Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Prodigy AutoCode Talking Blood Glucose Monitoring Meter Kit
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on October 1, 2011
North Carolina Medicaid recipients beware...

These meters are very unreliable, and have been responsible for sending Type I diabetics to various emergency rooms across the state. Doctors have even complained, in writing, to various state representatives about these lousy meters, too.

Prodigy paid the state of NC several million dollars for exclusive rights to supply the state's Medicaid recipients with diabetic test meters. Therefore, said recipients are no longer allowed to choose a meter of their choice.

Our meter(s) have / has been off by as many as 50 points within two minutes of separate testings. As of this writing, I am in touch with our local state representative about reexamining North Carolina's contract with Prodigy.

In the mean time, I suggest using True Results meters, or some other top brand. Don't endanger your health by using faulty test meters & strips from Prodigy.
on February 25, 2012
Purchased this and the needed test strips due to the price but when I began to check my sugar readings, it always seemed 25-50 points higher than it has been running. I had also ordered the test strips but the meter box contained 10 strips inside the meter box so I had started using them. I thought maybe those were old or something and that was the reason for it reading higher so I decided to try the new box of strips that I'd ordered. Checked the expiration date on them, of course, and they were definitely NOT old. So I tested again....same thing as before. The readings continued to be about 25-50 points higher with these strips and meter. Thankfully, I still had my Reli-On brand meter and a few strips. So I began checking it twice, once with this brand and again with the Reli-On. The Prodigy was ALWAYS MUCH higher than the Reli-On. Since I'm feeling fine, I'm just going back to the Reli-On brand. Oh, and be aware....IF you buy this kind of product and it doesn't work...Amazon WON'T take it back, from what I understand. You've just spent your money for nothing. I won't do this again.
on December 4, 2012
I bought this model after mine went the way of "Old Yeller" by falling into a cooler of water (oops). I have researched online and this model is considered (by my sources) to be "moderately accurate" in measuring blood glucose levels. But when comparing to other meters and the money they cost, and the strips being so much higher, I decided to go this route. If there are doubts about a certain level I simply retest. I haven't encountered any problems with this unit or the one prior (until it went swimming). lol. I think this model would be extremely valuable to a person that could not read so well due to vision problems etc. Good luck, hope I helped.
on January 5, 2013
I did a personal comparison of meters including Nova Max, Trueresult, Freestyle lite, Contour, One Touch ultra mini, Accu-chex, Embrace talking meter, Relion Prime, and Prodigy talking. My test was for 10 days and I took blood once a day for each meter (all tests were in the morning - fasting). I saw a lot of difference in the readings and judged my results from ease of use, price, result continuality, Of these meters the Prodigy was my second favorite behind the Freestyle lite. The advantages of the prodigy over the others it speaks your results, the test strips are cheaper than all the others except the Relion. and the numbers seamed to stay in a range it should be in. This test was done on my own so it was not done in a laboratory so my results are not scientific just my honest opinion.

Click Here

Other Related Searches

Relion

on February 18, 2013
I have all gifferent typs of meters the true test and all the others
I have no insuranse, so if a test strip is a buck than 50 strips will be 50 bucks and more
this will be my second prodigy one for my kitchen, and one for my back pack/ car
the price is good and the test strips price is great when bought in a bundle
on September 28, 2012
Started using the Prodigy meter two weeks ago---Prodigy AutoCode Talking Blood Glucose Monitoring Meter Kit. The meter works fine, but I found the diabetes management software (download from Prodigy website) to be very, very limited compared with other programs I have used. Only one type report and a couple of graph formats. It will not calculate standard deviations or a trend line except for daily averages and meal times. Might be okay for those who don't want anything but the very basics in reports.
on August 29, 2015
Arrived in good condition. This meter reads very high, sometimes as much as 30 to 40 points higher than my other meters. I do not think it is accurate and this makes a big difference when you are supposed to adjust the amount of insulin that you take, based on your reading.
on January 20, 2013
nice inexpensive blood machine,It talks,the lancets are inexpensive,the test strips also,I would recomend this product to any one needing a blood meter,I have beenusing thr Acu Check Comfort Strip for years,Ilike thee Prodigy better
on June 23, 2013
I have had several meters but I like this one the best. It doesn't take much blood and it stores the readings and times for you. I am very pleased just like I have been with everything I've gotten at Amazon
on June 8, 2016
I bought this meter for less than 12.00. I have one 3 years old and it is not functioning properly and the suppl;ioer would not replace machine as medicare will only allow one machine per 5 years.
good machine. They charge too much to medicare for this machine if I can buy one for 12.00 No wonder our medicare program is costly, no one there knows how to negotiate costs.