5.0 out of 5 stars outstanding piano pedagogy text!
Published on September 29, 2010 by Mary Murray

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected
This book just gives general ideas of teaching. I was hoping to have more specific things that would help me better teacher.
Published 14 months ago by mom

5.0 out of 5 stars outstanding piano pedagogy text!, September 29, 2010
This review is from: Professional Piano Teaching: A Comprehensive Piano Pedagogy Textbook for Teaching Elementary-Level Students (Paperback)
I purchased this text as a resource for my undergrad B.A. project. Little did I know that this book contains a wealth of information ranging from practical advice for new and experienced piano teachers to very clear explanations for why we teach what we teach. It is well organized. Each topic is well-placed and easy to find. There are detailed descriptions within the chapter on technique and musical sound development that are priceless. There are plenty of examples, tables, lists, etc. I believe I have stumbled upon a resource that won't stay on my shelf too much. It will be "well-used"!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best and most comprehensive..., January 12, 2008
Dr. Jacobson explains the art of piano pedagogy in the most comprehensive text available. New and experienced teachers alike will benefit from her expertise in the field of piano teaching. She is very dedicated to making us the best teachers we can be! This book is essential for every music teachers library as a reference and inspiration!!!

Sincerely,
L.Cook
piano teacher for over 20 years

4.0 out of 5 stars good resource, July 8, 2011
This is a terrific resource to have on hand. It has been several years since I've graduated from music school, and it was good to have a "refresher".

One of the things I was hoping to find, but was not included in this book, was ideas and techniques for teaching children with learing disabilities, specifically ADHD.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good advice for all music teachers, May 2, 2014
I am a Guitarist and guitar teacher and I found very useful advice in this book for everything from curriculum sequence [what to teach when] to GREAT advice on starting and maintaining a successful studio.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, January 4, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, January 1, 2014
excellent book. User friendly , full of great advice to futher your own professional development.

I also like the size of the print , not too small as many of these types of books can be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits the bill, March 10, 2014
I just can't say enough about what an excellent resource this book is. You will be enlightened, inspired and use this volume as a resource for many years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, January 18, 2015
Excellent resource for piano teachers. It gives lots of ideas and helps with all levels of students.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, February 13, 2015
Lots of great info in here for teachers.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for lay people, January 3, 2015