5.0 out of 5 stars Early days, but so far so good.
Published on December 21, 2012 by S. Lewis

3.0 out of 5 stars Bike is fine, packaging and quality were not.
The first box that I received was missing a number of parts. It turns out there was a small parts box that was left out by the manufacturer. It also isn't packed very well so the plastic cover was cracked in a few places. The box is marked Fragile, and they mean in. UPS must not have been gentile.

ProForm Customer service was friendly, but because a number of...
Published 17 months ago by David Miller

5.0 out of 5 stars Early days, but so far so good., December 21, 2012
This review is from: ProForm ProForm 6.0 ES Recumbent Bike (Sports)
First off, although I am a frequent Amazon shopper, I actually bought this bike from a bricks and mortar "Sports Auth" chain store, at a somewhat better price point. I was initially looking at a Nordictrack 4.5, but quickly realized this is essentially the same machine, and I was able to see, and importantly sit on one on the store floor. They also had several Schwinn models, and while they looked fine, I liked that the console on the Proform is closer to your face - useful if you intend to put an iPad on there.
Having read in other reviews of difficulties bolting together some other machines, I am happy to report that assembling this unit was very straight forward. Similar to Ikea furniture, if you take your time and *carefully* read the instructions it is mostly quite easy. The bolts, washers and screws come packaged and labeled separately, and the manual refers to the parts to use by their reference number. 90% of the assembly is totally routine, about 10% would go easier with a second set of hands, but is by no means impossible to assemble solo. All up I spent about 1.5 hours, and it could certainly be done quicker.
We've only used the bike a few times so far, so I won't critique the console functions other than to say that it appears to offer enough modes that I don't expect we'll buy the iFit module, at least not yet. The bike is very solid, quiet, and for my wife and I, very comfortable - She's 5'5", I'm 5'6". After a 7.5 mile ride today the only part of me that was sore were my quads, which is how it should be. Being able to work comfortably on my iPad while working out removes yet one more excuse not to work out! Now I get to read and reply to emails, check the web, etc, and enjoy my morning coffee and get a workout in without leaving my bedroom. So far, very happy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine after minor repair, August 12, 2013
This review is from: ProForm ProForm 6.0 ES Recumbent Bike (Sports)
My wife bought this on Amazon and I just finished the assembly. The assembly itself is not difficult. The instructions are very clear and all the bolts and screws are nicely labeled and packaged. I gave it four stars because it made a grinding noise when the pedals were moved forward. I could see with a flashlight that the sound was coming from the flywheel, so I resigned myself to disassembling the guts to find out what was wrong. Turned out the magnets were rubbing the inside of the flywheel. Probably they got dislodged somehow during shipping, and they snapped back into place when I removed the inner part of the flywheel, which contained the shoes of the magnetic resistance brake. The bike runs silently after putting everything back together.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, September 4, 2013
Stargazer (CRIPPLE CREEK, COLORADO USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ProForm ProForm 6.0 ES Recumbent Bike (Sports)
I dropped one star because during assembly I could not completely tighten all the screws, but everything went together and seems to be solidly built. The input jack for using an mp3 player seems to be faulty on my unit but it's no trouble to use my headphones. There is a small ledge that's big enough to set my mp3 player or 7 inch tablet in, allowing me to read or listen to music as I work out.

I've used the bike for several weeks now and it has worked great. The biggest plus for me is that the machine is extremely quiet due to the magnetic resistance. I was looking for a machine that I could use any time of the day or night without disturbing the neighbors in my building and this bike is perfect for that. The magnetic resistance works well and with 20 levels of resistance available, I expect it to provide a challenging workout for years to come.

I'm a big guy, but the bike is stable and sturdy when I'm riding and the adjustable seat works well as I have shorter than average legs.

Overall, I think this is a great bike for the price and highly recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bike is fine, packaging and quality were not., September 11, 2013
This review is from: ProForm ProForm 6.0 ES Recumbent Bike (Sports)

ProForm Customer service was friendly, but because a number of parts were backordered, they suggested that I just return it to Amazon. That's a bit of an inconvenience on a 100+ lb box.

