Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

• Customer Reviews

on November 12, 2010
This is a great stock pot. I use it for canning. Nothing sticks to the bottom thanks to the 3-ply clad base. Even though I have to cook large quantities for long periods of times I don't have things stick to the bottom as I have experienced with other stock pots.
on December 29, 2010
I purchased this pot as a gumbo pot for my wife to use for the holidays. She is extremely happy with the size and weight of the pot and the even heating the bottom provides for preparing the roux.
on April 24, 2013
I've been looking for a larger volume stock pot and could not find what I wanted. The closest I found at gourmet kitchen supply stores was a sixteen qt. size, but I was disappointed in the quality of the product. The stainless steel was of very thin gauge and the price was quite high, given the lack of quality.
I've had great results with ordering from Amazon, so I thought I'd see if they listed a 20 qt. stock pot and yes, they had several. The reviews on the pot I was interested in were good overall and I placed the order. I was shocked to see the pot on my doorstep in just a couple days, as I expected it would take over a week. The packaging was excellent, so the pot arrived in perfect shape.
Now for the performance. I cooked up a two chicken batch of stock, as I can always freeze it, but I can't create more time in my life. The pot performed well. All positives and no negatives. The three ply base did a great job of conducting heat evenly throughout the pot. Cleanup was a breeze and it was good as new.
If you're like me and want a great value for your money, I highly recommend this item. You won't go wrong!
on February 25, 2013
Excellent, heavy duty. would defenitely recommend this product. It's heavy even when its empty, but cooks evenly. Love it! buy one!
Just made a large pot of chicken noodle soup. This is the best pot ever! Will be purchasing more from this manufacturer. EXCELLENT!!!!!!
on December 20, 2012
This is a very well-made stock pot. The directions say not to use it on high heat and they aren't kidding! I foolishly attempted to boil water on "high" and the wide bottom refected the heat back onto the enamel of my electric stove and actually scorched it! This might not be an issue for a gas stove with grates that are set well above the surface. Follow the directions...
on January 27, 2013
I make cheese, and this pot was my second 20 qt stockpot purchased. I love the metal lid and stout handles and the minimum of rivets on the inside where the handles are. The problem for me is it only holds 16 quarts comfortably with the lid on. I often need to do 20 qt batches. The other pot I got on amazon has a glass lid. Prime Pacific 18/10 Stainless Steel 20 Quart Stock Pot With Glass Lid I don't prefer the glass lid, but that is my only option for a 5 gallon batch of cheese, because that pot actually holds the volume it was advertised to hold. If this pot held the advertised amount of liquid, I would have given it a 5 star review
44 comments|44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 17, 2011
Went ahead and ordered a 12 quart after having this for less than a week. I am a professional chef and m wife has a small farm. I "batch cook" the veggies for the freezer and these larger pots are essential to that process. Works great on my ceramic cooktop. I know...a chef with a ceramic cooktop?
on December 2, 2013
I went ahead and purchased this pot despite the mixed reviews and I have to say I regret that I did.

First, the picture of the pot is perfect in that you don't notice that the "3-ply" bottom was added on to the pot. It looks like someone took a standard stainless pot and sandwiched an aluminum disk and outer shell to it. Appearance wise, it looks like a franken-pot between that and the different finishes around the pot. Also, after taking the label off, despite thorough scrubbing, the rectangle of where it was remains.

Construction wise, the pot has visible spot-weld burns inside and for such a large pot, I hope they hold. I also hope that bottom stays in place as I prefer a hot disk of aluminium to stay away from my feet. Otherwise, the lid material and original pot (not added on bottom) material seem very durable and are thick enough to be "commercial" however the other issues detract from this.

The very first time I used this, the pot had stains on the bottom of both the inside and the outside that scrubbing did not remove. I've never had a basic stock do that to a pot, however that's a much lesser issue for me than the construction.

Overall I wish I had spent twice the cost of this and gotten a real commercial quality pot from someone like Browne. This pot should be no more than 2/3 the price it's listed for.
on January 27, 2016
I got this for brewing beer in small 2.5 / 3 gallon batches. Was going to go with the cheapie $40 one I also found on here but decided that spending $15 more on a much higher quality kettle would be worth it, and I was most definitely correct. It came in a box that looked like it had been through hell and back but the kettle itself showed not a single dent or scratch. I tested the strength of the walls by squeezing hard on the sides of the kettle and it barely showed any flexing. I can tell that this is a very durable product that will last for many years.

Couple of notes:
* The kettle bottom, body and lid are stainless steel and magnetic so they should work fine with an induction heater. The handles are non-magnetic, possibly aluminium
* The bottom is completely flat, which is also important for cooking with an induction cooktop
* The internal dimensions are ~10x11.5 inches, so using some basic math to solve for the volume of a cylinder we can see that the maximum volume would be about 4.5 gallons or 18 quarts (17 liters)
* The bottom is REALLY thick, a bit more than 1/2 an inch, which is great for evenly distributing heat and maintaining temperature
* The design of the kettle is quite nice, whoever made this definitely put time and effort into every detail
on September 12, 2010
I got this pot specifically for doing lobsters. It doesn't stain of discolor like aluminum pots.