5.0 out of 5 stars top rated for a reason
Published 16 months ago by JM Herndon

2.0 out of 5 stars Broken within a week
Using the broiler feature for the 2nd time in 7 days, the glue that held the screws and handle together melted and the handle fell off. I didn't realize it was glued together, unfortunately. I was happy with the unit until this development. Before I purchase something else I'll attempt to fix on my own. Would not recommend based on this event.
Published 15 months ago by Michael Reiter

5.0 out of 5 stars top rated for a reason, April 7, 2013
This review is from: Proctor Silex 31111 Toaster Oven/Broiler, Black (Kitchen)
This is a basic toaster oven like your mom had. Even has dials rather than buttons. It is a bit slower than a pop-up toaster but does just as good a job. A plus is that the items don't cool off as quickly as they do once the toaster pops. Another is the traditional benefit of the toaster oven, it's ability to toast bread of odd sizes. Only down side is that the top and sides become very hot and take a while to cool down, so it needs to be where small children won't burn themselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for small kitchens, February 13, 2013
This review is from: Proctor Silex 31111 Toaster Oven/Broiler, Black (Kitchen)
If you want a simple toaster oven, this was is for you. Easy to read dials and smaller size make it perfect for condo living. Not something I would recommend for large families. It is lightweight and easily stored away from the counter top.

2.0 out of 5 stars Broken within a week, May 21, 2013
Michael Reiter (Parsippany, NJ, US) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Works... mostly, looks nice, small, August 8, 2013
This review is from: Proctor Silex 31111 Toaster Oven/Broiler, Black (Kitchen)
It's small and looks nice.

I was concerned about it having a single element at top and at bottom that it would not cook evenly, but it actually manage to cook things surprisingly evenly.

For broiling, I sometime like to leave the door partially open. This toaster over let you do that, but it is purely based on finding the spot where the door can be left in balance, it feels nice when you find that magic spot, but it can take a few tries to find it. My previous over had a more mechanical thing to help with that which was nice until it wore out and would not stay open at all. This one should not wear out in that sense, but if you like to have the door partially open while cooking and you don't want to spend time finding the right spot, be aware of this.

Controls are good except for the fact that turning it off can be problematic. The OFF position lacks any kind of physical feedback (something that should do clock when you get to off) to let you know you reach the correct spot. Given that the timer functionality is on one side of off and the permanent on is on the other side, the result is that most people trying to stop the timer early end up putting it in the permanent ON position which I view as a safety hazard. Further more on a couple of occasion the timer failed to stop the toaster over turning what ever was inside it into ashes (BIG SAFETY CONCERN). This is the reason I don't give it five star.

It doesn't have a built in light, but the heating element end up creating all the light you need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, February 16, 2013
This review is from: Proctor Silex 31111 Toaster Oven/Broiler, Black (Kitchen)
This toaster oven works and looks great. The size is perfect and it is very easy to use. The timer and the settings are great as well..Exactly, what I was looing for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product for the money!, April 10, 2013
This review is from: Proctor Silex 31111 Toaster Oven/Broiler, Black (Kitchen)
Have had this toaster/oven for a month now. It is very simple to use if you follow the instructions. The one drawback is that the tray does not slide out automatically as in some models. Once the door is open you need to carefully pull back the hot grate to retrieve the toast. I personally use small tongs. All in all it is a perfect choice for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy so far!, April 25, 2013
This review is from: Proctor Silex 31111 Toaster Oven/Broiler, Black (Kitchen)
It's been extremely frustrating trying to find a toaster oven that did not have a lot of negative reviews much less one that was smaller in size. This toaster oven only had 3 reviews but they were all 5 star so I decided to give it a try. I figured even if it only lasted a few years it would be worth the risk for $30.

I've had the unit about a month and am very happy! It heats quickly. The size is just what I wanted. The design is tasteful. Hopefully, it will continue operating well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted!, March 5, 2013
This review is from: Proctor Silex 31111 Toaster Oven/Broiler, Black (Kitchen)
I had a toaster oven just like this one in college! It is very attractive and is already being used daily at our home. I have toasted bread, cooked butternut squash, and warmed bacon in it. Wow! How much money I can save with it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for our needs, April 4, 2013
This review is from: Proctor Silex 31111 Toaster Oven/Broiler, Black (Kitchen)
This is just what we needed. Small and easy to operate. It is saving us money too because we don't have to use a large oven to heat small items. It is also very useful for toasting long pieces of bread which we do a lot.

1.0 out of 5 stars TOASTER OVEN BROILER PROCTOR/SILEX, November 25, 2013