5.0 out of 5 stars The Unknown DJ says CAD MH510 Headphones hit the sweetspot.
What's up to all my fellow EDM producers and lovers.
I don't comment on gear often but I will break tradition for this one.
I own and use several brands of headphones. They all have strengths. Sound is relative so I will compare the MH510 with two brands I like and you may have heard. Audio Technica's M50's and the Beyer Dynamic DT 770 Pro.
The AT 50's have...
Published 22 months ago by BigBeatPro

3.0 out of 5 stars HUGE!!
I can't speak to the quality of the sound for these headphones because I never got that far. The pictures look amazing and when you get them in person they're even better looking. That is before you put them on your head! They're massive and with the headband connecting to the outside of the cans they simply look ridiculous. I suppose there's a reason that you can't...
Published 11 months ago by Kyle F.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Unknown DJ says CAD MH510 Headphones hit the sweetspot., February 3, 2013
What's up to all my fellow EDM producers and lovers.
I don't comment on gear often but I will break tradition for this one.
The AT 50's have very clear high end and the Beyer has hyped low end, the CAD MH510 fall right in the middle.
The clear top end while still handling my low basslines, 808, and 909 frequencies in the mix make my life easier.
I can mix in my heads over night at home and not have to spend time with a bunch of adjustments when I fire up my monitors in the studio. Good tools are everything to a craftsmen. I recommend you give these babys a listen or at this price just take my word and buy them. You want flat response. WYHIWYG. I'm hard on heads. I drop em, park my chair wheel on the cords and just generally need rugged gear. I love what they did with the plug in and twist and lock cord, usually the first thing to go is the cord. Now I can just order one when it happens. They fold up really nicely for transport and are quite durable. That's it. Choose your color. The orange and black are to my liking. Peace

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Head Phones for the Price, September 14, 2013
Short history about me:(I have been doing both live sound and recording for over 20 years. I have played trombone in band, brass quintets, orchestras, and jazz bands.)
About the Head Phones: I started by allowing them to have a burn in period for about 48 hours. About half that time was music and the other half was pink noise. I found that like with most over the ear head phones that they are fairly good at blocking out back ground noise. I must say I was happy with the over all frequency response of the head phones after the burn in period. They have a smooth response going from one driver to the other in these units(lows to mids to highs). To be honest my hearing only goes up to around 15kHz now a days, so I had a few friends try out the head phones and get back with me with what they though. (the group consisted of guitar players, singers, bass players, DJs, gamers, and some who just like listening to music) I only asked they use lossless or raw audio files when listening. Over all most liked the headphones and were impressed with the frequency range. For the price these are good head phones. Are there ones out there that sound better, yes. I have personally used other models before that have a better sound stage and more open highs.
Recommend use: General listening; Tracking; and Live sound reinforcement, I would use a set with a better sound stage and more open highs to do post production. As I writing this review I am listening to them now, over all I am happy with them.
I would and have recommended them to a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars WAY Beyond Expectations!, January 26, 2013
I got my first set of the MH510 headphones a couple of days ago. I was looking for a set of headphones to mix when I couldn't use my monitors, and to listen to my mixes and masters through my iphone at night. I was amazed by the beautifully flat signal when listening to my mixes, and the incredible balance throughout the frequency range. I was able to hear my music at a level of clarity I wasn't able to hear with my expensive near field monitors. In fact, the headphones work so well, I was able to hear mistakes I could not hear through any other audio source.

As far as the design is concerned, the isolation of the ear pads is fantastic, and blocks out external audio sources very well. The inside top of the headphones have a nice padded buffer that makes wearing them totally comfortable. The set comes with a 1/4" adapter and two cords...one coiled and one straight, and both are long enough for moving around inside the studio without having to remove them. The cords can be removed from the headphones for easier storage. I was pleasantly surprised to find an extra set of earpads in the box as well. The carrying case is ok, and it's not really meant to protect the headphones aside from dust.

In short, I would expect these headphones to be more in the $400-$500 range. Getting them for under $100 is a steal, and I am going to replace all of my headphones in my studio with the MH510's. From now on, I will mix with my NFM's but will also use the MH510's in my daily mixing routine to help perfect my mixes and masters. Buy them before they're all gone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Headphones!!!!, May 10, 2013
This review is from: The Sessions Professional Closed-Back Studio Headphones by CAD Audio - Black and Chrome (Electronics)
So... I'm not one to write reviews on products that I buy, but for these headphones I had to.

