4.0 out of 5 stars Best for the price
This bike could easily be scored a 5 star.
The set-up is super easy. It's sturdy enough for me at 210 lbs.
Published on December 21, 2012 by Robert

3.0 out of 5 stars Progear Cycle
computer monitor does not work very well. resistance levels too easy. bike seat very hard, hurts your butt. that is all.
Published 23 months ago by Lynn Chavez

4.0 out of 5 stars Best for the price, December 21, 2012
This review is from: ProGear 60 Training Cycle with Computer Monitor and Heart Pulse Sensors (Sports)
This bike could easily be scored a 5 star.
The set-up is super easy. It's sturdy enough for me at 210 lbs.
I thought the handle bars looked a little weird but For $200 what the heck right? Well they're very comfortable. My first thought was to replace the seat with my road seat because I don't like a soft seat but this one is somewhere in the middle and well suited for spinning.
Pedals are 2-sided so you can jump on with house slippers for a short warm-up or flip them over and strap in for a hard work out. They're standard screw-in so you can mount your step-in clips as well.
The computer is not the best but this bike costs what I paid for the personal computer on my road bike so it's all good.
I'll probably order a spare set of pads for the tension control. There's nothing wrong with them but this bike is built well enough to out live the life of the pads for sure.
I am very pleased with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars ProGear 60 Stationary Bike, March 4, 2013
I'm not really one who is experienced with spinning. I've tried spinning a couple times in the gym and gave up. When I saw this bike (after researching others) I was excited by the features and price (great New Year's present) and decided to give it a chance. I received the bike in a big, heavy box. The body of the bike was intact but the seat, feet, handlebars, monitor, and pedals had to be attached. Assembly wasn't difficult nor time consuming, probably about 30+ minutes. I ordered the gel cushion and found I needed a bit more softness so I added a cloth diaper underneath the gel cushion and it rides comfortably. I don't use the pedal clips, I flip them over and ride without them. I find the bike to be pretty quiet; I have a little one who has yet to awaken while I am on the bike. I must say the bike is very sturdy and comfortable with the adjustments to the seat cushion. The monitor works but I have yet to get the pulse sensor to display my heartrate on it...that's fine with me because I took the monitor off due to lack of use on my part. I like having options for adjustment with the handlebars and seat. I also ordered Cathy Friedrich's Low Impact Spinning DVD, which is awesome. Easing or increasing the tension is very easy and smooth, just turn the knob and you feel the resistance. One thing I will say is make sure you tighten everything properly. If the seat isn't tight enough, it will move or lower when you sit on it. If the handlebars aren't tightened properly, they will slip and lower. I am conditioning myself to riding this bike in the upright position and this bike has been very sturdy and stable. At home I actually enjoy riding/spinning now....whereas at the gym I didn't have the tolerance nor desire for it. I feel I got more than my money's worth. For me, the ProGear 60 cycle has been a wonderful addition to my home gym collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value!, May 3, 2013
I'm a avid cyclist and i have been on a few spin bikes, and i have to say for $200.00 you can't go wrong. I have had this bike for a few weeks now and compared to a $600.00 bike i was using i can only see only a few differences.

Pro's: Very quiet and rides smooth, Has heart rate monitor on the computer, Road bike style seat, Easy to move,easy to put together (took 25 min), It will free spin if you stop pedaling(Like a real bike. I LOVE this no break needed.) I wish the higher end bikes had this.

Con's: It doesn't feel as solid as the high end bikes( thats why it's $200) but i'm 200lbs and it doesn't wobble. No leveling feet on the lower bars so it has to be on a even surface.

Overall a great bike for $200.00 range, You can't go wrong with this bike.

3.0 out of 5 stars Progear Cycle, February 9, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, December 15, 2012
For the Money ...excellent bike...assembled in 15 minutes.. somewhat quiet. I would recommend to buy this bike. . . .

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy, January 12, 2013
So many little things with this bike that I strongly recommend looking at other alternatives. From the instructions being poor (no photos) then you think the website can help with assembly, but it doesn't. To parts not being uniform. To sub-par features. The computer really sucks and shuts off while riding, the seat doesn't stay straight, the bike isn't very sturdy, the tension is weak. Then I email the customer service department and they didn't respond. So it is hard to find a positive with this purchase. Stay away!!!!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Sent it back, January 6, 2013
I bought this hoping it would be an inexpensive way to at least get some cycling in during the winter. I was wrong.

It took about an hour to assemble the bike (instructions aren't bad), but there were several parts missing from the packaging that I had to improvise a bit to make things work. The one I couldn't overcome was the missing mount for the computer, though that isn't what made me return the bike.

The biggest problem is that the flywheel itself wobbled when you'd pedal and would bang against the plastic housing surrounding it (where the chain is), so everytime you pedal you can hear and feel it whack against the plastic. It made the bike fairly unusable.

It was a fairly big pain to disassemble everything and try to get it to fit back in the box, but Amazon was good about having UPS come back out and pick it up from me and refunded me promptly.

In short, look elsewhere if you're trying to find a halfway decent training bike.

1.0 out of 5 stars ProGear 60 Training Cycle, December 30, 2012
I ordered this item for Christmas and I was very excited about this product when I watched the video back in November; it looked very well built and comfortable but once I received it and assembled, i noticed wheel does not spin as it should (very hard) and then i saw that it was touching one of the side of the bike so it was preventing from spinning freely. Also sit was so hard, you could not sit on it for very long without feeling hurt on your behind. I decided to return item next day. I will go to a local store to buy an item like this next time, it is just hard to tell online whether it is good or not.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick and easy setup and works great., January 23, 2013
It took me about half an hour to set the bike up, and I have had no problems with it.. Some people are complaining about the computer, but I didn't buy it for that, I bought it for a bike to ride indoors, the computer seems to work fine enough for me. It's also pretty quiet.. I don't really like the clip in peddles, but that is just because I am not use to them.. 4 stars for now.. Well worth the money, and the quality exceeds the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars I never get the product, February 18, 2014
I like the product to have need to exercise at home for lack of time, I never get the product does not recommend this seller for my package is not reponsabilizo pedi was this 1 ProGear 60 Training Cycle with Monitor and Pulse Sensors heart $ 288.34 and free shipping. I really think it's an abuse by the very high price of the product.