5.0 out of 5 stars Got it FREE and LOVE IT
I'll update the post from time to time. Right now I got this Sears Model 285420 free from A Freecycler. That is a local organization where people offer stuff free to others. The protective film cover was still on it..yet it was fully assembled. What a deal!!!

Published on September 19, 2008 by Barely There

1.0 out of 5 stars save up and get something more solid
Published on October 27, 2006 by A. SAID

1.0 out of 5 stars save up and get something more solid, October 27, 2006
This review is from: ProForm 675 CardioCross Elliptical Trainer (Sports)
i bought the machine about 14 months ago. broke down after 5 months of regular use, but to "sears" credit they sent a repairman to fix for free.after about another 5/6 months use (not even on a regular basis the axile broke again. I did some research on line and found an article that stated that the line of proform products are not built to last if they are used everyday or regularly, they are built for the causual exceriser --- i guess that explains it all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken Prduct -- Terrible Customer Service!, April 7, 2006
We purchased a Proform elliptical several months ago... it took hours to assemble and then clearly had defective parts. It has been months of calls and complaints and the product is still not working (and we can't say the Proform people seem to really care)... avoid this company at all costs!

1.0 out of 5 stars It broke within 6 months, October 14, 2006
Kathi (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ProForm 675 CardioCross Elliptical Trainer (Sports)
I paid over $300 and the main axle broke in the first 6 months. Company said sorry 90 day gaurentee only. You can contact these companies and pay them to fix it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't trust this company, December 29, 2006
Phil Miller (Minneapolis, MN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ProForm 675 CardioCross Elliptical Trainer (Sports)
I bought this item direct from ProForm. I should had known better than to be fooled again. The item worked for five months, and then the main pedal axel broke. Well, no problem I thought - I have the extended warranty. That turned out to be a joke. It has been almost three months later and the piece of equipment still sits broken. If they actually cared about their customers they would send a new unit out after the first time a technician couldn't fix it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this product, December 29, 2006
Toby Desfosses (Coalinga, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ProForm 675 CardioCross Elliptical Trainer (Sports)
After about a year the machine broke on me. I then got it fixed, and about 6 months later it broke again. I am now searching for a different elliptical. I will not buy proform again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Never buy Proform or any product associated with Icon Health & Fitness, February 5, 2007
This review is from: ProForm 675 CardioCross Elliptical Trainer (Sports)
Extremely disappointed! Don't be fooled by the good price and the no interest payment plan offered by Icon. They do not honor their 30 day money back guarantee.

It was one problem after another. I rec'd a damaged unit. Then the console didn't work. Unit wouldn't turn off. Resistance motor quit working. You can't get a customer service rep when you need help. I left messages and sent emails. I was REFUSED 30 day money back guarantee. They sent a tech out 3 times to attempt to fix it. Tech contacted Icon and they couldn't help him. I had my elliptical four months before they decided to replace it. I had to file a BBB complaint to get a replacement unit. Rec'd replacement unit that doesn't work properly. Now customer service won't return phone calls or emails. I filed another BBB complaint.

I bought this equipment 11 mos ago and it's only been usable for maybe 4 months.

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY Hard to turn- something must be wrong, May 10, 2009
This review is from: ProForm 675 CardioCross Elliptical Trainer (Sports)
I bought this elliptical from my mother who could not turn the foot petals. They are VERY stiff. I can use it for a few minutes but this I am exhausted. I could do the elliptical at a fast pace for 45 minutes in the gym, but the resistance on this is unreal. I cannot make it any looser. Something must be wrong but I don't know how to fix it! If anyone knows, please let me know! The fan has also never worked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Got it FREE and LOVE IT, September 19, 2008
This review is from: ProForm 675 CardioCross Elliptical Trainer (Sports)

It is solid..and smooth...and I feel the burn (in my outer thighs) in under one minute with high resistance.

I got a stand-alone fan so I probably won't be using the built in one which tend to use up the 4 d cell batteries.

I'm not sure if it turns itself off (some users report problems)
...so I just pull out the batteries drawer.

They say in twenty minutes you can get the equivalent workout of 45 minutes walking. Sweet.

Works great for me. I', 5.6" and 175 or less. (Maybe a lot less if I use this).

While I like my Bowflex...it really only does upper body...for me.
I have the foot extension and that is clunky. You can try to do cardio on a bowflex..but I like the idea of a separate cardio-machine.

I am happy thus far. Only noticed a smidgeon of rust on some seams when I turn the unit over. I will paint these spots. Will update later. For now five stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for!, June 1, 2009
Asma "AM" (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ProForm 675 CardioCross Elliptical Trainer (Sports)
I bought this elliptical four and a half years ago and till today I use it four to five times a week. Keep in mind though that I am not a very big person. The elliptical has some major problems:
1. Since the beginning the resistance on this machine has not worked properly. And now it doesnt work at all!
2. The right arm has got so loose that I have actually tied it with a scarf to put it together.
3. The surface of foot is so slippery that your foot does not stay where you want to place it.
4. The frame of the machine is flimsy.

However for 300 bucks this machine has performed O.K. and can still go on. Thats why I gave it three stars!

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay away from this junk, January 9, 2007
This review is from: ProForm 675 CardioCross Elliptical Trainer (Sports)
The axle broke after 6 months of use. Dont bother unless u dont want 2 use it. Use only for show.