I've been searching for some good headphones for a while, although when I started I wasn't sure what type of headphone I was looking for. I had tried the V-MODA Crossfade LP (First gen) because I thought that I needed some super-sturdy military-grade headphones, but the earcups were too small and hurt my ears after extended use and it felt as if it were trying to squeeze my brains out. Then I tried the Audio Technica ATH-ANC7B headphones because a co-worker told me I should look for some good noise cancelling ones, but those had strong interference from RF signals (and they felt kinda cheap). After those two pair I thought maybe I just wasn't a headphone person... And then I got these from Woot.com (a shot in the dark because I couldn't find any reviews that didn't look scripted).

Look/Feel:
Now I'm not some crazy audiophile, but I've fallen in love with these headphones. My ownership has only been a week so far, but I have been using them for nearly 8 hours a day. The earcups on these guys feel like two giant pillows placed on my ears, they're really soft. They do a decent job at noise isolation without applying a ton of pressure around your ears (which with the V-MODA headphones would give me a headache), and they sound awesome. The headphones themselves fold up nicely and fit snugly in the little travel bag that they come with. They earcups are bigger than the other headphones I've tried, but I like that and was what I was looking for.

Sound:
These guys aren't extremely bassy (extremely bassy = a bad thing), like others I've tested, so if you're looking for that you might want to go elsewhere, but I believe they're perfect. I don't feel overwhelmed when listening to bassy music, but they do still have some good kick. These are very good at all sorts of ranges in my opinion (but again, how qualified I am at judging these things is in question).

Sound Leakage:
I had tested this quality by playing some dubstep at max volume on my co-worker test subject and found there to be very little leakage. If I were 3-4 feet from him while listening, I could tell he was listening to music, but I could not make out what he was listening to. I give the test a thumbs-up!

Accessories:
They come with two high-quality rubber-coated cables, a curly one and a straight one, velvetene replacement earcup pads (equipped with leather pads by default), and a travel bag. Oh, and that little converter jack adapter. The bag is nice, not as protective as the V-MODA case or Audio Technica case, but still works for transporting the folded up headphones nicely. The cables work well, and having an interchangeable design is awesome because you can get any 3.5mm audio cable and use it with the headphones (as long as it fits in the slot). Currently I use a V-MODA audio cable with mine.

I feel as if I got lucky finding these headphones because they have everything I was looking for:
-Comfortable
-Sound great
-Fold up for travel
-Interchangeable audio cable

I use these things for Pandora streaming and PC Gaming mostly.

5.0 out of 5 stars These headphones are top notch!, April 3, 2013
I do a lot of recording a post production and these headphones are exactly what I needed! They are comfortable and the sound quality is supreme! The bass is so clear and intense. I highly suggest these headphones for any audio professional!

4.0 out of 5 stars Like your music loud these WILL, July 10, 2013
Read the Sessions MH510CR Manufacturers Product Description. The headphones are what the manufacturer says.
"Made for studio and live performances. The Sound Pressure Level capability rivaling a concert experience. World class isolation ensures a private listening experience virtually eliminating bleed into the playback environment. Quality construction stands up to the most demanding performer while not sacrificing comfort. A power handling capability begging for more"
My take
. These are made to be played loud and that's where they really shine, at low to moderate levels they sound listless, dull begging for more, Crank them up and the bass, mids and highs all come out and they sound great. If you like listening to your music at concert level or are in a very noisy environment these are for you.
The isolation is great but your ears get hot.
These are very well built better than much more expensive headphones, and should last.
These are big headphones 50mm drivers so if you have a smaller head these will look BIG.
The headband sticks out 2" past the drivers (check the picture), but the way they are designed they are very comfortable and exert just the right amount of pressure on my ears. It's not the pressure but the heat on your ears that limit how long you can wear them which for me is about an hour then my ears have to cool off. These are not portable (made for studio and live performances).
These have potential and are reasonably priced but I don't think they're good all around performers and really are made for Studio and Live performances just like the manufactures said. 3 STARS
Update: While changing the earpads from the leather to the cloth pads supplied, I noticed the round 1/8" foam covering the driver, I removed the foam from each driver (the edges are glued to the driver but easily removed) Afterwards the sound quality improved in the midrange and they now sound clearer at low and moderate levels, also the cloth pads are not as hot on your ears, so 4 stars

4.0 out of 5 stars For the money, these blew my mind, May 15, 2013
I picked these up for ~$80 on Woot, and I'm glad that I did. I was skeptical, at first, as I don't really believe in buying audio gear without hearing it -- especially from a brand I've never heard of. However, after about a week of use (I'm in software development, and spend about 70% of my time at work with headphones on).

