Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing STEM

on December 27, 2012
As far as serving it's purpose of blocking extra light and protecting your lens, it comes close. The downside is that you can't put your lens cap back on unless you take off the hood. This is quite annoying, and makes it so you can't just leave the hood on. Also the hood starts to vignette around 25mm on the 18-55 kit lens. As for the cleaning kit, the solution works great but the rag is absolute rubbish. It leaves little fibers all over the glass. If I bought this again, I would throw the rag away before ever using it. The cap keeper is awesome definitely the best part of this buy.

Overall, this kit gets the job done, pretty much. For the price, it is definitely worth it, just make sure you have a good cloth to use and don't count on the one included. Right now, I am using the little black one that comes with Apple laptops.
on April 24, 2013
Bought for my Canon 35 mm f/2 and it fits perfectly. I originally purchased the Canon version and I did not like how it connected to my lens. This lens hood actually fits more securely and is a bit more sturdy.
on April 24, 2013
I needed a hood for my 50mm lens and this looked like a good deal, but when i got it the problems began. Its just not made very well and it strews on to the front of the lens and you cant put a filter on the lens because of it.
on September 21, 2011
Good product - good price - does what it is supposed to do - I am going to purchase another one for my larger lens
on March 14, 2012
I was very pleased with the tulip hood, it fits perfectly on my 50mm f/1.8 its a great little hood and it was only 5 dollars, and it came with extras. So worth it.
on March 25, 2013
Not easy to put onto the lens and you can't put your lens cover on after the hood is in place. I guess you get what you pay for.
on November 12, 2010
This is a excellent price and it does what it is supposed to do. Easy to use. Lets in just the right amount of light and protects your lense.
on March 15, 2013
You cannot put your lens cap on if you have this on your lens. besides that is hard plastic and it looks nice.
on August 10, 2013
Once you attach it your lens cap wont attach, so ere is no use in inverting it to stay it put.
on September 16, 2015
I should have paid closer attention to the comments about the lens cap not working. There are other brands that include a pinch lens cap, for the same price.

See 1 answered question