Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale

Probably asked 1000 times, but what's the news on pay for play?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 8, 2011 10:40:50 PM PDT
Brian Truman says:
Can't seem to find anything on Activision or any sort of reputable gaming site (recent articles that is) about the pay for play multiplayer. Is this still true, or am I just being a noob and/or will get flamed for not knowing something that there sin't a whole lot of reputable articles about?

Posted on Sep 8, 2011 11:45:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 8, 2011 11:47:37 PM PDT
There is no pay for play. COD Elite is a $50 a year service that allows users of it to get special weapons, DLC, and access to prizes in tournaments. If you purchase a game, you can go online and play just as you did with every previous release. Google Call Of Duty Elite for a more precise explanation.

The Hardened Edition includes 1 year of Elite for $40 more than the regular $59.99 standard edition.

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 12:19:58 AM PDT
A. Searles says:
Like gadget said, COD Elite Premium is an optional service that gives you all the DLC earlier and for free. Note that there's two types, regular call of duty elite that everybody has (which is free) and the premium service. More info can be found here: http://www.callofduty.com/elite/whats-included.html

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 12:25:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 9, 2011 12:25:23 AM PDT
Brian Truman says:
Hey guys! Thanks for the clarification! I'm still not sure if it's worth it compared to Battlefield 3, but the multiplayer is definitely less of an issue now, that's for sure. I was wondering why the Hardened is $20 more than usual. Thank again! Looks like I've got some deciding to do..

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 11, 2011 7:45:38 PM PDT
M. Brown says:
Well theres no prestige edition and the hardened edition comes with elite which is $50 and a bunch of other things.I think the price is fair.Cheaper than buying all the dlcs alone.

Posted on Sep 12, 2011 12:44:56 PM PDT
Yeah really only if you are one of those that buys all the dlc. If not spreading out the extra cost between the map packs is not too bad though they are still expensive (just the norm though). I also think Elite Prem members get them early, though I could be wrong. The free Elite is just fine imo if you don't necessarily want all the dlc.

Gadget Fanatic - are you sure about special weapons? I think it may just be unique camos for your guns?

One thing I do like about CoD's MP is that even if you don't buy dlc you don't feel alienated to specific playlists and that you have to buy them just to get in a game. The integration of players that don't have dlc seems to work pretty well.

Posted on Sep 12, 2011 1:04:26 PM PDT
hoju, couldn't agree more. Elite was intended to benefit only the hardcore gamers, not the casuals. If your not going to compete in tournaments, don't need early access to DLC, and don't intend to buy all the map packs then there is no need to spend the $40 extra now.
My guess is there will be 4 DLC's made available (they said there will be a 20 pieces of maps, game modes, and avatar items) each priced at 1200 msp ($15). If you plan on buying more than 2 of the DLCs then it would be worthwhile to purchase the hardened edition now.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Sep 8, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 12, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about