5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Package
Published 7 months ago by John Miller

3.0 out of 5 stars Great filters, lens hood not so great
Published 5 months ago by Allen M.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Package, February 27, 2014
John Miller (DeQuincy, La USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 58MM Professional Lens Filter and Close-Up Macro Accessory Kit for CANON EOS Rebel T5i T4i T3i T3 T2i T1i XT XTi XSi SL1 DSLR Cameras - Includes: Vivitar Filter Kit (UV, CPL, FLD) + Vivitar Macro Close-Up Set (+1, +2, +4, +10) + Carry Pouch + Tulip Lens Hood + Center Pinch Lens Cap w/ Cap Keeper Leash + MagicFiber Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth (Electronics)
My package arrived a day early which is always a nice surprise. Walter dropped his note in my boxed items, and I got an e-mail from the company. That's a company going the extra step. I am a few days late giving my review, sorry but I have been very busy. I did not read about what all came in the set, I was just expecting three filter lenses and some other stuff I thought was "Fluff". There was NO Fluff in the package. The Macro Set was a total surprise, as well as the carrying cases. Digital Goja, My Hat is off to you. I had expected to pay 20 Dollars for just the filters. But instead I got an affordable set of filters, macro lenses, with a few extra useful items that I can actually use. Keep Up the Great work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome super close ups!, March 25, 2013
I have gotten into doing photography of flowers and wanted a way to get images with great close detail. This 4-macro lens kit is perfect. I especially like that they can be stacked to get even closer results.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good investment, November 4, 2013
The items arrived quickly and were exactly what I had ordered--we have already tried them out and they work great. Great product for a beginning photographer on a budget. The company gave good service and stayed in contact to make sure everything was as it should be. I would recommend them to others and would also consider using them again in the future.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great filters, lens hood not so great, May 3, 2014
This is the second set of filters that I have bought from Goja, and they work great, however this 52mm tulip lens hood isn't that great. It has no threads on the inside so you can not attach any filters once the hood is on. Really defeats the purpose of the lens hood. Overall for the price that you pay I would get it. The macro filters, UV and Polarizing filters are really good. Just wish the hoods worked a little better.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good deal overall, mixed bag, May 2, 2014
If you factor in the price of this kit, it's not a bad deal, but buy it for the CPL, UV filter, filter case and lens cap. The rest of the pieces are OK or worse.

The circular polarizer works great, and the UV filter works just fine as a lens protector (what they're for). The lens cap is great, and comes with a really nice holder drilled through the side, but the holder string comes untied a lot, so watch it. Lens cloth is just fine as a lens cloth. Haven't used the stick-on lens cap holder because the lens cap it comes with has a string already as said. The bag to hold the filters is nice and velcros really firmly.

Mag/macro filters work OK, but really distort outside the center, especially 10X. Never had other filters like these, so I can't say if that's just the way they are, but I suspect so. You won't get much use out of these unless you are photographing insects or things like that.

The fluorescent filter has been totally useless in my experience, unless you just want a reddish purple picture.

Worst of all is the lens hood. No matter how I turned it, the hood was visible in all pictures at every length from 18mm to 135mm on my t5i. Completely worthless. Shame, too, because it screwed on nice and held securely, even with lens caps or filters screwed on top of it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy accessories and some somewhat useful tools., September 9, 2014
Hey, what can I say for a kit of some rather useful accessories for my camera that was only $23?
Let's start with the filters: These are, well, they're alright. They're not the most useful things in the world, but good to have on you, just in case (Who knows? Maybe you'll want a purple shot.) The filters don't really do what they're supposed to. For instance, the FLD, florescent filter (The purple one) says it gives you more natural lighting under florescent conditions. Maybe my camera just doesn't have a problem with that, maybe yours does. I'm not sure, but I just get a purple shot. The CPL polarization filter really doesn't do all that much against the glare, but it does help a little. I mostly use it just to have a darker shot, make things a bit more ominous without color correction. The UV filter may be the only really useful one of the bunch, though it doesn't do anything, really. It's supposed to block some of the sun's harsh light, but, really, it's just a piece of plastic. What it IS useful for is a nice protective covering for your lens. So I just keep it on for protection, to shield my lens from any nasty particles that might want to get in there. These filters come in a handy little wallet case, which is convenient.

Okay, the next thing in here are the magnification lenses. These actually do work quite well. I've used them all many times to get extremely close-up images. I have a "macro" 18-55mm kit lens on my camera and these lenses add quite a bit to that. It comes with a +1, +2, +4, and a +10 lens. The +1 doesn't do a whole lot, but the others definitely do create a very shallow depth of field and magnification that can produce some very cool shots. Also, one thing I've found is that is you can actually stack these lenses, in order, to produce a very very close-up shot with an incredibly shallow depth of field for those who like to get creative. These also come in an identical wallet case to the filters (Which can be a little confusing, but not much.)

The lens hood is a lens hood. Wouldn't expect too much. It does it's job well, just like any cheap lens hood will. It blocks out a lot of the harsh light from intense light sources like the sun and eliminates unwanted glare. Then there's the famous center-pinch lens cap which is quite useful, especially when using a lens hood. The cap also came with a little sticky cord that is supposed to attach to the lens of the camera, but I didn't use it because I use multiple different lenses. So I normally just throw the cap in my pocket or in the camera bag when not in use. Of course it comes with a rather large microfiber cleaning cloth which I have little use for, but is nice to have with me.

Overall, this is a good buy just to get some little bits and bobs to play with on your camera, as well as some quite useful and handy accessories. I would recommend this kit, but not for anyone who really needs some quality filters. I believe there is another version of this kit without the filters, if you want to buy that with some quality filters. But if you're just looking for some handy accessories for your new camera, I would absolutely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good deal., March 11, 2013
The lens hood fit well on my Pentax lens. The lens cap and holder and standard items and work well. The close-up filter set comes with a nice protective pouch. The mounts of the filters are thick enough that they may cause vignetting with very wide lens angles but for the price, this is a very good set. It is not equivalent to a top of the line set but those filters cost $60 or more a piece. For regular, non-critical work these are fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal!, March 28, 2014
The product arrived on time and definitely does what it says. Great deal for the money especially if you are new to photography and want to experience most of it. Close up macro filter kit did a great job and provide great detail. Double threat ring make it stack-able and easy to combine and experiment between all (filters and macro kits) . Besides, seller provide full return coverage if customer doesn't meet satisfaction of what they expected.
Great product, great service, very recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, April 4, 2014
Great kit. And it arrived earlier. It was for a friend's daughter and she's absolutely crazy for it.
Keep up the good job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, April 3, 2014
Love this, right out of the package and they all worked great! Would love to see a catalog of all products this co offers!