5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What I Expected!!
Published on April 11, 2012 by Colette

1.0 out of 5 stars Part missing. Manufacturer feedback sucks
Package was delivered missing a part. Called the manufacturer to order the missing part. Two weeks later, a wrong part was delivered to me. Called back to order a missing part again. Two weeks later now, no delivery of the missing part yet. I am returning the package to amazon.com.
Published on May 15, 2012 by JCSELECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly What I Expected!!, April 11, 2012
This review is from: ProForm Ab Glider Platinum Ab Machine (Sports)
I had read several reviews regarding this product prior to purchase. One of the major complaints was that it worked the arms, but did little or nothing for the abs. Not really working out for awhile previous, the equipment initially did work my arms and such. But after about a week, I had gained enough strength in my arms and such to maintain the position necessary to work my abs some, the week after than even better. I can now use the equipment, targeting my abs which I feel will only get easier. The 3 minute video, which doesn't sound like much, provides a great format in which to get started. I think even some who do work out regularly would find this a great addition to their workout, for it is harder than it looks.

The equipment itself is sturdy and was not difficult to assemble. It is not overly large as say some treadmills, but you will need space around the machine to do all the movements.

Overall, it is exacly as I expected, though maybe a little harder to jump on out the gate than I anticipated - but any workout or workout equipment falls in that area. It is considerably more comfortable than standard sit-ups, and I am very pleased with the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Proform Ab Glider Platinum Ab Machine is AWESOME!, March 13, 2012
This review is from: ProForm Ab Glider Platinum Ab Machine (Sports)
Before I purchased this product, I had only seen the commercials on TV. I had been doing the same movements at home using a wooden stick and wanted to add this piece of equipment to my home gym. I read other people's reviews and they said it was loud or it did not seem to work right....I say, "Did you watch the DVDs that were sent with the machine"? They show you and explain how to use the machine correctly and there is so much, at so many levels of fitness to do on this piece of equipment. It is a fine addition to my home gym. It is exciting to try to do the DVD exercises or alone. Buy this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars great machine, July 11, 2012
This review is from: ProForm Ab Glider Platinum Ab Machine (Sports)
This machine is great! I put it together myself! I dont work out so when i decided to get into shape i thought this would be a fun work out! It was really challenging at first they make it look so easy on tv its not, it takes time to get used to it and you most definatly will feel the burn! I am a stay at home mom with three kids so working out can be difficult! Its nice because the work out is quick and i still see results! Its great lots easier then going to the gym!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ab Glider, May 30, 2012
This review is from: ProForm Ab Glider Platinum Ab Machine (Sports)
I really like this machine. It is kind of difficult to use side to side. At the moment I only use it in the locked position and have noticed results in my stomach area. So glad I read reviews before I bought. I was orginally going to purchase the ab circle until I read reviews. This machine does take up more room but it is a good work out for the arms and stomach. Super buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Proform Ab Glider platinum, March 29, 2012
This review is from: ProForm Ab Glider Platinum Ab Machine (Sports)
This is a great way to workout my mid section. (Not for people with back problems!) Pulling myself up the middle proved to be very tough to do and I hurt my right shoulder. The digital workout counter that comes with the machine was broken and we have contacted the company directly twice. They keep sending defective digital workout counters for some reason or the wrong type. That's the only frustrating encounter we have had so far. I did have to use some WD-40 under the knee pad because it started making an awful sound like rusting. Great buy but I don't expect longevity from this machine.

4.0 out of 5 stars harder than it looks, February 20, 2013
Cheryl "catsnhorses" (VISALIA, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ProForm Ab Glider Platinum Ab Machine (Sports)
This machine may well work as it is supposed to, but beware if you are a beginner. It is way harder than it looks. It works your arms because your abs are not up to the challenge yet. If you have the determination and motivation to continue, I'm sure it will work as advertised and as others have reviewed. For beginners it can be a bit overwhelming and though I'm not afraid of hard, I do like to see progress. This machine takes a loooong time to get used to and to make significant progress for a beginner. The side to side is good, but the side to side and up and back at the same time is just as impossible as the up and down at a standstill. So, bottom line--if you're a beginner be prepared to work your arms for a long time before you can get your abs to cooperate.

As far as the assembly--not too much trouble to put together but it would be easier for two in some steps. I didn't have the alignment problems as some did--I thought I did at one point, but I just had to hold the bar in a different angle and then no problem. The back stop doesn't seem very sturdy but that could be because as a beginner I'm almost "out of control" and it hits hard if I don't watch it.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a love/pain relationship, July 12, 2013
This review is from: ProForm Ab Glider Platinum Ab Machine (Sports)
I'm usually not a fan of these as-seen-on-TV types of equipment. They're over-hyped, made cheaply - sold expensively and they just don't usually produce good results. That said, this is a really nice piece of equipment. It was easy to put together by myself and it feels solid during use.

It's not easy working out on this machine if you're not in good shape to begin with. The first thing that needed help - and got it, were my arm muscles. It was difficult but after a week or so it got easier. Following the DVD was a bit boring but since the workouts are short, it was tolerable.

No single piece of equipment, regardless of the promises, is going to give you everything you need to get in shape. But combined with my Nautilus weight system and my Bowflex Treadclimber, I like the addition of Ab Glider to my routine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tough Stuff, February 21, 2013
This review is from: ProForm Ab Glider Platinum Ab Machine (Sports)
Good machine. Will work you hard. Wonder about long term durability. Would recommend it for someone who does not mind a challenge

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, April 1, 2013
This review is from: ProForm Ab Glider Platinum Ab Machine (Sports)
bought this for my wife she loves it.......real good exercise..easy to build out of the box
she does this every day.......

1.0 out of 5 stars Part missing. Manufacturer feedback sucks, May 15, 2012