The second box had all of the parts, but it too had broken plastic parts along with a bent frame.

I had waited until I got the new one to send the old one back, so between the 2 boxes I was only short one part which ProForm is sending back.

Took a few weeks to get it all straightened out, but the bike is now assembled and ready to go. It is comfortable to ride. I just with the process was less painful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bike!, December 11, 2013
This review is from: ProForm ProForm 6.0 ES Recumbent Bike (Sports)
I love the different workouts that it offers. Wasn't too difficult to assemble. It doesn't take up too much space. No problems so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good... after 3 months, August 14, 2013
Dan (Southern CA) - See all my reviews
Hi,
I bought this bike from a local sporting goods store so I did not have the shipping/freight damage problems mentioned by other reviewers. Shipping any large exercise equipment can lead to possible shipping damage but that is not an Amazon issue, that is a manufacturer packaging or courier issue.

I just wanted to write a quick review on this bike. After 3 months of initial use it is working fine. Initial assembly was not difficult, took about 90 minutes. Some of the screws on the seat are hard to reach because of their awkward location but nothing that was too hard to assemble. The included Allen wrenches work well just plan to spend time rotating the screws in tight spaces.

The seat is very comfortable. It also adjusts easily. The adjustment lever on the bottom right is sturdy and locks the seat firmly in place. The display screen also works well so no complaints on the screen or interface.
The heartbeat sensors seem to work well also, so this is another plus for the bike.
The resistance levels adjust smoothly and accurately while riding and the pedals rotate evenly so no issues to report.

My only complaints on this bike so far would be 1) your knees can hit the bottom of the handles that are attached to the underside of the display screen if the seat is not back far enough. This is because the overall screen is closer to the user than some other bikes. This leads to my second (2) complaint which is the console/screen is almost too close to the face/body making you feel somewhat cramped. It would be nice to be able to adjust it further away from the user.

Overall, for the price and performance it has worked well so far... I will update the review if anything changes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good so far, March 1, 2014
This review is from: ProForm ProForm 6.0 ES Recumbent Bike (Sports)
I have been using this several times a week for the past 6 months, have not had a single problem with it. I bought from Amazon, box was a bit dinged up but all parts were intact and present. Setup was fairly uneventful, had my 4 and 6 year-old helping, took us about 2 hours total I'd guess. The seat is slightly uncomfortable, wish there was someway to lean it back ever so slightly, but I knew that going in from the picture and other reviewers. I watch movies and TV shows on my 7" tablet while exercising, which fits very well on the console. I will be upgrading to a 10" tablet soon, so hope that fits on there as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, August 16, 2013
This review is from: ProForm ProForm 6.0 ES Recumbent Bike (Sports)
I bought this for my brother, and he absolutely loves it. Arrived quickly and intact. He put it together by himself, and it took a few hours. He uses it everyday, and it is built very well. I would definitely recommend. My brother is 295 lbs, and it supports his weight well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Inoperable, February 18, 2014
This review is from: ProForm ProForm 6.0 ES Recumbent Bike (Sports)
This bike looks great however, I have not been able to use it since I received it over a month ago. The problem is with the resistance magnets on the flywheel. These magnets are attached with glue that separates and the magnets dislodge and jam, making the it very hard to pedal and creating a metallic grinding noise. The manufacturer has excellent customer service and has already sent out a replacement flywheel and a mechanic to install it. However, the replacement flywheel arrived with the same problem and I am now awaiting the new replacements arrival in hopes that it arrives without the same problem. Bottom line is there is that there appears to either be a design flaw in the flywheel, or there is a batch of flywheels with bad adhesive attaching the magnets. It also appears that others have had the same problem. The manufacturer's customer service is excellent, it just takes time to get a replacement that isn't defective. I will update this review when the bike is actually working to be fair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied, January 4, 2015
This review is from: ProForm ProForm 6.0 ES Recumbent Bike (Sports)
I always love a good project so assembly was no problem. I am sure there are better bikes out there but I why? This one does the job nicely. Works as described. It is quiet. Resistance works fine. This one works for me.

ProForm 6.0 ES Recumbent Bike
$499.00 $452.95
In stock. Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.