5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE LOVE
Published on August 13, 2012 by Tmatiak

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality!!!
Published 14 months ago by Patty

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE LOVE, August 13, 2012
This review is from: Elite 18 Piece Makeup Brush Set Professional Quality by L.A. Minerals® a Registered Trademark (Misc.)
I don't even know how to begin to explain how much I LOVE these brushes. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning when I opened this case and saw all the many different brushes. There is a brush for anything and everything you can think of, you will never want to purchase another brush set again! When I first opened the set, I wanted to play with it for hours,and do all of my girlfriends makeup! The quality of these brushes are worth the price. The first thing I did when I opened these brushes was to play with the tips of them, I could tell just by looking at them that they were professional quality brushes. Typically if you purchased a cheaper set of brushes,(I have before) you can run your fingers through the tips of the brushes and the little fibers will come out on your fingers, but not with this set. The first time I used a few of these brushes I was just blown away, My eye makeup looked completely different than it did when I used a cheaper set of brushes. I mean it did not look bad with my other brushes, but it looked amazing with the Elite set, my makeup looked like a professional had applied it! The case that comes with this particular set of brushes is wonderful, each piece sits very snug in the pockets and there is a flap that folds down over them so if you drop them, or turn them sideways they will not fall out. It is not big or bulky, it even fits in my purse! This Elite 18 piece makeup brush set is like the icing on the cake! Other brushes are like cake without icing, they are good, but these brushes are like having your cake and eating it too, AMAZING! You will not be disapointed with this set! GET IT :))

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Great, March 19, 2013
I am a person that is super picky about the things I use on my face and I was really nervous buying this but I have to say I am very impressed with this product. The quality of this product is amazing. The brushed are soft, they don't shed, and they are very attractive. They are the type of brushes you would see being sold at Sephora for a really expensive price. The case it comes in is a bit big but it's very nice and attractive looking as well. Basically, for the ladies that do love having nice makeup tools this is a must buy. You just can't got wrong with the quality and the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great brush set!!, November 27, 2012
I really love this set. The quality compared to other sets is very good. I love the handles on these brushes and looks very professional. My only complaint is I did not like the eyeshadow brush. Too flat and hard. The other brushes are very soft and applies my make up with ease. My favorite brush out of this set is the eyeshadow blender brush. It really does a great job blending my eyeshadow.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful brushes, but for me some of them are a little to stiff or too soft for good application., February 18, 2013
I purchased these brushes on sale and must say they were nicely packaged and the whole set is very attractive--at a friendly price! :) The case they come in is elegant and nice to look at. All of the brushes have a nice light-weight feel to them when held. The only thing I did not favor was the strong odor of the case that I hope dissipates over time. My impression of these makeup brushes is that they are quite soft to the touch (haven't used them with my makeup yet)and seem to be made with good quality. I noticed that the two fan brushes (the small and little) had a slightly noticeable amount of frayed/curled bristles on the sides but it is not a major concern and I don't think it will hinder their performance. The set is elegant and I love how they feel when swept across my skin! I would recommend these brushes to anyone! Again, the only thing I did not like was the strong odor of the case and the slightly frayed hairs on the sides of both of the fan brushes. However, I think the hairs will straighten out and relax once I wash and use them. Otherwise, they are a beautiful brush set at at a great bargain! I will try to update my review after I use them for a while.

P.S. My husband thought these were my painting brushes (I'm an artist), I thought that was funny! However, I do wish painting brushes came with really cute brush cases like this :)

***UPDATED REVIEW ON 2/25/13***

Overall, these brushes are really pretty and nice-looking. The strong chemical odor of the case mellowed out and I no longer smell it anymore, which is a huge plus. Some of the brushes are almost "too" soft while others are too "stiff" to blend and apply my makeup properly--which is why I docked a star. Perhaps I am using them wrong? On the bright side, these brushes haven't shed on my face like cheaper ones have in the past and don't irritate my skin because they are super silky. I have also had much better experiences with certain drugstore brushes like EcoTools and Sonia Kashuk.

I use mineral blush and powder for my face, but use liquid foundation (I did not really like the foundation brush it came with). I wish they were a little more firm for better application. I feel that a lot of drugstore brushes work more effectively than these. For the $50 price tag on sale, I am not going to return them because I still think they have great value and offer a variety of tools. Another thing I didn't like but will get used to is that the brushes are thick and take a long time to dry after I clean them. My favorite brush is the tiny, pointed eyeliner brush that applies my gel eyeliner so perfectly. The jumbo fan brush is a lot of fun, I love to lightly sweep powder or a little shimmer on my face with it! I am purchasing some fuller and thicker drugstore eyeshadow brushes because these eyeshadow brushes are just too stiff, thin, and short to apply eyeshadow, it almost hurts my eyelids. I really wanted to love this whole set, but I think there are some brushes that I didn't end up caring for as much as I thought I would.

I would recommend these brushes, but would warn that you might want to get better eyeshadow brushes if you really like to blend your makeup.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality!!!, July 18, 2013
I bought these brushes for my daughter for her birthday. She started to use them and she like them because they were soft but after the second week of used they were coming off of their handle. I should have write this review from that time but like I barely have time to be here giving reviews about products and now I have the time to give them so other people don't make the same mistake I did and take a long time in reviewing an item that you pay so much money for it and you don't get what is worth. So disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Vegan Brushes, December 21, 2012
These are great brushes - soft, very high quality, and the case is perfect. High quality vegan makeup brushes are scarce, and I am glad I found these. I think they will last a long time to come.

2.0 out of 5 stars stipple brush hair fall apart instantly, January 5, 2014
i got the brush after reading great reviews, once receive the order it look very nice and decent price. Start to use it, the stipple hair brush falls off in chunk...still manage to use it and the hair still fall off. I thought it could be new that's why the hair keep coming off. I think the hair is not glue on good for this stipple brush. It was my favorite as well. Send the seller a feedback and have no reply. I think I gonna have to return this item, since the price drop almost $14 since I have purchase it within a week.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible... Poor Quality! Fell apart after only a few uses!!, February 12, 2014
I liked the brushes when I first received them, however after moderate use for a little over a month the heads of the brushes began falling off the wood handles. The large fan brush was used only once in a test as I had never used that type of brush and it also fell apart. I returned the brushes due to the poor quality and the fact they were falling apart therefore not usable, and was charged a restock fee!! Not happy that I paid $55 for what I thought would be quality brushes to find them falling apart after minimal use, then charged a restock fee when I return them as defective!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, July 25, 2013
This brushes are the best! They are synthetic and very good quality! I just love them! Definitely worth a buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, September 9, 2012
These are my first set of quality synthetic brushes and I love them. I have another set of brushes that are made from animal hair and they are so hard to clean and are not soft at all. I had another set of brushes that I didn't spent very much on and within a short time I tossed them in the trash because they shed all over the place and when I washed them I would loose more bristles. I have had these brushes for about 1 month and they are so soft and super easy to clean. I haven't had a problem with any shedding. The handles are smooth and are the right length. The case they come in is really nice. I would highly recommend that you get them before the price goes up. Just think about it, each brush is just $3.27. How many quality synthetic brushes can you buy for that price?

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›