From the Back Cover
Proven techniques and best practices for troubleshooting SQLServer 2012
This book is packed with expert advice and real-world examples,showing you how to troubleshoot SQL Server 2012 based on a thoroughunderstanding of SQL Server and Windows internals. It shows how tomaster the use of specific troubleshooting tools, and how tointerpret their output to quickly identify and resolve anyperformance issue?on any server running SQL Server.
Professional SQL Server 2012 Internals and Troubleshooting:
- Takes you through the life cycle of a query to help present SQLServer's architecture in a practical context
- Helps to demystify server hardware and storage systems andexamines how SQL Server uses memory and how you should configureit
- Explores query processing and execution, locking, and howtempdb works
- Shows how to use troubleshooting tools to gather, analyze, andrespond to the source of a system-wide performance issue
- Details how to enhance your troubleshooting toolset withPowershell and Extended Events, and how to manage SQL Server in avirtual environment
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answerprogramming questions about this book, join discussions on thehottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmersfrom around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well ascode samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contentsfor hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programmingtopics that matter to you.
About the Author
Christian Bolton is the Technical Director for Coeo Ltd.and a Microsoft Certified Architect, Master, and MVP for SQLServer.
Justin Langford is a Director at Coeo Ltd., a SQL ServerMVP, and an author.
Glenn Berry is a Principal Consultant at SQLSkills.com, aSQL Server MVP, and an author.
Gavin Payne is a Senior Consultant for Coeo Ltd. and aMicrosoft Certified Master for SQL Server.
Amit Banerjee is a Premier Field Engineer at Microsoftand the owner of TroubleshootingSQL.com.
Rob Farley is Owner/Principal of LobsterPot Solutions, aPASS Director, and a SQL Server MVP.