Published on February 27, 2012 by Cathio

1.0 out of 5 stars Please stick with .5 or lower to not get scarred
Published 10 months ago by newyearnewstart

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars TITANIUM, GOLD COATED NEEDLES - THE BEST ROLLER AVAILABLE AT THIS PRICE!!, February 27, 2012
This review is from: Derma Roller 1.5 mm 192 Pin Gold Plated Titanium Alloy Needles, A Common Cosmetic Procedure for Treating Many Conditions By Stimulating Collagen and Elastin Production. Repairs * Aged Skin * Acne Scarring * Wrinkles * Stretch Marks * Cellulite * Hair Loss *. In Addition Rollers Boost Effectiveness Of Skincare Products Up To 80% (Misc.)
I am new to this rolling thing. I am not one to follow fads or products which give false hope. I research first so I won't waste my time or money. After researching this product, I decided it is legit and will improve my skin texture, over time. I chose this particular brand because it is clearly superior to others I have considered, at least I think so! I liked this idea the needles are made of titanium instead of steel. I believe that makes them more bendable and less likely to break. I also like that they are coated with gold. I have always had allergies to different metals in earrings and have to get gold or platinum posts so i thought maybe this one would be less likely to cause an allergic reaction with me. I also appreciated the very fair price I paid for this. Other titanium needle rollers I found were more money. This roller comes with a plastic cover for the roller/needle part which is easy to open and close. It protects the roller when not in use. It is not something you want to leave lying around uncovered. It is very important to keep the roller needles sterilized (you can use alcohol) before each use since there is a slight chance of infection if the skin is broken and there is bacteria on the needles. So, be safe and keep it meticulously clean. The instructions that came with the unit are very clear and helpful.

It does make sense to me that this would work in decreasing wrinkles and tightening skin. When the skin is injured it repairs itself, thus, new collagen forms and skin is tightened and renewed. I have used it three times now. It is not painful to use, maybe a little uncomfortable at first, but I got used to it quickly. It left my skin with a slight sunburn type look for awhile but that subsided. I used it with moderate pressure. I thought there would be some tiny spots bleeding all over my face and neck but it only happened with one of the tiny punctures, so I must have been rolling it with too much pressure at that time. No big deal though. I have ordered a product with hyaluronic acid and matrixyl to use with it as those have both been proven to help improve wrinkles.

I am curious if anyone has used this in areas of their face where they have had face fillers. I intend to do that shortly and don' t want to do anything to ruin the results of it. Not sure if I should avoid the areas treated with filler, or not. If anyone knows the answer to this, please let me know.

I will do an update on this roller after I have used it for some time. I have taken 'before' photos so I can do a ' before and after" and know for sure if it works for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this thing!, October 17, 2012
As long as you keep up with your rolling routine, this product DOES WORK! I had extremely deep stretch marks from rapid weight gain in my younger years. I was most insecure about my inner arm stretch marks and the stretch marks on my chest area. I couldn't wear short sleeve shirts without keeping my arms close to my body, and tube tops were NOT an option.

I kept my routine of "rolling" Monday's and Friday's for a month. Then stopped. Started up again and now my arms are almost completely stretch mark free, as well as my chest area. Still working on my stomach, as those were the deepest. I have yet to replace it after having used it for 4 months. The needles are still as sharp as the day I bought it :). I will be purchasing again, once it needs to be replaced, but so far it's still rolling strong!

Now having cosmetic surgery is out the window. I have this great product, and I'm saving tons of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars It hurts but it works., May 20, 2013
Works really slow, but it works allright. You start building and resurfacing your skin. I recommend, due to the uncomfortable pain, roll a firm roll just once a week. If you roll for stretch marks, be very patient and use Olive oil after rolling or other vitamin e oil. On the days you do not roll pile on the cocoa butter cream. You will see them disappear and your skins looks beautiful and stretch mark free. Lot of work, but much cheaper than going to a surgeon or through a dermatologist.

5.0 out of 5 stars This work but slowly, December 31, 2012
This product works but you need patience. I have research before buying and trying this device. 1.5mm is the maximum length you can do at home. Derma-roller helps the skin to absorb skincare products better. Studies did find improvement of the scar but researchers have not conduct a long term study of the skincare products being absorb into the bloodstream. To be safe, I use natural oil such as coconut, vitamin e, grape seed, and extra virgin olive oil after I derma roll. It won't harm me since the oils are edible. After using it for about 8 months, my stretch marks have become smaller and more shallow. Do NOT listen to the box's instruction by doing it couple times a week. When you derma roll, you are damaging your skin and it needs time to heal so I suggest once every 6 weeks. I have tired every 2-3 weeks but I seen every 6 provides better results. You need to apply pressure and rolling is like shaving but more painful and irritating . The best way to tolerate the pain is to lightly roll the area and then apply pressure . If you are able to stretch the skin and roll at the same time, you will see faster and better results. Being itchy after rolling is very common. After I am done rolling, I applied the oil I mixed to the area that haven been rolled. I would wear something that protects my skin for 48 hours since it becomes sensitive. I washed the derma-roller with hot water and soak the derma-roller in alcohol for 30 minutes before and after I use it, to make sure you do not have any infection and the roller is clean.

This derma-roller is better than the micro-needle kind. The micro-needle roller's needle went in the roller on the 4th used. I think I have rolled +10 times with this one but the needle is not dull. Sometimes the roller makes a squeaky noise. I paid 40 for mine so it is a great deal.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, August 19, 2013
Being of a certain age, and wishing I was a little more youthful, I purchased the Derma Roller hoping for rejuvenation, if not instantly, then within a reasonable period of time.
I know the axiom is "no pain, no gain". And it is true. I was quite careful, but rolling a lot of small needles over ones face is tricky; faces are not flat.
Do I look more youthful? Hmm. Fortunately the price did not break the bank.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Effective Skin Care Treatment, March 22, 2014
I started with the original Roll-C.I.T. from Dr. Des Fernandez (Environ) and had been very pleased but wanted to see if the longer needles would make a difference and I am not disappointed. I've been "microneedling" for 9 years and just switched to the 1.5mm Derma Roller. The longer needles take some getting used to but there has been a noticeable improvement to the texture and appearance of my skin. The few wrinkles I have appear to be reduced by half after just 3 weeks of use (I microneedle 5 out of 7 days). I realize there is a lot of controversy regarding these rollers but I'll not stop using them just as I would not leave the house every day without first applying sun screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!!!, April 21, 2012
I have yet to find a product that works at home until now. So glad I don't have to pay some business hundreds of dollars to do this for me. I love that I paid a modest fee for something I can do on myself whenever I want without getting financially raped. Now, if only they'd sell fillers and botox in simple at home kits!! This product is easy to use and gives instant results. I use at night due to the redness it causes and by morning the skin is repaired, fresh, and I also get a healthy glow. Best product out there!

1.0 out of 5 stars Please stick with .5 or lower to not get scarred, January 26, 2014
I have been reading articles by so many people getting scarred with the larger needles and making their conditions worse that after I bought mine, I went to the medical studies on dermarolling and they said that the results of their tests was that there was a 30 to 40% benefit from using sizes as low as .2, but there was no additional benefit of using sizes over .60, and that the larger sizes can actually cause damage. The exception was if the pits were really deep, but they used needling instead on those sections.

5.0 out of 5 stars It seems to work, March 2, 2013
I haven't done this religously, but I feel like it's helped my stretch marks somewhat. I will update until further notice.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, February 6, 2013
Perfect! My skin is much better now!!! Thanks dermaroller for the great results... I recomend it for my friends :)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›