Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now DOTD
Customer Discussions > Superman - The Movie forum

Problems with Superman DVD's

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 2, 2006 12:13:03 PM PST
G. Bullard says:
The USA Today on Friday had a capsule review that included the lines..."glitches possibly masterminded by Lex Luthor." The review then went on to say..."Disc 1 of l has a soundtrack drawback, III is missing bonus content. Warner will replace discs. Call 800-553-6937."
Hope this bit helps everyone...

Posted on Mar 21, 2012 4:41:22 PM PDT
Ray Sutton says:
I love Superman I. It was great in the theater. Then, it was sold to TV many years ago, at which time about 45 minutes was added to the film that knocked my socks off again leaving me to wonder why these scenes were not part of the film to begin with. Now the original release was about 128 minutes long and one day I found a copy of Superman The Movie claiming to run 154 minutes. All was about time. Wrong it was the original shorter version. The box lied. Now I just read the reviews regarding a Blu-Ray release again claiming 154 minutes running time. Has anybody actually timed the blu-ray to verify if this is true? I'm telling you that the network aired a version where almost every scene was extended. For example: the scene where Miss Desmucker is in the middle of the road supposedly injured and Larry Hagman as the ranking officer in the military convoy who has his men gather around her as he eagerly attempts mouth-to-mouth on her. In the extended version she quickly regains consciousness saying "alright, alright...and disgustingly asks: "by the way what did you have for dinner?" Can someone verify the actual running time of the blu-ray and tell me if the dialogue I described in in this version?

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 2:47:51 PM PST
To Ray.

You might have gotten a bad copy of Superman-The Movie on DVD for some reason. But I've owned it since the first 4 disc collection-The Complete Superman Collection which came out in 2001. That version of Superman-The Movie is 154 minutes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 29, 2013 8:25:21 AM PDT
kha nguyen says:
Hi Ray, the tv version had 49 minutes extra footage added to the scene and is much better in my opinion. I have an old vhs copy of this and it ran just over 3 hours. Kha.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Dec 2, 2006
Latest post:  Jun 29, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Superman the Movie [VHS]
Superman the Movie [VHS] by Christopher Reeve (VHS Tape - 1994)
4.5 out of 5 stars (830)