The overall feel of these cans is one of quality. They feel extremely well built, and I think they might even hold up against the beating that I typically throw at my headphones. The detachable cord is a nice feature -- cheaper to replace the cord when it goes bad than it is to replace an entire set of headphones. Also, I like having the coiled cord as well as the straight one -- one works perfect for my desk at the office (curled) and one is perfect for at home, where my computer lives further away (on the floor).

I'm no audiophile, although I like to think that I am, however the sound quality is great. I listen to everything from Eric Clapton to 2Pac, and I love that these phones sound good with everything I throw at them. The mids and highs are accurate and crisp. The lows, while not lacking, are not overbearing like a lot of the "trendy" headphones of late (see: Dre. Beats...).

As I mentioned, I use these at work a lot, and the closed-back design is awesome for keeping your tunes from pissing off your cubicle neighbor. I haven't tried the velour ear cups yet, but the leather ones seal out sound well.

I've read that some people complain about the bulkiness of these headphones, but honestly, is size really a determining factor in a quality set of headphones? I've got earbuds and other (smaller) cans for when I need to be mobile (biking, skiing, etc.), so the size of these really doesn't bother me at all.

I would be surprised if these don't actually go up in price. From the research I've done, it looks like CAD is reasonably new to the headphone game, but they've been making professional level microphones for roughly forever. My guess is once they've established themselves as a reputable headphone manufacturer, that the price of their headphones (especially the "top of the line" Sessions) will go up. Pick these up while you can.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Compares at this price, Sound better than my $500 studio headphones!!!, February 12, 2013
My studio gets a lot of traffic, and I was looking to replace my AKG headphones, after listening to the Sessions I could not believe how great they sounded, actually much better than the much more expensive headphones I own, what I like about them is that they give me exactly what I put in, no extra frequencies that will make me want to alter my mix, I find myself going to the headphones to verify mixes now. If you want to save some money and get a major upgrade on your current studio headphones you cannot beat these, and on top of all that they are light and comfortable and I was able to get them in a color that matched my studio. The last thing is that they are very sturdy too, so I can keep these for a long time without replacing them. 5 Stars!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Big cans, big sound, August 21, 2013
Got these to replace the well-used-and-abused Carvin headphones that are part of my electric guitar practice rig. The CADs certainly outperform the Carvins, especially when plugged straight into an FX board; however, certain patches seem to really hammer the drivers in the CADs (more than the Carvins) even with compression and not-outrageous volume levels.

Under somewhat tamer conditions -- portable music player, Beats laptop -- they sound great with flat or customized EQ. Every instrument in a complex mix is crisp and clear.

One caveat: these are some BIG cans! So big, my wife laughed out loud the first time she saw me wear them. Fortunately, the ear pads and headband are comfortable enough for extended sessions.

In all, I rate these as a great deal for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Paying 4x more worth the 1% difference in sound? Not for me ..., August 8, 2013
The whole argument on which headphones are best always cracks me up. I own these headphones, Bose QC15, and V-Moda crossfade LP. I set them up side by side and compared them on the same volume level and the same song. Only when comparing side-by-side do you pick up subtle differences in the bass, mids, and highs. Each and every one of my headphones sound nearly identical, putting out great sound. I then played around with the EQ settings on my iPhone and was able to get these Session headphones identical to the sound of the Bose QC15's. The Session headphones were $79, the V-Moda crossfade LP's were $89 (lightning deal), and the QC15's were $299. My point ..... you can get Bose equivalent sound for about 1/4 the price. In the end you are paying a premium for warranty, looks, fit, name, active noise cancelling, and all other things in addition to the sound. If you simply want great sound and a comfortable fit, buy these at 1/4 the price and you will never know the difference.

I use my QC15's on the plane, my Sessions at my desk, and my V-Moda's out in the yard and doing rugged work. That is because the V-Moda is built like a tank.

In the end, they all sound great. From one normal working schmo to another, if you can't afford 3 different pairs of headphones .... buy these Sessions and you won't be disappointed.