5.0 out of 5 stars IT'S IN THERE, December 18, 2007
This review is from: Professional Pilot's Career Guide (Paperback)
I was a fighter pilot in the USAF,USAirways captain for 28 years, and have written 5 books on airline safety. Since I have been flying for over 70 years, I thought I knew something about aviation , this book proved me wrong. First I want to congratulate Robert Mark on the fact that he was an Air Traffic Controller for 10 years, that got my attention quickly. Rob has over 6,000 hours in the air and has produced a remarkable book.

If you want a job as a pilot, don't know whether to try for a small or large carrier - Wonder about prerequisites to fly airlines, wonder about pay scales on small or large carriers --- Its In There
Wonder about how to look and act at a job interview - Important websites for pilots--Its In There.

I only wish that I had read this book before I applied for my first flying job, it would have helped me to find the proper track, and follow it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every High School Library Needs This Book!, January 19, 2008
David (Melbourne, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Professional Pilot's Career Guide (Paperback)
It's a truth that most every young person's interest in aviation will lead them to consider flying as a career. Rob encapsulates for them the essence of how to get started on the path to a professional pilot career. While there are a lot of books on the subject, the Professional Pilot's Career Guide not only manages to cover just about every variation of how one can get paid to fly, but also gives them a dose of reality about the good, the bad, and the ugly (including the "Order of the Sleepless Knights" aka Freight Dogs). What really makes Rob's book interesting and readable is the sidebar slice-of-life stories about real people "living the dream". My opinion is that this book belongs on the shelf of every high school library in the country.

The Professional Pilots' Career Guide is not just for wanna-be's and newbies. There is a lot of valuable information for those who maybe considering shifting career gears by branching off into a different flying job. The book also includes a section on the do's and don'ts of interviewing for the job and on resources available on the Internet.

Anyone interested in getting started (or moving up) in their professional pilot career should consider reading this book to get the edge on their competition.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read!, July 18, 2013
This review is from: Professional Pilot's Career Guide (Paperback)
I'm now looking to begin my flight training as a college student so a lot of the book was not relevant to me. But, as I move up in the industry it's a tool I can always look back on to guide me or give me helpful tips at every stage of my career in commercial aviation.

4.0 out of 5 stars good insight, June 20, 2013
This book lays out all of the options available for a pilot to make money. Some of the information is timeless, but some of it is outdated as the industry is ever changing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best value for the Money, December 13, 2007
This review is from: Professional Pilot's Career Guide (Paperback)
This is a priceless resource for anyone who has plans for any type of flying. There is something in it for every aspect of an aviation career. The insights shared in the interviews and real life scenerios are very thought provoking, but they are the real facts. It will take a particular kind of person, to sit down and to read this book from cover to cover.
It is a wealth of information and definitely worth more than the money you pay for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good School Book, September 17, 2013
This review is from: Professional Pilot's Career Guide (Paperback)
I had to buy this for a flight class but I actually enjoyed reading it. It reads more like a book than a textbook. I think it has good information and everyone can take something away from it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need to know, March 24, 2013
This review is from: Professional Pilot's Career Guide (Paperback)
I wish I had this book back when I was still deciding whether or not to go into the industry. For any young man/woman who aspires to become a pilot, this is the best book, it has everything you need to know on the industry. It also explains how to pay for your flight training.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read, January 25, 2013
I wish I had this when in first started flying. It's all the questions you should be asking your self when starting a career in aviation. Well worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Have, July 2, 2008
This review is from: Professional Pilot's Career Guide (Paperback)
I am a soldier who is looking into becoming a pilot when I get out. I do not know anything about the professional piloting industry, so I decided this book would be a good place to start, and it was a great choice. It gives very deep insight into every type of professional piloting out there, including regional, national, and international airline piloting, as well as corporate/business piloting, fractional and charter piloting, and contract piloting. The author has sections devoted to these different categories and there are many interviews with pilots in each of the categories, as well as insight into the top companies and corporations in each. There is also a chapter devoted to choosing the right flight school and a chapter on how to conduct interviews once you are qualified, and more. The only bad thing about this book is that there are some parts that get into all the technical pilot lingo that a newbie like me does not understand, but that will come with the education, and then I can read the book again, too easy. I highly recommend this book to any individual who wants to get paid to fly.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy for future pilots, January 6, 2008
This review is from: Professional Pilot's Career Guide (Paperback)
This is a must have book for any future commercial pilots. The writing style has something to be desired, but he gets his points across.

Professional Pilot's Career Guide
Professional Pilot's Career Guide by Robert Mark (Paperback - June 15, 2007)
$32.00 $25.50