Does the Processor come with a Fan, Heatsink, and Thermal Paste or do I have to buy either or all of those separately?
asked by M. R. Castillo Torres on February 8, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 answers
A
votes
Yes, the fan is pre-attached to the heat-sink and includes pre-applied thermal paste. However, I would recommend an aftermarket cooler for over clocking.
Hayden answered on February 8, 2013

A
vote
It comes with the heat sink and the thermal paste already applied. You just put the processor in the socket and put the heat sink on top. The thermal paste is pre applied on the heat sink.
Danny answered on February 8, 2013

A
vote
It comes with a heatsink and fan with thermal paste already applied.

Depending on how much you want to push your processor, I would recommend finding a better heatsink since the one included is merely 'adequate' for normal uses. Mine has pretty high temps with even small overclocking with the stock cooler.
Joseph Young answered on February 8, 2013

A
vote
Yes, it includes all three. It's not the best, but it gets the job done.
Simon Dalzell answered on February 8, 2013

A
vote
It comes with a heatsink/fan with thermal paste already on it. Just place the fan assembly on top of the microprocessor and hook the 4 hold owns to your motherboard.
Pat Harrington answered on February 8, 2013

A
vote
Mr. Torres, it comes with all those. Thermal grease is almost always applied to CPU heatsinks these days. However, if you're technically inclined, I highly recommend getting a third-party grease like Arctic Silver 5. Only in the case when a processor is named as an OEM part or CPU Only will it be just that and nothing else. Should you replace your stock HSF unit for an aftermarket one, I recommend the Hyper 212 Plus. It's an exquisite HSF that works very well.
A.Tamas answered on February 8, 2013

A
votes
it comes with fan but you should buy hyper 212 cooler
Jesus Seferino answered on February 8, 2013

A
votes
Yes it does.
shawn answered on February 8, 2013

A
votes
Comes with Fan and Heatsink, paste is included on the sink. Not the highest quality fan/hs but it'll do the job fine. I bought a new heatsink for this processor.
EastCoast123 answered on February 8, 2013

A
votes
Comes with Fan and Heatsink, paste is included on the sink. Not the highest quality fan/hs but it'll do the job fine. I bought a new heatsink for this processor.
EastCoast123 answered on February 8, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›