Logitech Squeezebox Radio Music Player with Color Screen (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Used & New from: $169.99
Problem with losing wireless connection-am I the only one? I like this radio but after a few hours of operation it will drop the signal-I can direct back to that station or another and then the Icon for the signal turns blue or red and I have to disconnect it from the power source and leave it off for a few minutes. It will then start working again. Can anyone guide me to an answer? Thanks.
asked by One bizzy mom on February 13, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 18 answers
A
My Radio has difficulty connecting to My SqueezeBox.com sometimes.....my Boombox doesn't...... I am beginning to doubt I'll be able to use the radio on my screen porch while I'm in my pool ( the reason I bought the radio )...too frustrating to interrupt swimming to mess with the radio. Last summer I used my itouch to play Pandora or my Nokia internet tablet Rhapsody App on my porch and they worked great...but I liked my Boombox and the Radio would have been simpler with it's speakers and rechargeable battery ( eventually)
Kindle Customer answered on February 23, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I bought it yesterday at Best Buy and had the same problem Janice L. Cox, M.Birch and Andrew had. After connecting to my wireless network, the device randomly disconnects, even when the rest of my devices are still connected to the wireless router without issues. Sometimes to reconnect I have to power-cycle the device altogether, or go to settings -> networking -> find my network again -> re-enter password.
Richard Alexander Allen answered on March 21, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The 99% stuck issue does happen from time to time. Just trun off the Radio (press and hold POWER), then turn it back on and re-download the FW update. It should work the second time.

To verify you have the current FW version go to Settings > Advanced > Software Update
It will tell you if you have the latest FW version or not.
MikeT answered on February 28, 2010

A
After a few months of perfect service my Squeezebox is suddenly losing its WiFi connection. Nothing else in the house is having that problem, so I assume it's this device. I've connected it via Ethernet cable, will see if this works better. I have the latest update, will keep an eye on this discussion for hints or fixes. Thanks for posting your experiences!
Janice L. Cox answered on December 30, 2011

A
while the squeezebox seems to be a nice radio, i too had connection problems with it way too often. i went another route and am happier (grace mondo). no, i don't work for grace. the mondo doesn't drop connection often (very rare and it is usually the internet), comes with a remote, the battery lasts much longer, and is much easier for non techies to deal with. i'm not sure which radio is better sound quality wise, but i just couldn't deal with the squeezebox signal issues. i don't have that with the mondo.
wisconsin wildman answered on July 10, 2012

A
Same here with my Squeezebox radio - works great for a random period then the wifi symbol goes red. After a router reboot (BT HomeHub 3), it goes white again, for a while. I can't keep rebooting a healthy router for a sick product. I have the latest Squeezebox firmware and I'm connecting to mysqueezebox.com. I have applied the recommended port forwarding and even tried port clamping the router - to no avail.

More fool me for not returning this product over a year ago. The firmware, since the beginning, produced problem after problem, but I clung on in the vain hope that Logitech would hire some grown-ups to write software. This is a potentially great product; however, it has so clearly never actually completed development and should not have been inflicted on the general public.

Keep your money in your pocket.

Andrew.
Andrew answered on January 24, 2012
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I just purchased this radio and it has been dropping the wifi signal as well. The network signal shows blue so I'm assuming from miket's post that there is a problem with the radio connecting to the squeezebox network. Funny thing is though I have a squeezebox boom as well and it never has problems connecting like this one does. I think there is something wrong with these radios and from the reviews I have read it seems to get worse over time. I think I will send mine back as well and just get another boom.
kem answered on February 24, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I don't blame you for wanting to return it. Maybe return it and wait a few months, see if it improves.
There are supposed to be "fixes" for WiFi, MySB, alarms, etc... in the just released SBS 7.4.2, but who knows.

For audio quality I'd take the Boom any day! :)

As for my Radio, it *never* loses connection to my WiFi (RED indicator), but I do get the occasional BLUE indicator (loses connection to MySB).
My main issue is the "looks like it's playing but it is not" problem. Even then it is not as often as others have reported, for me anyway.
I'm also running 7.5 beta and 7.4.2 beta so that may be why I don't have as many issues with the Radio as others, hard to say.
MikeT answered on February 24, 2010

A
Someone needs to tell tech support about the blue circle vs the red circle..... I called tech support last Oct. and they kept insisting my router was the reason the radio would not connect to mysqueezebox.com.... I told them my itouch, my Roku radio and Boombox etc. all connected.
Kindle Customer answered on February 24, 2010

A
I think I may keep it. I want to keep it anyway. I downloaded the newest firmware update which is supposed to deal with some of the issues with alarm presets and lost wifi connections so hopefully this will work. The battery pack finally was just made available on the logitech web site and I really like the idea of being able to use the radio anywhere for up to 6 hours with the rechargeable battery. I just ordered the battery pack so I will just try to wait it out to see if there are any more problems with the radio.
kem answered on February 27, 2010
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product