Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now DOTD

on October 2, 2012
Haven't yet used the cleaning pen, but all other parts are great. I was searching for a cleaning set for my prime Sony lenses and Zeiss filters and this has everything included. Usually I start a cleaning with the air blower and the brush to remove all dust. Than with the microfiber cloth and the cleaner, I clean the lens from fingerprints or spots. This worked well with the cleaning kit and I have my 2 travel lenses, Sony SAL70300G and SAL1680Z, in perfect condition for the next shots. The cleaner will last for a while, because the spray can be well dosed.
Delivery was earlier than estimated.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2013
Just got this in the mail. Everything included in the order was shipped in one simple package. It acually came with 3 good microfiber cloths PLUS one awesome keychain pouch that has another cleaning cloth sewn into it. All in all, thinking about how much just ONE microfiber cloth is at a store, you actually get a great deal considering this comes with FOUR cloths alone. It also comes with a pretty powerful blower to blow dust away from your lens, sensor, etc. (While using this blower, be sure to keep your index and thumb fingers of your left hand on the blue piece of the blower while pressing the bulb with the right hand, this way if you press the bulb and too much air flows at least the blue piece won't hit your actual lens while blowing it.) It also came with a brush, cleaning solution, and a pen-brush. They all seem like decent quality and I'm glad to have recieved this because I'm leaving for a trip on the 15th of this month.

Yes, I'd recommend this to someone who is just getting into photography or even to someone who is looking to save a few bucks. It's a simple quality kit that works.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 11, 2013
I imagine you get what you pay for. I paid little so I got little in the quality department.
Problem no. 1: I was blowing the dust from my sensor when the blue tip from the blower shot off and hit my camera sensor...this is BAD news. The tip is hardly on there, held by friction only and that is not enough when you try to blow away a stubborn piece of dust. My sensor is now scratched and I know these guys are not replacing my camera.
Problem no 2: the brushes are OK but soon after use some of the hairs start to fall off, you then have to blow them off with the blower...just make sure you hold on to that tip or you may end up with a scratched lens as well.
Problem no 3: this is not so important but the microfiber cloths... I have had better, these feel less smooth and less soft than some of the brands shipped with tvs and scanners. your camera lenses are not cheap either so they deserve better.

Bottom line: Don't Risk It!!!!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2015
Very cheap! Poor packaging. The metal and plastic brush fell apart as I was taking it out of the package. The cleaning solution was in a ziplock bag to keep any leakage from getting all over everything else ... but the bag was too small and could not be closed. Luckily it did not leak. Personally, I would recommend buying individual components of higher quality from a local camera shop, that way you know what you are getting, that's what I plan to do next time.
on June 10, 2014
This pack certainly seems like a good value. The main problem I had was that the microfiber cloths were not clean even when sealed in their packaging, resulting in a damaged filter. On arrival, I set down with the kit to clean my SLR lenses and filters. The brush and air blower worked well. I tool one of the microfiber cloths from its sealed plastic packaging and buffed the filter. Immediately the the filter scratched. I did a double-take and looked carefully at the cloth and noticed little specks on it. I took the cloth into the lab I work in today and checked it out under our high-mag dissecting scope and saw that the specks were chunks of dirt/dust and (what looked like) skin flakes. I checked the other two cloths that come with the kit and one of them was dirty as well (both the black ones were dirty) while the other was admittedly spotless. While I could have checked the cloths prior to using, I think most would assume they are clean when sealed. As it is, I only lost a $25 filter. Thankfully I didn't start with a lens! As a whole, this kit is a good value for all the pieces (though I haven't tried the pen cleaner yet), but it wasn't worth losing a filter worth more than the whole kit. If you do buy, I'd recommend washing the microfibers prior to use.
on March 6, 2013
I decided to go with the purchase of this item because of many of the great product reviews and I'd like to add to that. The package arrived in great shape and the items ordered were exactly what I expected. These items are amazing for 14.00. There is no reason to spend 60.00 on a simple cleaning kit. If you take care of your equipment and you need to touch up a lens because of a bit of dust or if you need to remove smudge prints then this will be good for you. If you dropped your lens or body in dirt or water, then do not expect these to get your system clean because they will fall short of your needs. I am very happy with this product.
on March 5, 2013
I purchased this item, and It came 3 days before expected. When I opened it I was pleased to see everything in the picture was in the package. I immediately tried it out. I first used the provided lens pen, and it got all the fingerprints, and dust off. Just to see how well the liquid solution worked, I put my fingers on it, and made prints. I sprayed the solution in the lens, and rubbed with a magic fiber cloth (provided in package) and was pleased to see my lens streak and fingerprint free! I am very pleased with this product, and highly recommend it to anyone.
on May 11, 2015
I didn't get the stuff :)
Bought it before november-28-2014 and didn't get it till now :)
on September 28, 2013
the quality of the items is pretty standard and some very cheap, there are a lot of micro fiber that seems to make this bundle bulky but they are inexpensive, in mi opinion the price is high vs the quality of the items.
do not try to use a any the pen or the brush to clean the camera mirror, I did it on mine and I had a lot of issues after that trying to clean the very small brush hairs that it throws in my camera.
mi advise for cleaning the mirror or lens is:

1- always try to use first the air blower include first.
2- if it does not work, try to use very softly the micro fiber, just touching the dust and and doing a very soft sweeping movement
3- never touch your sensor, if it is dirty look for a camera cleaner professional.

I would say that the only worthy things in this package are the blower, the cleaner liquid and probably one microfiber.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2014
The Good: The blower isn't the best you can get, but does an okay job for the money. I love the Magic Fiber cloths for their versatility. The giant one in this kit is especially nice.

The Bad: The lens pen, which is not "the" Lens Pen, started loosing bristles on its first use. The other padded side, for polishing your lens, seemed like it wasn't cushioned enough. The little felt-type disk was not properly aligned and the adhesive was partly exposed on the edge. The Purosol left streaks behind on my lens and wasn't much better on the filters. The lens papers didn't want to come off the pad without tearing, defeating the purpose of being lint free.

Bottom Line: Spend a little more for individual components from the original innovators. For example:
PEC-PAD Lint Free Wipes 4"x4" 100per/Pkg