Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 58MM Professional Lens Filter Accessory Kit (Vivitar Filter Kit (UV, CPL, FLD) + Carry Pouch + Tulip Lens Hood + Snap-On Lens Cap w/ Cap Keeper Leash + MagicFiber Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 25, 2012
Nice set! Really good value for money. I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived. I just got my Canon EOS Rebel for my birthday on May 16th and this was my first accessory purchase.

Filters are nice, solid and screw on my 18-55mm kit lens perfectly. Nice carrying case for filters. Quick shipping and there was even a letter promising full satisfaction from the seller. I've added pictures to the gallery to show what exactly is in the box.

Flawless transaction. Great purchase!
review image review image review image
11 comment| 166 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 10, 2012
Ordered this kit off Amazon from Goja, LLC. Upon receiving the items everything seemed great until I noticed that my UV filter rattled around and wouldn't stay in its encasement. I contacted Walter at Goja and he did the unexpected and got in touch with Amazon to send me out a new UV filter free of charge. I didn't even have to send the broken one back! I couldn't have asked for a better experience, and wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again. Thanks for the great experience!
11 comment| 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 21, 2012
I recently purchased this filter accessory kit and was pleased with 1) the speed with which the items were delivered 2) the handy case for storing the 3 lenses (which isn't mentioned in the kit description) 3) the great price and 4) the ease with which I used the items on a whale watching trip. I would not hesitate ordering again from DigitalGoja for other camera-related products.
on March 8, 2013
Have had that set of accesories for a few weeks now
- The filters are ok. Then only issue is the somewhat limited grip area to unscrew them from the lens (more on that later)
- OTOH, the tulip hood is badly designed
* It screws onto the filter/lens, so that it rotates with the lens as the camera focusses on its
subject.
Consequence is that the longer/shorter cap of the tulip rotates too, without any freedom from the
user to adjust it depending whether you want shadow or not. Really a bad design for that

* It screws on top of the filter, which means you need to remove the hood in order to change filter

* Finally, after attaching and removing the hood several times, ended up with a very critical situation.
I WAS UNABLE TO REMOVE THE FILTER THAT WAS TOO TIGHTLY SCREWED ONTO THE LENS!
Having to screw the hood onto the filter simply over-torqued it.
Tried to remove the filter by hand, no success due to limited grip
Tried to remove the filter with a set of pliers and ended up breaking the filter...
A technician at my local photo shop gave it a try with a lens wrench, w/o success

Bottom line, the hood is badly designed and should be attached directly to the lens, on its outside diameter (like the original Canon design) and *not* on the filters.

Ended up purchasing the *real* Canon hood instead.Canon ET-65B Lens Hood for EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 IS and DO IS USM Lenses
55 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2016
This is a nice little starter accessory set, but it isn't without flaws.

1. The filter optics seem to be manufactured well enough for this price range, but I found the screw threads to be very easy to tighten down way too far on my Canon SL1, making the filter difficult to remove. I fear it would be easy to inadvertently tighten one down and not be able to remove it. Based on other reviews, this problem doesn't seem unique to me. Be careful when attaching or removing.

2. The tulip hood suffers from the same threading problem - I'm sometimes afraid I won't be able to remove it. It's also not adjustable - it's attached just like a filter and changes position as the lens focus and/or zoom change. At some zoom settings, the flare tip is visible. This may or may not be a problem for you; if it is perhaps look into something like this: Canon Lens Hood.

3. I like the carrying case for the filters; easy and simple and protects them.

4. Another lens cleaning cloth. Oh joy. All the others in my lens cleaning cloth colony will have to make room for a newcomer.

5. The lens cap seems good as a spare but the original Canon cap is made better. People who don't like advertising the manufacturer's name will like it. The cap keeper string is what it is (I find them annoying).

Otherwise, a nice starter kit. The seller (who seems to have a good reputation) included a note promising to take care of any defects or problems, which was a nice touch. If I had paid $150. instead of $15. I'd be unhappy, but these have no pretensions of being high end. Sometimes good enough is good enough.
on September 10, 2014
Basic kit that works. Not much to expect from this package but it does what you expect. The filters work effectively, the pouch is handy, the lens cover and keeper strap are handy. I've had some other cheapo filters that were poorly constructed with very bad threads, but these have a pretty good build quality. The CPL cuts glare, brings out the blue, and gives clouds contrast just as you'd expect, just make sure you rotate it until you get the desired effect. The UV filter works just fine as a general protector and haze filter. Haven't had occasion to use the FLD filter, but hey it's included.
on March 5, 2012
The filters were much better quality than I expected for the price. I was shopping for a reasonably priced UV filter when I saw this three-filter kit plus other goodies. Good value, great service.
on January 22, 2013
Snap on lens cap - 5 stars.
Cap kepper leash - 5 stars.
Carry case - OK.
Tulip Lens Hood - Somewhat.
All three filters - low quality. Picture looses sharpness. Increases optical interference. zero stars (just no use)
on February 9, 2016
The filters and hood work well. A very economical lens protection system. I'm using the uv filter to protect the lens. Two of the three filters are glass while the purple filter looks like plastic. The hood is not a clip on type but a screw on so you cannot put the lens cap on when the hood is attached. Turns out the Canon hood is also a screw on for this size, 58mm, although the lens cao can be attached on that one. Canon original is 2x the price just for the hood vs this entire kit. Great value.
on September 30, 2014
Bought these to protect my lenses for my canon t5i. They fit great, the build quality seems superb and the little pouch they came in was a nice touch. I haven't found a good use for the purple filter but the UV and polarized filter are nice. I also enjoy the cleaning cloth (a much have for photographers) and the little lens cap strap they give you. These have already helped keep my lenses clean on a few occasions and I only needed to clean the filter (which if I scratched I would just buy another one since they are so inexpensive).

I have one canon brand filter which I'm guessing costs 10X more than this pack of 3 filters. As far as build quality between the canon brand and these, I would say the canon has a slight advantage on build quality but this quality is so small it is negligible. I would recommend people buy these over the canon brand (or other expensive name brands) unless they need to wast their money.

I haven't really needed to use the lens shade thingy yet. Most of my lenses do rotate when I zoom in or try to focus so using that part would be a pain.