5.0 out of 5 stars Great so far
I've only had this product for several days, but it has been good so far for my P90x/30 day shred workouts. The one thing I found annoying about the product description is that they didn't have the weights that the bands equaled, so I put them here:

Yellow: 2-5 lbs
Green: 5-8 lbs
Red: 8-12 lbs
Blue: 12-16 lbs
Black: 16-20 lbs...
Published on May 26, 2010 by daidai

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better
The bands are high quality, what you'd expect for a great deal less then some of their competitors. They get the job done. But they fail in several areas.

Cons:

Published on June 19, 2010 by Middy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great so far, May 26, 2010

Yellow: 2-5 lbs
Green: 5-8 lbs
Red: 8-12 lbs
Blue: 12-16 lbs
Black: 16-20 lbs

These bands are perfect for toning, although if you are into muscle building, I wouldn't recommend this product, and would suggest purchasing dumbbells instead.

Also, customer service was extremely good. I couldn't find the door anchor at first since it was in the package with the green band (which I didn't use because I use the blue/black bands), but customer service replied to me within the hour with a concerned and courteous attitude.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, June 19, 2010

Cons:

I really don't like the handles, on some exercises the handle tends to lean to the side, and the plastic is a rather rough on the side of your hands when you've got it stretched out and the thing starts to slide on you. Handles like the official p90x ones would of been a hundred times better. The fabric and plastic just hurts your hands too much after awhile of heavy use.

The bands need to be able to stack together to increase the tension like many other brands that use clips instead of the directly attached to handle method here. Really annoying that I can't put more then one band on one handle.

The door attachment makes me terrified to use it. It literally seems like a strap with some metal sewn in. Something bulkier would of been awesome, I'm worried the thing's going to fly out from under the door and crack me in the face.

The bands are worth the price, but I'd say pay another 20 bucks and get some really nice ones with comfortable handles, and let's you stack the bands together instead, these make a good budget alternative though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, excellent service, May 16, 2010
M. Yen (San Diego, Ca USA) - See all my reviews
I am an ex-college athlete who still plays a lot of sports and works out regularly. P90x is something I'm giving a shot, more out of intrigue than need. Although I would prefer (and plan on buying) dumbells, I was pleasantly surprised by the effectiveness of resistance bands. This is a first for me, so I had no idea what to expect. I like the way each band has it's own handle, which seems to be very comfortable and durable. On a couple exercises, the nylon straps rub and irritated my forearm, but that's going to happen with anything you use. If you are a gym rat, you might find the bands (all of them, not just this brand) to be too light. For example, I usually use dumbells in the 50-120 lb. range depending on what kind of lifting I'm doing. So, for some P90x exercises, a 20-25 lb. band is not going to be enough. However, I definitely recommend these bands to women and any one who is new to P90x or working out.

The most impressive part of my purchase was the service. My kit was sent missing one of the bands. A service rep replied to my email within 2 hours with sincere, focused concern. The missing band was sent the next morning and on my doorstep two days later. Great service and great product. Thanks!

PS. To Amazon... If you are going to edit my review, PLEASE at least have someone who speaks English do it. The last time I wrote a review, someone paraphrased it - who obviously does not speak English or never completed high school. Amazing that a company as large as Amazon can't hire English speaking employees. Stooopid.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fragile!, February 16, 2011
John E Kuhn (Nashville, Tennsessee) - See all my reviews
I purchased these in August and the bands were breaking by January. I would not buy these. I did purchase BMP bands which provide more resistance, and have been much more durable.NEW Set of 5 B.M.P. Resistance Bands for Men And Women.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Bands, January 15, 2011
Ordered these bands to work out with P90X. The red band snapped on the second day of use! Highly unsatisfied will not buy from again

1.0 out of 5 stars Who's using these bands without breakage?, December 1, 2010
I really want to know. I am not a heavy weight lifter by any means. The bands stretch well but they break. The first time I tried to do overhead press with one red band it snapped around where the metal that's supposed to secure the band. Second time I tried the overhead press, I used yellow, red and green together to give it more strength. The bands were fine this time but the handle broke. Completely disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it and not worth the return when you figure out they're not worth it..., April 1, 2011
Purchased these for workout program, bands haven't broken yet, but provide very little resistance. Ended up purchasing dumbbells.

If you're planning to use these bands for a lower intensity workout program, don't bother. But if you're hellbent on getting bands, get bands that allow you to separate the bands from the handles, so you can compound bands together for additional resistance later. Walmart sells bands like this, and for about the same price.

1.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't buy, March 2, 2011
If you are serious about working out then avoid these. I used the Black or "Extra Heavy" and it ripped apart the first day of using it. Great for a relaxed workout but do not purchase if intent is a hard workout.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, May 10, 2011
The bands arrived crimped, which caused them to break after only a few months. When complaining to the seller, I received no response. I do NOT recommend this product at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wore out after one workout..., February 19, 2011
Somebody (KETTERING, OHIO United States) - See all my reviews
What else can I say? After doing one days worth of P90X the heavy band started to develop a tear, and at any rate they offer so little resistance anyway they're hardly worth the trouble. Save yourself the aggravation; go buy some 5, 10 and 15 pound cheapo dumbells. Those won't tear or snap, cost less, and will never wear out. I wish I had.

Rate and Discover Movies