Customer Discussions > Celebrity In Death forum

Product Description for "Celebrity in Death"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 26, 2011 9:50:20 PM PDT
Blue Lady says:
Amazon has done it again! This product description was posted on the German site. Looking forward to it!

"Lieutenant Eve Dallas is no party girl, but she's managing to have a reasonably good time at the celebrity-packed bash celebrating The Icove Agenda, a film based on one of her famous cases. It's a little spooky seeing the actress playing her, who looks almost like her long-lost twin. Not as unsettling, though, as seeing the actress who plays Peabody?drowned in the lap pool on the roof of the director's luxury building. Talented but rude, and widely disliked, K.T. Harris had made an embarrassing scene during dinner. Now she's at the center of a crime scene?and Eve is more than ready to get out of her high heels and strap on her holster, to step into the role she was born to play: cop. "

I ready for it - only 7 months! <sigh>

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2012 5:09:12 PM PST
Nelida Rojo says:
I can't wait for this one i have the whole collection

Posted on Jan 29, 2012 4:04:05 AM PST
MaxineSap says:
I can't wait either. There is too much time between books. Will Nora do a novella this time. I have not seen the short book she has come out with the last few times. It is hard to find really good books and the Death Series is one of the best.

Posted on Feb 9, 2012 9:17:23 AM PST
This isn't a new book it's a retitle like from NY to Dallas.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 10:01:03 AM PST
Blue Lady says:
I'm not sure I understand you. From NY to Dallas WAS a new novel - and a very good one. Celebrity in Death starts soon after at the premier of the movie made from the Icove - cloaning case. If you go to the JD Robb website you can read an excerpt from it. There was a compilation published a few months ago that included all of her more recent novellas, so that may be what you are referring to. I'm ready for a new Eve and Roark book. I don't usually care for Robb's novellas. They are usually part of a fantasy or sci-fi genre anthology and she seems to be forced to really step away from the world she has created for 2060. They usually don't progress the story along and include too many bizarre situations (even for a future placed series). I read them, but don't usually buy them...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 9, 2012 10:14:21 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Mar 19, 2012 1:49:13 PM PDT
SlapHappy says:
Blue Lady, you are right, of course. I am interested to see what Arlene comes back with after her research.

Posted on Mar 27, 2012 7:26:43 PM PDT
P. Keadle says:
I hate myself for saying I really didn't enjoy Celebrity all that much. Very little friction, very little "plot" and not enough interest. I unfortunately figured it out...something I hardly ever do in a JDR book. It was almost as if it were one from column A, one from column and then a paragraph or two ad libbed. Nora can do ever so much better.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Celebrity In Death forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jul 26, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Celebrity In Death
Celebrity In Death by J.D. Robb (Hardcover - February 21, 2012)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (655)