Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on October 8, 2013
As long as you use a measuring tape to get accurate measurements, you can easily select the right size and they will fit correctly. For the gloves, you need to measure across the knuckles while making a fist. They are decent quality for the price and come in sizes that fit both children and adults.
on October 4, 2013
These gloves are ok for sparring and good for the price. My old gloves were a bit higher end and these just do not feel as good and protective on my hands. As an instructor, I mostly run the ring instead of sparring so I did not see the need to spend a lot of cash. These will do the job.
on May 27, 2014
When this pair wears out I will replace them with the same. The only recommendation is when purchasing if you are on the upper end of the size chart "size up". I was at the upper limit for a Medium and ordered a Medium. They are a little tighter than I would have liked.
on March 16, 2013
Arrived quickly and in perfect condition. Fit my daughter perfectly...size charts for ProForce are extremely helpful (I looked online for detailed charts). Great color and very durable!
on July 10, 2014
Perfect for our kids Shotokan classes. The child size medium fits our 8 and 9 year olds perfectly. Excellent protection for their hands.
on January 3, 2014
I bought these for my daughter based purely of many positive reviews. It turned out a very bad pair of gloves, after hearing her complaint about hurting her hand after uses several times. I took a look and discovered that there is a very thin plastic across the palm of the hand, it is thin and very sharp on the edge. As you clutch your hand, the edge of this plastic rub against your palm and create a really painful cut, although it does not cause your hand to bleed, but definitely very painful and uncomfortable. As far as I am concerned this glove is useless.
22 comments4 of 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2014
Purchased these Proforce Lightening Punches for my 8 year old grandson because of the many good reviews. His instructor agreed that Proforce was a good brand and from the equipment that we have ordered so far, I agree, but my grandson hasn't used them in sparring class yet, so we will see. He is almost 4 ft tall and weighs around 70 pounds. His knuckles measured about 3 inches across. The child's large sparring gloves fit him with a little growing room. His fingers can reach and grip the inside slots to hold the gloves and he said they felt good. We are pleased with the quality of Proforce products and will buy more when needed.
on May 30, 2013
I bought this for my son who is taking karate and needs sparring gear. The gloves are a great fit and conform well to the hand. It has a natural feel and despite the protection it provides, doesn't feel bulky or cumbersome. He is 8 now and about 49" tall. At this point, they are a little on the big side but not too big which means he can use them at this size but still have probably another two years to grow in to them before we will need to up the size.
on May 19, 2013
My son - who is capable of destroying anything - uses these in his weekly karate class, and has outgrown several pairs before wrecking them, which is remarkable. Although they don't look terribly durable upon initial inspection, they hold up extremely well to abuse, and are lightweight and comfortable (although my son sometimes wishes they were lined in cloth, as they can get slick and hot in warmer conditions).
on April 15, 2015
I got the child large for my 5 1/2yr old to use for karate. They fit with enough space for growth! Although i do see where some people complained about cutting the hand..the strap in the middle of the palm is a thick plasticy thing..since my daughter is only 5 shes not doing any serious hits with these so thats OK..if you are older it may be a problem
The color is really nice