anything from it. It did have some helpful information in it. But I think I will have to buy another book to truly help me with my blog.
on June 16, 2010
Millions of blogs exist these days. Even your neighbor's dog, it seems, has a blog. With the enormous popularity of blogging, becoming a professional blogger--someone who earns a substantial amount of income through blogging--is now a reality. Darren Rowse and Chris Garrett offer some advice in their book, ProBlogger, on how to tap into this potential source of income. And there are three primary reasons that you should considering investing in this book.

First, ProBlogger emphasizes that professional blogging takes lots of time and effort to produce results. I despise get-rich-quick schemes, which is why I was glad that the authors repeatedly highlight that their book and online resources will not make you rich in a week (or less!). Research, planning, time, effort--all of these are required to produce a successful blog. It's the cold, hard truth, and this book doesn't shy from repeatedly stating that truth.

Second, the authors clearly recognize that bloggers achieve success in different ways. There is no magic blogging formula that guarantees millions within a month. You'll find that the authors present examples of successful blogs to demonstrate different ways that bloggers have earned money and built loyal audiences. Is advertising the simple answer to monetizing blogs? Nope. While advertising can serve as an excellent option, it's not always the best option. A blog's topic and audience (among other factors) will determine the best way to generate income, and employing more than one method often proves most effective.

Third, the book presents a good deal of advice clearly gained by experience--and lots of it. Darren and Chris are no rookies. They offer an instructive selection of information that includes niche blogging, effective writing, income strategies, social media promotion, and more. Much more information is on their ProBlogger website.

In summary, ProBlogger is a practical and fun guide to professional blogging. I highly encourage this book to anyone interested in professional blogging, but watch out: when you finish reading this one, you've only begun the blogging journey. Much more reading and writing must ensue if you're going to become a true professional blogger.
on August 4, 2013
At first I found this book depressing. After all, it says up front..."Blog Your Way to a Six-Figure Income." What I ADMIRE AND APPRECIATE about it, greatly, is that they tell it like it is. I've been around enough years to have people promise all kinds of stuff that never happens despite the energy exerted. These guys tell their stories in detail. They don't promise the moon next week, or ever. It gives guidance for those looking to blog for income. Don't let the title fool you into thinking you'll be a fat cat by the end of the year. However, there is a market and it depends on how you apply the info and yourself.
on March 11, 2012
I did notice a few grammatical errors, but the content was very rich for a beginner in this field. I don't see how this book has any bad reviews. People said it didn't have enough technical or had errors, but based on the title, it's not supposed to be a technical book. I recommend picking up a book like Using Wordpress by Tris Hussey or something like that if you are looking on how to set up a blog. This book is about how to turn your blog into something that was a hobby to something that actually can be very successful and lucrative. It is an easy read. I anticipate that if you stick to the principles established, many of which are just basic foundational marketing concepts, blogging could be a very lucrative endeavor.
on December 11, 2015
So helpful. Of course I skipped around to the chapters I was interested in first but then once I was ready to start my blog I went through the steps as recommended. This was a great resource to help me make sense of all the blogging options out there.