Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on March 12, 2007
I like the working quality of this blender - it cuts fast and turns food into smooth pure. Easy to clean is a plus also. Only problem is comfort - it's too big for my grip and it's difficult to push button all the time. Blender will be ideal if Proctor Silex changes button into svich ON/OFF unit (like in regular mixer).
on March 8, 2006
Only for SMALL pots/bowls; can only be immersed 4 inches. Does not separate (like the Braun models). As a result, the blender cannot be put into a dishwasher for real cleaning. Spend a bit more, get a better model.
on December 28, 2008
This blender is definitely not for anything major. I didn't expect it to have such little power. It took ages to blend cooked vegetables in soup but would be OK for blending ice cream or a powdered drink. I had a Braun one that could blend raw fruit. There is no way this one would. Also you can't immerse it very far so as I said if you're looking to blend a big pot of soup, which is what I was hoping to do, you're out of luck.
VINE VOICEon May 7, 2010
I had been shopping around for a hand blender for making ice cream bases but had been put off by the cost of many of the hand blenders out there. I discovered this on Amazon and decided to try this because if it was a lousy item I'd only be out just a tad over $12.00.

This hand blender is EXCELLENT for the price. It is sturdy, takes heat very well, blends excellently (at one speed), won't scratch your cookware or pots due to the heavy duty plastic exterior, and cleans up very easily. You can't go wrong buying this unless you really need something with more than one speed or tons of attachments. This hand blender is great for the price. You cannot go wrong with this machine. I have no regrets with this purchase.
on August 22, 2005
Great blender! Proctor Silex has made a good quality inexpensive kitchen tool which is very useful.
on December 14, 2009
So, about 2 months ago I bought a super powerful Breville stand Blender, which I love, but decided for large batches of soup that it was too tedious to only fill the container half full then find a place to store the blended soup while blending more unblended soup.

Enter the Proctor Silex Immersion Blender.

Fabulous. Easy to blend, easy to clean, only one dish. Fabulous.

However, the blade is really small, smaller than expected really. I tried this out in a soup with pumpkin, squash and apples - cooked on the stovetop for roughly 30-40 mins. It blended everything fine and I was really impressed that this very tiny blade had such a powerful blender behind it. Per the instructions I moved the blender up and down in the pan while moving around and it was blended in about 1 min (or less, i'm not a good judge of time). Either way, much faster than my super powerful Breville Blender, only because i didn't have to transfer and clean up 2 extra pans! My stand blender does however make shorter work of the actual blending time and the Protor Silex does not blend as thoroughly, but it is hardly noticeable to anyone but me as a blended soup perfectionist.

It's powerful, but it has a small blade - and you do need to hold the button down to get it to run constantly. "Variable" speed based only on how you firm you hold the button. Clean up was simple - after I was done, I ran the end under a faucet and it was clean.

For the $12 I paid, it's perfect and I cannot expect more.
on February 24, 2008
I found the product to be great for the price. I'm starting to make soap so the stick blender was purchased specifically for that. I use it to blend the liquids until they thicken a bit. It works great for me. I would consider purchasing another for kitchen use.

It is also very easy to clean. The outside wipes clean and the blades are easily cleaned by running the blender for a few seconds in soap water.
on March 6, 2012
I purchased the hand blender because of its good price, and I'm completely satisfied with it. It blends hot soups into creamed soups with ease and makes nice smoothies out of soft fruits and milk or yogurt. It rinses off easily and has a nice, long cord for ease of access from outlet to your work area.

I'm not sure why people have had problems. Either the quality control is poor (my unit is well made, but perhaps others are not?), or perhaps people were using it to do inappropriate, heavier tasks like those for an electric mixer or a big blender. It works great for, say, pureeing cooked cauliflower in broth to make cream of cauliflower soup, and cooked black beans to make bean puree (added to chili, it's smooth and delicious, BTW). Also worked well with berries and yogurt.

The one reviewer's complaint that the button hurt her finger after pushing so hard tells me that some people might be using this, say, to mash potatoes or for other heavy jobs. True, there is a point on the button (odd design), but you're not pushing the button for minutes at a time. It's meant to be pushed intermittently in bursts. The diameter of the blades is about 1 to 1.5 inches--you're not going to be mashing a big pot of potatoes with this tool. That would be like cleaning your kitchen floor with a toothbrush.

Anyway, I love this tool and love not having the mess of making hot, pureed soups in a blender.
on November 3, 2008
I bought this to make baby food and it does a great job. So much easier than using my big blender and then having to clean up so much stuff. But yes - that button HURTS. What were they thinking? I use it only for little amounts of food and even then it hurts my finger. Thats why I give this 4 stars only
on July 28, 2011
This thing works well at a good price. It is big, though. Though you can see a line running horizontally across the middle of the thing in the pictures, don't let that fool you. The bottom part does not detach. If you use this to mix your supplements at work, as I do, you then have to traipse through the hall to the break room to clean it, leaving everyone to gawk as you lug around what appears suspiciously like a sex toy with a long white cord. Be secure in your manhoood (or womanhood) before you purchase this thing for certain applications.