Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on September 25, 2013
Be careful to maximize tire pressure BEFORE the first ride. I blew a tube on a killer pothole riding at night.
The bike shop replaced the tube. They said the tube was high quality but they put in a thicker tube and pumped it up to 65 psi.
They also remarked about the high quality of this bike and didn't even wince at the $1000.00 price tag.
This bike is high quality and American made. It is worth paying more for NON-CHINESE crap.
Personally I think this bike is sold below market value for it's high quality. It has shocks in the seat and front fork shocks.
It also has a front disk brake.
The battery was so light in the box, I thought they forgot the battery. I haven't run it at distance yet I've owned it for two weeks.
I can out-run a fast dog on flat ground with a slight tailwind, and I'm 210 pounds, 6 feet tall.
This bike is great for night riding with it's built in LED high power tail-light. You only need a good headlight and your ready to go.
I took my time and set this bike up in about 15 minutes (out of box).
It feels very light to me, and I'm in my 50's. With the battery pack you can ride like you were a kid again (but easier).
E-bikes come and go but I think this manufacturer is here to stay and keep their prices low to gain market share.
Someday we will all be riding E-bikes as fossil fuels diminish and become more expensive.
This aluminum bike will never rust and should last a lifetime. Just don't jump curbs with it or hit really bad potholes.

I haven't tested the range for more than 4 miles yet but I'll try to keep updating as time goes on. The battery is slightly awkward to slide in and out because the bike tends to want to roll back when you pull it. It would be an improvement if prodeco could make the battery pull up instead of backwards or at least
make it less sticky when you pull. I still love this bike.
on August 3, 2013
This basically a well made bike that does what it says and is fairly light weight for folding and carrying. It would be nice if it had multi-speed gears but that would add to weight, complexity and expense of course. The one gear that is supplied is quite low which limits peddling speed rather severely. Proper tire inflation is important, especially for heavier riders. I have not yet approached the limits of battery charge life but it seems more than adequate for ordinary use. You can always peddle it home if need be.
on April 6, 2014
This is a good bike, and I think it represents a great value for money among electric bikes. Mine required a little out-of-the-box work to be ridable, and response from Prodeco has been slower than I'd like.

What I like: It's relatively light, compact, and very nimble. I'm 6'3" and it actually fits fine with adjustments. (I was skeptical.) Battery life is adequate as long as you don't expect the motor to do all the work.

What I didn't like: it arrived with a flat tube, which I later traced to a sharp edge inside the wheel. (One of the holes for spoke attachment had a raised sharp edge, which I had to file down.)

What I really don't like: I sent Prodeco a message through their website a couple business days ago about the flat tube, and it's crickets so far. The confirmed receiving my warranty registration, so I guess that's something.

I guess the best way to understand these bikes is - they're trying to offer electric bikes of reasonable quality at the lowest prices possible. While the bike is US-assembled, many of the components are of Chinese origin. Some corners are cut here and there, but if you can live with a few rough edges, I think you'll get your money's worth. I don't like the radio silence on the warranty inquiry, though.
on March 14, 2015
Very well made, balanced bike. Rides well for me but I'm a smaller person (5'3") with short legs. A couple of things to be aware of: the battery is REALLY hard to put back it; it seems to stick on the last half inch or so. It was recommended by someone to spray some Pam (yes, the stuff you use to cook with!) on the sliding part. Once I did that it works like a charm. The other issue I had was there's no rack on the back that will allow attaching panniers or bake bag. After much searching I found a rack that will fit under the battery and controller mount; supporting them and allowing rails to mount bags. It can be found on Amazon "Ventura Universal Bicycle Carrier Rack" for under $20. So far it's worked very well. I'm not a bike commuter; only use it a couple of times a week for leisure and to go to the store. And at 70 year old I'm not into speed so I don't know how well or far it will go at top speeds. I do 10-15 mile rides and it's very comfortable. Haven't maxed out the battery yet.
review image
on September 12, 2013
Where I live is really hilly and this does the trick just fine for getting around. Charges quickly and takes a bit of riding to drain the battery.
on January 27, 2014
I have this model and the Prodeco outlaw. The Mariner is a great bike for getting around town. It's lots of fun, its quick especially if you peddle the single-speed to accelerate. Peddling makes a huge difference if you want that extra speed or acceleration. You can ride this bike without battery assist.

The Outlaw is a huge step up. If you want a bike that is fast and longer range, go for the outlaw. For compact size, fun and agility this is a great bike.
on February 14, 2014
I bought this bicycle as a low maintenance means for getting to work. It does get me to and from work on one charge, but the range is WOEFULLY overestimated. It will work in my hilly city, but only for 5 miles with generous pedalling to help it up brutal hills. Still it works well enough. The company fixed mine for free when it's wires were damaged. I ONLY had to pay $75 shipping and handling for the battery and other repairs.
on October 23, 2014
I bought this for my wife. When I took it out of the box, I noticed the bell didn't work, but no big deal I suppose. However, the bike does not glide - constant pedal pressure needed to keep it moving. Worst of all, the rotation pin that locks the battery in place will not turn, so it's never been used. The best response I have received from the vendor is to wiggle the key and push with my thigh - which of course has no effect whatsoever. No response on how I access the warranty. This bike cost over $1000 and I am trying to find out how I can return it without costing me more than I've already paid for shipping, taxes etc. Very disappointed after the glossy brochure drew me in. Keep clear of this product.
on July 14, 2013
lets compare... price...speed...distance..which means autonomy for driving.... I'm thinking on using to go to my work place..and ..with this price... and the ddistance I have to drive.... and the size of the bike... It fix my needs.. I guess i'll buy this one.
44 comments|One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 30, 2013
I do not have much money and saw this bike and the price and wanted to know is this a good bike and price for to commute to and from work etc. I would like someones helpful advice.
66 comments|One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse