Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD

on March 12, 2014
Gotta love Amazon!! The order was received in 2 days with free shipping (I'm a Prime member)...and the product is exactly what I wanted. It takes the 18-55mm kit lens for my daughter's Canon T3i (which is equivalent to a 27mm film lens) and makes it basically a 10mm lens, ideal for any occasion where a wider angle lens is needed. A friend of mine owns a Nikon 12mm lens he paid $2,500 for. It's really nice. But I paid 100 times less, and the results from mine are really nice too!

Why did I buy it?

I do real estate marketing for a living (design and printwork) and I bought my daughter the Canon for Christmas. She's got a great eye for photography, and I wanted to introduce her to real estate photography. Well, she had her first photo shoot last Saturday, and the photos came out really well. However, I could tell that the images we took, weren't as wide of an angle as those taken by professional real estate photographers. So...I asked one of my favorite photographers about his equipment (he's the one with the $2,500 Nikon lens). He told me what my options were, and I searched on Amazon for what I thought would be a good fit.

This lens obviously caught my attention because it gives me the same focal length for a ridiculously low price (actually a little wider than his Nikon). When we first got it, I couldn't wait to try it out. So we opened the box, saw the leather pouch it comes in, took it out and screwed it onto the Canon. When I turned the LCD viewfinder on, I almost couldn't believe it! It's not quite 180 degrees....but if you stand in the doorway of a small bedroom, let's say, you'll absolutely have every part of the room showing in your lens. Amazing! It also captures much more of the "floor-to-ceiling" so it expands things both horizontally and vertically.

I wish we had purchased it prior to last Saturday's shoot, as I think the photos we took would have been much better (even though they were already good!) I'm almost thinking about driving back out to the property as a favor to my customer and re-shooting the house. The wider angles work really well for real estate photography...and it would've given all of the images a much more professional look and feel.

If there's any caution with the's this. At it's widest angle, you will definitely get vignetting (the corners turn black)...however that happens with basically ALL wide angle lenses (most especially with fisheye lenses). I just back off the widest setting slightly, and the black corners went away. Still though, you'll need software to help correct for the lens distortion where things curve around the edges (in other words, the left and right walls will be curved when shooting a room). GIMP does a pretty decent job of that with its lens distortion filter, and their software is free.

All in all, I couldn't be more pleased with this lens! I haven't used the macro aspect of the lens yet, as it was purchased primarily for the wider angle requirements....but I'm fairly certain the macro will be great too! The lens feels very high quality (heavy, and doesn't feel cheap at all.) It screwed onto the camera with no effort at all (but as with photo filters, the threads are VERY fine so you have to make sure you've got it on correctly before tightening down. You don't want to strip the threads.) Mine went on perfectly, and smoothly.

Oh, one more thing I noticed. If you use the built-in flash on the camera (it's forward facing)'ll get a small "half-circle" shadow at the bottom of the photo. That's because when you have the lens added to the standard kit lens, it adds a couple inches in length. The flash is ever-so-slightly blocked at the bottom of the photo, but the same thing would happen with a telephoto lens. Again, all you have to do is zoom in a little closer...or buy a flash that sits a little higher (on the shoe instead of the lower-sitting built-in flash).

Just buy won't regret it at all.

on November 18, 2014
I bought this lens used. The description was minimal but was categorized as "very good". The product (besides packaging) looked brand new. There were no scratches or marks of any kind on it. The lens works great. The fish eye isn't as wide as I had hoped ( i may be using it incorrectly) but the macro lens is amazing. I took this photo yesterday. Great seller and product for the price.
review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 12, 2013
I may be an amateur, but I think it's awesome taking macro shots with this lens. All my lenses have too long of a minimum focal length to get sharp close-ups, and I can't afford a stand-alone macro lens. This solved the issue. I was a little scared to order it considering some reviewers said they "broke the threads due to the cheapness." The threads on ANY lens are tiny and must be treated gently. [When screwing any object into place, you should turn it the wrong way first. When it "clicks", it's all lined up to screw the correct way.] All-in-all, I recommend this product.
on December 31, 2014
I've attached a demo photo I made for myself.

I used my 50mm f1.4 lens and took the same shot with and without the fisheye adapter. I then overlayed the 50mm shot onto the fisheye version for size, color, brightness and focus comparison. The fisheye is darker, which could easily be corrected, but I was trying to see how much darker it would be, so I kept the manual setting the same for both shots. The distortion I expected, and is not bad overall, the red color shift is noticeable. However, in this brightly lit room, the camera could not autofocus with the extra lens attached. When I tried to manually focus, there was no way to get the image sharp, even in the center, this shows the least unfocused I could make it.

I personally find this unusable for any use I can think of, and I'm returning the lens.
review image
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 5, 2014
Amazing Lens, like described by the seller, fast delivery and came with one Magicfiber for lens cleaning and a little bag. When the lens are in its widest setting the corners go black but I guess it happens naturally, but with you put in 35mm they are gone. But still a really good lens, for beginners and just to have fun it's amazing.The macro portion is really good too!! You can see in the photos. I really loved it! Had so much fun testing it!
review image review image
on December 16, 2013
While this is NOT a $600 wide-angle lens, as it was not designed to be, it will turn your "kit" lens into a wide-angle lens for a fraction of the cost. I use it on my Canon EF-S 18-55 mm lens and it does exactly what it was designed to do.

Don't let the negative reviews sway you as they are from people that think you can buy a brand new Cadillac at a local police auction for 10 bucks... Where do these people come from?

I have mixed reviews on the "macro" part of the lens, but then I haven't given it a proper test-drive yet. Perhaps I'm not using it correctly.

For the price, you can not go wrong.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2013
if you're looking for an alright fish eye lens,this would be for you. The price is right for what you get. Although it has a fish eye view,the black vignette around it kind of throws a lot out of the pic...The macro attachment though,i find it pretty dang good, I was able to take clear close up pics of a quarter "IN GOD WE TRUST" with the detailed scratches of the quater...also the hairs on my face, and the micro sized pockets of air inside of a tear drop sized icicle. So overall i think its a decent fish eye,and a great macro for its price range!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 5, 2014
 Best bang for the buck. Don't expect quality like a $2,500. But expect to have A LOT of fun with this and be satisfied.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 19, 2015
I didn't expect a 26 dollar lens to produce such amazing photos! I am a beginner to photography (I got my Rebel t5i 4 months ago) and I didn't want to spend much on a macro lens, so I bought this one. It comes with a small carrying case, and 2 caps for the front and back of the lens. When zoomed all the way out (18mm) you get the fisheye effect, and when zoomed in all the way (55mm) you can take close-ups. With this lens, you can focus on things as close, or closer than 1 millimeter away from the lens. I highly recommend this lens to any photographer, advanced or beginner. Great quality for a great price!
on July 11, 2014
I wish I could give this 5 stars, and I really wanted to, but it falls short, both as a macro lens, and a fisheye. What makes it "okay" vs. "great" is the fact it's not a great piece of glass, so when you add it to the end of a higher quality piece of glass, it just doesn't shoot as sharp, and with the severe vignetting from the obstruction of the lens, by the time you crop it appropriately, you're back to where you were without it, except a very slight fisheye affect.

In the package I found a note from Goja, asking me to contact them if I was dissatisfied vs. leaving anything other than 5 stars on Amazon. I found this distasteful. On the one hand, I appreciated the seeming commitment to customer service, but it struck me as a tack to populate less than honest feedback on the site that sells its product to third party customers.

I feel a site like Amazon is a customer centric site, and the feedback left here should be honest, and not orchestrated by the manufacturer of the product sold.