on September 16, 2012
highly recommended because:
1) It arrived very well packaged, in a foam filled strong box. The bike arrived folded, and all its external sides were protected with extra semi-hard foam pads. It takes just a few minutes to put it together. The battery was charged, according to the light indicators, but when I plugged it in, it took about 2 hours for it to fully charge (green light on the charger). The parts (petals, brakes, derailleur, chain, and the frame) are of very high quality. The brake lines also. The multi tool that came with it is also useful.
2) When unfolded, and the seat and the handle bar are inserted, the bike is ready to ride. The wheels were fully inflated. The brakes are very good and properly adjusted. The tires are also of good quality. The seat is comfortable enough for half an hour ride.
3) It is all USA made (almost!) except the charger. Very good quality frame, although a bit too heavy to curry with you on the train folded.
4) It has a very good battery which supplies the motor with enough power to get you around easily. The fact that the motor in mounted on the front wheel, allows you to pedal on demand, without any interference. I have not taken it to hills yet, but riding in the city (Miami) is a pleasure. I can go to the metro rail on a suit without a sweat!
5) It has a easy to use on off switch, which is very useful as you carry the bike in and out of the house, or the train (so that you do into accidentally turn the motor on). It has 7 gears, which cover all city driving conditions.
Overall this bike is highly recommended by me.
on July 16, 2013
Bike was very well packed but when I tried to plug in the battery for the first time, the plug prong base was cracked so that prongs spread apart - serious defect!! Very disappointed! Thank you Amazon for your excellent customer service and very easy return system which I promptly used to return the bike - couldn't have been easier. Unfortunately, won't be ordering another one.