Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Proform 590 SPX Bike
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on April 11, 2012
I agree with almost everything been sad about this bike. Bought it at HSN for $499.
It's a well built bike with a very smooth ride. After about a month noise start coming from breakpads. Headphones with music can't even help to block it.
Good luck calling PROFRM customer service or trying to send e-mails. No response.
I also posted a negative review for this bike on their site, but they are not showing it. They sent me new breaks, but they are the same quality, so I expect the same type of noise after sometime.
on April 23, 2012
My experience with this bike is about the same as most of these reviews. It has a heavy flywheel so the ride itself is smooth. The seat is atrocious and the general build quality seems pretty cheap. It's proform's top of the line spin bike which perhaps speaks to the companies overall philosophy on products.

My particular bike seems to have uneven legs so there's slight rocking. I cant seem to locate the issue, maybe a slightly bent arm, but for now I loosened one pad to compensate and it's ok. Mostly noticable when you're standing and pedaling at higher tensions so not a deal breaker.

My brake pads also make a consistent rubbing sound at the tension I like, but I believe that's to be expected. They're friction based after all.
A friend of mine got the thousand dollar livestrong bike and his seems to have overall better build quality, but he also gets brake pad sound.

The electronic display seems cheaply made, like those old hand held video games from back in the day. But it does the job.

If you pay a cent over 500 for this bike you got ripped off. Overall 3 stars is a fair score. Nice heavy flywheel and definitely serviceable for a good spin workout. Just doesn't inspire much in terms of build quality.
on April 6, 2012
My Proform 590SPX arrived Apr. 4, 2012 as Amazon indicated and was excited putting it together. Package requires two people with the weight.

Those good reviews are most likely from Icon staff.
Upon assembling, I can hear some loose metal and end up opening plastic cover to ensure no moving parts will get damage such as belt, etc. First open the belt cover a small washer fell off but metal sound still exist when bike get move. Proceed with opening the bike frame cover and several chunks of metal shard fell off. Re-tilt and more metal waste fell and this time no loose screw sound.

Ignored it as I was too excited to use it, so went ahead and assembled the handlebar, but handlebar doesn't lock securely in place and the handlebar locking lever is facing the rider not outwards as shown in picture preventing the handlebar from moving closer to the rider due to lever touching the stem.
Still ignore it which I was planning to find a fix.

Found out the hard way that my wife who is 4'11" cannot comfortably reach pedal.
again, vowed to find solution.

This time I called customer service to avoid the return. Got transferred 3 times and finally got a call back after 2 hours. Rep insist handlebar is by design where lever get in contact with stem which prevent any further movement closer to rider. CS also have no solution for handlebar not fully locking in place which can be a hazard, again CS claim has no help. After 25min talking to an offshore customer service who have zero knowledge of basic bike parts decided to pack up and return to Amazon.

Next research is to look for a bike specifically made in US hoping to have the quality back. I general do not mind paying more for U.S. made product with good quality. But US made might be tough to find these days.
on March 2, 2012
Bike is built well. Seat is hard. It pedals very smoothly; however, breakpads squeal when adding tension. That is disappointing. Also, you have to buy Polar transmitter separately to get that to work. Had I known about the breakpad squealling, and if all of these models have the tendency to do this, then I would have spent a little more to get a bike with better breaks.
on February 14, 2014
Rock solid bike..great feel and has unlimited amount of adjustability. I really like that it is comes with a digital computer that's compatible with my polar heart chest strap and also shows the RPM. The fly wheel is supper smooth and quite. The saddle or seat is very comfortable from the start, really no break in period needed. The handle bars are solid and love being able to get into the aero position. Also, the bike is heavy enough to do out of the saddle climbs and sprints with and this is coming from a guy that is a solid 215 lbs. The dual break pads are similar to the old spinner bikes and easy to maintain. The high pitch sound is common and easy to get rid of. It comes from the pads glazing over from the high heat from friction. (Pads rubbing against fly wheel) First rotate counter clockwise the break till the pads are a good 8th to a 1/4 inch off the fly wheel. Then clean the both sides of the fly wheel with rubbing alcohol, once done rub dry with clean cloth. Then take 120 grit sand paper and lightly sand the inside of both break pads, just enough to remove the glazing. Repeat the process when the sound comes back. The pads should last many years if maintained properly.
on August 16, 2012
I bought this bike in july of 2012 and I bought the bike based on it's many features especially the i fit live compatibility, the second thing that is missing is the 16 personal trainer workouts it featured it had, third it said it was equipped with an intermix acoustic's 2.0 sound system that does not exist's and last ,but not least it was suppose to have a compatible music port for an i pod that is nowere to be found and no instruction's.I am highly dissapointed, I do like the bike, but I was looking forward to the features for my client's entertainment in my gym. I have purchased a lot of equipment from Amazon.com in the many years and have had no problem's and nothing bad to say about the service are merchandise until now.I am quite upset and would like the problem resolved as being a true and honest customer and would like proform to give me an explination on an product that they advertise on Amazon as having certain features, but find out that this bike is false advertising on there part are I didn't receive everything that goes with the bike.
on March 17, 2012
As a previous user stated, this machine is smooth to ride. It has variable seat and handlebar positions to optimize comfort, yet still uncomfortable. I found the brakes to also be squeaky and have a malodor (maybe that odor was me). I have noticed a deposit building up on the disc or wheel. It is pretty difficult to clean off. Not sure if Proform has a solution for this or not. I paid $499 with free delivery at HSN. So for the price I paid, the bike is fair.
on February 15, 2013
Bought this primarily because the description stated it was ifit compatible. IT IS NOT! Would have bought a cheaper model instead if I didn't want ifit. Carton was pretty much destroyed in delivery and unpacking, otherwise I would have sent it back. I really liked the idea of an ifit spin bike.
on February 1, 2014
The noise the wheel makes is shrill and not resolvable. No adjustment stops this loud shrill squeak and Proform is not helpful. I want a refund. Amazon do not sell this product.
on March 26, 2015