Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Professional S 3" Paring Knife
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Size: 3-inch|Change

on December 28, 2012
While this is obviously a quality knife, it's not what I ordered. The shape is completely different from the picture. The shape of the received knife does not work very well for cutting small items on a cutting board.
on October 13, 2015
This knife doesn't hold an edge as well as the other "Professional S" knives that I have (8", 10" chef's knives). It seems to me that the steel used for the paring knife is softer than that used on the larger knives. Overall, this knife is okay, but it does need more frequent sharpening.
on April 13, 2013
Our paring knives were getting a little raggedy, needed a good replacement. Glad we got this one. The handle is excellent, the blade is very sharp and nicely shaped, stiff blade. I like the stiffness of the blade because it doesn't "flick" out of whatever you're cutting and spray foodstuff when it slips out. Nice balance overall, easy to use in the many odd spots that a paring knife can get into.

Good knife.
on April 18, 2014
The knife we used for years for fine mincing finally died. We purchased the Henckels' Professional S 3" as a replacement, and it is outstanding. Does a super job of finely mincing things like garlic for sauces.
on December 21, 2013
Bought as a replacement when my wife snapped last one in half...don't worry, it wasn't the knife's fault she was prying open a package. Needless to say she is banned from the knife block. Works really well for paring and peeling.
on February 1, 2015
Replace the for another that my husband managed to break. I understand there's a lifetime warranty but not sure how to take advantage of that so I bought a replacement in the meantime. Wonderful knife, useful size and easy to keep sharp.
on February 5, 2016
Transaction was flawless as usual. Amazon always does a great job, in my opinion. This German made knife itself is excellent. Good quality steel, nice handle, and excellent balance. The first time I've ever owed a quality kitchen knife, and I am impressed with this one! One note; be careful if you're not use to cutting with a sharp knife. I cut myself the first two times I used it ...probably didn't help that I'd had more than a few beers. Totally my fault, but just be aware this tool is sharp! I'm very happy with my purchase.
review image
on June 26, 2015
Apples, avocados, pairs, potatoes, or whatever you want sliced or peeled. This is an excellent pair knife. I've even met a guy that was using one of these as a Bushcraft knife once on a camping trip. Why not? It seems to hold an edge pretty well and sharpens pretty easily. In the kitchen you will find it very handy. It has been a trusted part of my set for 8 years.
on July 10, 2014
It's Henckels. Do you need to know more? This is a fantastic knife -- my "go to" knife for almost all chores in the kitchen. Henckels' Twin Pro is my favorite line. It's perfectly balanced; it becomes an extension of your hand. Good knives are the most important things you can own in your kitchen, and this is the first knife you should buy.
on February 7, 2007
I have a 3 inch paring knife that I use frequently. The Henckels Pro S 4" is my new favorite. It is great for peeling fruit and cutting sandwiches. It provides a nice firm grip for my hand, even when wet. I wear a large size in a work glove to provide perspective.

I have a lot of experience with Henckels and I am most happy with their products.