Customer Discussions > Mylo Xyloto forum

Problem using Amazon Downloader

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 20, 2011 12:07:40 PM PST
Eldeecee says:
Amazon Downloader needed to download from the Cloudplayer did not work on our computer. We e-mailed Amazon and got a reply the same day. The "help" e-mailed for the download problem we experienced, however, was just short of an insult, it did not even address the problem described, instead we received a long general troubleshooting text that is already available elsewhere on the website. After some searching on the web we figured out that the latest Amazon Downloader does not actually work on Mac OS 10.4.11
Now we installed an older version of the Downloader, which works fine, except that we constantly get reminded now to update to the latest version (which does not work). We will not be buying more music here until they fix that problem.
Wouldn't it be a great idea if one could actually pick the version of the downloader that matches your operating system? Apparently a lot of other customers are having the same problem.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2012 2:02:06 PM PST
Kort says:
I just upgraded my downloader only to find it would not work any more. Do you know where I can get the older version to re-install?

Posted on Feb 12, 2012 6:35:20 PM PST
FromABuick6 says:
It's not hard. You don't need to use the amazon downloader. Just do direct save downloads.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 13, 2012 7:00:51 AM PST
Kort says:
Um, yeah, it is. I've tried direct downloads with no such luck. At least in the Cloud Player. In Cloud Drive you can download files, but it isn't as elegant or convenient. I'd still like to revert to an older version of the downloader.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Mylo Xyloto forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Dec 20, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mylo Xyloto
Mylo Xyloto by Coldplay
3.9 out of 5 stars   (456)