From the Back Cover
Implement Hadoop Solutions throughout the enterprise
If you're ready to make the most out of massively scalable analytics, you need to know how to take advantage of Hadoop technologies. With this guide, you'll learn how! It focuses on the architecture and approaches for building advanced, Hadoop-based enterprise applications, taking a deeper, code-level dive into delivering real-world solutions. It also walks you through the data design and how it impacts implementation. It explains how MapReduce works, and shows you how to reformulate specific business problems in MapReduce. Throughout the pages, you'll find in-depth Java code examples that you can use, derived from applications that have been successfully built and deployed.
Professional Hadoop Solutions:
- Explores the MapReduce architecture, its main components, and the MapReduce programming model
- Discusses how to create reliable MapReduce applications, including testing and debugging, as well as how to use built-in MapReduce facilities
- Explains how to extend Oozie and use it to integrate Hadoop-based implementations with other enterprise applications
- Describes how to build real-time Hadoop-based applications and how to leverage real-time Hadoop queries
- Shows how to extend Hadoop's security capabilities, including encryption, authentication, authorization, Single-Sign-On (SSO), and auditing
- Covers different approaches to running Hadoop in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, e-books, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
Wrox Professional guides are written by working developers to address everyday needs. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
About the Author
Boris Lublinsky is principal architect at Nokia and an author of more than 70 publications, including Applied SOA: Service-Oriented Architecture and Design Strategies.
Kevin T. Smith is Director of Technology Solutions for the AMS division of Novetta Solutions, where he builds highly secure, data-oriented solutions for customers.
Alexey Yakubovich is a system architect at Hortonworks and a member of the Object Management Group SIG on SOA governance and model-driven architecture.