5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Toaster

Published 23 months ago by MarmaladeMadness

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Toaster, November 12, 2011
Beabea (Chicago, Illinois USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Proctor Silex 2 Slice Bagel Toaster, Red (Kitchen)
Like other reviewers we bought this because it looks good. That said, it is a nice basic toaster. It toasts evenly, and it has the basic shade selector. There is a cord wrap on the bottom which is nice if you put this away when not in use. The bagel setting toasts the sliced side while warming the round side. The outside is cool to the touch. You can find this for under twenty dollars if you shop around.

5.0 out of 5 stars goldenbear49, January 15, 2012
This review is from: Proctor Silex 2 Slice Bagel Toaster, Red (Kitchen)
i wanted bright red--it is. i read some of the reviews which said it didn't toast evenly--a situation i was having with my current toaster. but i thought i'd take the chance and am so glad i did. it is a nice design and stays on my kitchen counter. it toasts so evenly i can't believe it. it also has the cancel and bagel buttons...super toaster. i would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good, solid workmanship, yet easy on the eyes product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Eh ok, August 27, 2012
This review is from: Proctor Silex 2 Slice Bagel Toaster, Red (Kitchen)
Looks super cheap. Even on low setting burns toast so you have to stand there and manually make it pop out early. Also...fun fact...if you let it finish on its own it launches your toast across the room like a projectile. My dog loves it. Its always a contest to see who ends up w the toast. If it wasnt so cheap I'd give it less stars. But it does make toast....w proper supervision.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little toaster, December 18, 2011
This review is from: Proctor Silex 2 Slice Bagel Toaster, Red (Kitchen)
This toaster is great value for money. The slots are wide enough for bagels and it has a 'cancel' function if you want to stop midway through the toasting. It heats up very quickly and the dial allows you toast from a little to very well done. I love the bright cheery red color and would recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Toasting Perfection, August 24, 2012
This review is from: Proctor Silex 2 Slice Bagel Toaster, Red (Kitchen)
As I've learned from personal experience, the market is flooded with toasters that are unable to do the one thing they should do, which is make a good piece of toast. America's Test Kitchen is sort of like the Consumer Reports of cooking, so when they reviewed toasters and rated one as a best buy, I immediately tracked it down and bought it. What a disappointment it was. I felt guilty buying another toaster so soon again, but after reading the reviews on this one, I decided it would be worth a try. The price was right and the reviews were good. Boy, was I ever in for a great surprise the first time I used it! Not only did it toast my bread to an even perfection, it popped the slice right out of the toaster onto my plate! However, when I used the toaster this morning it didn't repeat the spectacular performance. This toaster delivers exactly what I've been looking for over the years. It makes an evenly toasted piece of bread with no burned spots, just as a toaster should. If you buy this toaster you won't be disappointed. Oh, and on top of everything else, it looks so cool and retro. What more could a person want?

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Color, Hot Price, Hot Performance, July 5, 2012
Scott E. High (Punta Gorda, FL USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Proctor Silex 2 Slice Bagel Toaster, Red (Kitchen)
It is almost unbelievable to me to spend $20.00 for a product that actually works better than I expected. What an excellent (cheap but good) gift this would make. I would advise new owners to run it through its cycle a few times to get rid of the hot metal smell. And with this toaster, 'dark' means dark. Buy it and enjoy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome deals, August 31, 2011
This review is from: Proctor Silex 2 Slice Bagel Toaster, Red (Kitchen)
I like the toaster first because its red. Also because it looks like an antique toaster and its also a bagel toaster. So you dont have to smush the bagel when you go to heat it up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toaster, January 7, 2012
This review is from: Proctor Silex 2 Slice Bagel Toaster, Red (Kitchen)
The Proctor Silex toaster is great,the color is just what I wanted.It toast the bread evenly on both sides looks great on my counter with the other read appliances...It arrived in about three working days loved the fast service...Dar

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine performance, good buy!, March 19, 2012
This review is from: Proctor Silex 2 Slice Bagel Toaster, Red (Kitchen)
I was initially put off because I had trouble with NY-sized bagels getting stuck and bending the flimsy support wires holding the "toast." But when I learned to cut the bagels VERY evenly, they could be coaxed to pop up. And regular toast is quick and easy.

That said, I'm really happy with the performance. It's one of the cheapest under $30 toasters, and has proven to operate well (it toasts).

1.0 out of 5 stars Edited review: Don't buy this!!!, August 8, 2012
SAR (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Proctor Silex 2 Slice Bagel Toaster, Red (Kitchen)
Purchased May 28, 2012. Toaster went to be with its ancestors June 2013. I called Proctor Silex and asked for a replacement. Because the toaster was 1 month out of warranty, I would be charged shipping. When I objected politely, the customer service rep said it wasn't worth the good PR for them to pay for shipping . He then hung up on me.

I called the corporate office and a new toaster was sent at no charge. It arrived last week and died yesterday. The piece of wire that pushes up the toast came loose inside and jammed the mechanism. I called PS again this morning. I was told that they had already shipped me a replacement toaster when they they were not obligated to do so, and they would not replace it again.

There are no little kids or teenagers in my home who might be rough on a toaster. These are cheaply-made junk!

I sincerely apologize to anyone who purchased this on my previous recommendation!

Previous review: It's a toaster. It makes toast. It has a "done-ness" setting. It hasn't burned anything or set the house on fire. It looks cute on my counter. So, as far as I'm concerned, it has met its contractual obligations to me. I'm not really a "Toaster designed by NASA" kind of person, so I would I recommend this product to folks who want a no-frills, generic toaster.

Proctor Silex 2 Slice Bagel Toaster, Red