4.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!
This iron is awesome for such a low price. It heats up VERY fast and produces a great amount of steam. The water spray feature is very accurate and is a strong steady stream. I havent had any issues with it as far as it leaking. It presses clothes and leaves a nice crisp press that last all day without that burnt iron smell. I love this iron!
Published on January 25, 2012 by College Girl

1.0 out of 5 stars Not "im-PRESSED" lol
I just finished a lengthy review of the wonderful Black & Decker Iron that i bought after returning this iron, so I'm kind of "out of steam" (omg, also on a roll with puns or whatever, i guess.)
Published on June 27, 2012 by msborn2late

4.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!, January 25, 2012
This review is from: Proctor Silex 17291R Durable Iron with Nonstick Soleplate and Adjustable Steam (Misc.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little iron for the money, April 14, 2012
Great little iron for the money. Lightweight, heats up fast, gets the wrinkles out. Does exactly what it is supposed to do.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cheap iron, October 24, 2013
I picked one of these up at my local hardware store and I wanted to check out the reviews to see if it was worth my money. After reading a lot of the negative comments, I felt compelled to write a review since I think many people had unrealistic expectations for this item. This is a $15 iron. It is not the iron for you if you are a compulsive ironing madman. It is lightweight, it is probably relatively cheaply manufactured and won't hold up to heavy use. A small part of the non-stick surface came off right out of the box, but it works just fine without it and doesn't look like it's going to keep peeling.

HOWEVER if you are someone like me with little space and who doesn't iron all that frequently this is the perfect little iron. Yes, it is lightweight - so put a little pressure down on in when you're ironing, or pay more money for a heavier iron. It works fine. A lot of complaints were about water leaking, which I haven't tried, but I have always just kept a spray bottle on hand and used that while ironing and that works just fine. It meets my needs and I don't have to invest a ton of money into a product I'll use once or twice a year. Great for a college student.

5.0 out of 5 stars Iron, January 6, 2013
I bought this iron for my son for Christmas. He needed an iron and I needed one that wouldn't cost too much. He's been using the fire out of it and is very pleased with it. I have personally found that on any steam iron, (and I have owned several in the past 30 years) the steam function is tricky. If you don't let the iron heat up enough, it leaks out water onto what you're ironing - sometimes making a dirty mess that you have to launder and can't wear immediately. Sometimes the iron is accidentally knocked over and spills water. So, my remedy for this problem is simply using a spray bottle filled with distilled water. I spritz and iron - works like a charm, never makes a mess. I recommended this to my son and even gave him a 97 cent spray bottle along with the iron. If you're looking for an inexpensive iron, we'd recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not "im-PRESSED" lol, June 27, 2012
This iron was the worst iron i have ever had, for the hour that that I had it. I accidentally ordered two, so I am told, so I paid to return one, and amazon picked up the return on the other one... well, it's still in my car, but they paid for the label, anyway.
This iron would not stand up on my ironing board (a bit plush, has 2 covers, but still.) The water pours out the back almost as fast as i can pour it in the hole. The "hole" lid won't stay open while you are pouring water in, so 3 hands needed right off the bat.
All in all, i found this cheap, mass-produced (it's also a Hamilton Beach, so be careful) imported from china iron to be ready for the landfill.
Don't waste your money. I bought this based on the really good reviews- but I'm sorry, I can't say one good thing about it, except i thought the seafoam pale aqua colour to be kinda pretty. But... there is a pink one i like more.
no no no... very poor quality iron.
thanks.

1.0 out of 5 stars spits and leaks, July 7, 2013
not your mothers iron.. Yes it's cheap and your gonna get what you paid for, Yea they all get hot so it's about the lousy way the steam action works or rather doesn't.. A don't buy,, matter of fact can I still send mine back ???

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible! the water poured out from the sides----- what a mess---threw it away!, April 16, 2013
terrible! the water poured out from the sides------ what a mess---threw it away! would not recommend this iron to anyone---sorry!

5.0 out of 5 stars Iron, August 9, 2013
My old steam iron wasn't steaming too much (I think it ends up rusting on the inside and clogging up the holes). I bought this one and what a difference! The steam is great. It took me a couple of tries to fill it with water without leaving a big puddle. I use a funnel and keep the iron on an angle, and now I do fine with it. The top is some kind of partly see-through plastic. If I have a strong light on, I can see the water level as I fill it up, and I don't overfill it like I did the first couple of times. It puts out so much steam, that after about 15 minutes, I have to fill up the water again. I don't mind the extra fillings, as long as it puts out a bunch of steam. And it does. I'm very happy with my purchase. I should have replaced my old one a long time ago.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a good product., December 8, 2013
Did not work the way I intended. Water started spilling out of the steam outlets onto the cloth. Uneven temparature on the surface.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Convient, July 1, 2013
L Simmons (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
I like this little light weight iron. It is the perfect size, weight and it gets the job done. It fell once, but is still working fine and I really like the steam setting.