Questions & Answers
Proctor -Silex 1 Liter Electric Kettle
by Proctor Silex
4.2 out of 5 stars (3,523)
$15.50
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 104 questions
votes
I called the company and asked them if there is BPA in the Electric Kettle and I was told that all of their units have been tested for lead and BPA and there are none. If you would like to call them and ask (like I did), their number is 877-474-1122. Have a nice day.
Jan 13, 2014 by N. Reynolds
votes
Yes, flip the lever up (on the handle) to start the heating process. The lever should be illuminated while heating. Once it reaches boiling temperature the lever will flip off (down) and the light will go off. Make sure the lid is snapped closed after filling with water. Hope this was helpful to you.
Jan 19, 2014 by M. Boyd
vote
There is a slot at the pouring spout. One way it will slide in.
Jan 4, 2013 by Kindle Customer
votes
1 cup will just cover the element. Their recommended minimum is about 1.5 cups.
Sep 17, 2013 by euerao
votes
Yes it is. It has the recycle code of 5 under the lid with the ">PP<" identifier below the recycle code.
Mar 7, 2013 by Chris Robson
votes
I have never gotten build up on the screen so I have not removed it. I'm sorry I cannot help with this one. Maybe call the company customer service number 1-800-851-8900.
Mar 23, 2014 by Robin
votes
BPA is not used in the manufacture of polypropylene, so if that is the only plastic used in this kettle, there is no BPA to be leeched. Polycarbonate is the most common plastic that has been shown to release BPA, as well as some resins that have been used to line cans.
Oct 21, 2009 by MouseLady
votes
Yes! And it's removable for cleaning.
Feb 20, 2014 by Diana Harris
votes
Depends on your altitude. If you're at or near sea level, water boils at 212. If you're a few thousand feet higher, you're out of luck without a pressure cooker.
Jan 27, 2014 by comm_scholar
votes
I use tap water, but if you have real hard water you might consider using distilled or purified water.
Feb 4, 2014 by MsReadsALot
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers